News Hawthorn player questioned over sexual assault allegation - No Names, etc; UPDATED: cleared (9/5/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a gut feeling this will all be over with soon as no case to answer.

But unfortunately unless the actual players involved are named then all 22 players will be targeted in name calling and accusations.
Also I feel for the young girl, but in the end of day if there's no 100% proof of any wrong doing then I'd advice the young girl to stay away from night spots where footballers go to and hang out with friends in better inviroments.

Stop guessing what happened, it adds nothing to the discussion and it's distasteful.

a) That question has been raised by reports. Yeah, the "reports" may be BS, but it is out there.

b) A number of posters here have been happy to be "guessing" against the victim: "what if she was willing then changed her mind?" and "how could she be assaulted in the taxi then go home with them?!" Not telling you how to suck eggs on your own board, but you can't really have it both ways.

a) That question has been raised by reports. Yeah, the "reports" may be BS, but it is out there.

b) A number of posters here have been happy to be "guessing" against the victim: "what if she was willing then changed her mind?" and "how could she be assaulted in the taxi then go home with them?!" Not telling you how to suck eggs on your own board, but you can't really have it both ways.
You'll find plenty of posts stating what you have stated in your post so no need to moralise to all Hawthorn posters. There are only so many times you can hose this down. I've posted similar sentiment as have dozens of other posters. The mods have been tireless too. Its a topic that typically invites people jumping at shadows, and sometimes with some pretty nasty victim blaming stuff

Slobbo now has his sights set on us. His tough times protecting Hird are over...now he can really ruin a club.

Ridiculous double standards, not wanting the Essendon 34 named but wanting other club players to be named. Random bigfooty posters could do a better job writing in the Herald Sun.

I have a gut feeling this will all be over with soon as no case to answer.

But unfortunately unless the actual players involved are named then all 22 players will be targeted in name calling and accusations.
Also I feel for the young girl, but in the end of day if there's no 100% proof of any wrong doing then I'd advice the young girl to stay away from night spots where footballers go to and hang out with friends in better inviroments.

Really, like really.

Really, like really.

Have you ever heard of any good coming out of a night spot where footballers go to?
Even for young males who go to night spots where footballers go to they can have a bit more drink and we all know what happens when a young male has too much to drink.
Nothing ever good comes out of it... Male or Female...

Have you ever heard of any good coming out of a night spot where footballers go to?
Even for young males who go to night spots where footballers go to they can have a bit more drink and we all know what happens when a young male has too much to drink.

Why should a woman, or man, not be allowed to go out for the fear of being attacked or violated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I was young and drank to much I threw up

Slobbo now has his sights set on us. His tough times protecting Hird are over...now he can really ruin a club.
He can try.

Full disclosure by the HFC at the appropriate time will take the wind out of his sails.

The media are just doing what they mostly do....preying on other peoples misfortunes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

When I was young and drank to much I threw up

I was the happiest guy alive when I used to get drunk.
It's a different world now.
My brother who recently seperated has started going out again and even he noticed a difference in the way people interact when having a few drinks and at times he left early as it's not the way it was back in our days.

It's the world we live in now...

Even if it's your Son, they are in danger of being king HIT...
Different toppic I know but it's still a alcohol issue in night spots.

If you king hit someone, you need 10 years in the clink. That'll stop it.

Sentencing is too lenient. The book needs to be thrown at these knuckle dragging thugs

I was the happiest guy alive when I used to get drunk.
It's a different world now.
My brother who recently seperated has started going out again and even he noticed a difference in the way people interact when having a few drinks and at times he left early as it's not the way it was back in our days.

Yeah It's bloody scary at night. The look in the eye of these young men...they all want to prove their manhood. They want to "smash campaigners" for the slightest reason. Ice, Roids, Liquor and 'Strayan manhood...bad mix

No offense, but perhaps this isn't the best spot to be offering up observations or generalizations of posters.

On the whole, the large majority of posters in this thread are quite obviously concerned and troubled but what has allegedly happened to this girl, and understandably quite a number of our posters are equally eager to find out just what has happened to the point that they've speculated or related what is known to their own personal experience.

It's quite a mess, and has no doubt challenged quite a number of our supporters who want this to go away, but also want the truth to be known. People are torn.

A little bit of understanding is required, not judgemental or moralising posts with pointed fingers.

Yeah It's bloody scary at night. The look in the eye of these young men...they all want to prove their manhood. They want to "smash campaigners" for the slightest reason. Ice, Roids, Liquor and 'Strayan manhood...bad mix
Mate that was around 20 years ago to depending on where you were out, plenty of places I wouldn't drink or walk around at night back then.
Could be worse now but I haven't noticed it when I do go out and I work in town

Mate that was around 20 years ago to depending on where you were out, plenty of places I wouldn't drink or walk around at night back then.
Could be worse now but I haven't noticed it when I do go out and I work in town
Hasn't changed. As mentioned elsewhere, Australia has a huge problem with men having to prove their toughness. Combine it with alcohol...wowee what a powderkeg.

Hasn't changed. As mentioned elsewhere, Australia has a huge problem with men having to prove their toughness. Combine it with alcohol...wowee what a powderkeg.
Yep they would be much better having hash bars, they'd make a killing on food sales and could just screen shows like flight of the conchords all night, people would be too busy giggling and singing along to fight

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn player questioned over sexual assault allegation - No Names, etc; UPDATED: cleared (9/5/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back