Hawthorn Premiership Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

You sir are a peanut, read your comments about hawks can't get any better and just laughed. Within games were up and down like a yo-yo and have been all year. We're probably down with gold coast and Carlton in terms of 1st qtrs won for the year. When we're on though we are hard to stop. If you actually paid attention and watched some of our matches with a proper balanced view you would know there is upside. Roughie has been mediocre all year what happens if he steps up?, you haven't seen birchall all year and he will certainly make us stronger. 2 of our most important players are out injured yet were still winning (Big boy and Sicily), keep taking pot shots mate your bitterness and envy is showing.
Hayward going to be better than Mitchell? Pmsl your hilarious

You sir are a peanut, read your comments about hawks can't get any better and just laughed. Within games were up and down like a yo-yo and have been all year. We're probably down with gold coast and Carlton in terms of 1st qtrs won for the year. When we're on though we are hard to stop. If you actually paid attention and watched some of our matches with a proper balanced view you would know there is upside. Roughie has been mediocre all year what happens if he steps up?, you haven't seen birchall all year and he will certainly make us stronger. 2 of our most important players are out injured yet were still winning (Big boy and Sicily), keep taking pot shots mate your bitterness and envy is showing.

So nobody is ever allowed to question Hawthorn or it is bitterness?

You sir, are delusional.

One minute you want me to watch Hawks games more closely, the next you're writing woulda coulda shoulda'z.

My view is that Hawthorn have played their best to get this far, and still they are not guaranteed a top 8 spot.
My view is that Hawthorn have little to zero improvement come finals, save for the brilliance of players that have the capability to do so and have done so before. That means the improvement is NOT coming from your less than 50 gamers because IMO they aren't going to get any better. They have done their best.

History tells you that the number of less than 50 gamers is almost meaningless, the question is always will get they get better come finals. My opinion is that they won't.
You and the rest of the sooky la-la brigade of Hawks supporters seem to think that writing "salty" or "bitter" is a counter argument.

My opinion, there is those words again, is that Hawthorn's younger brigade are vanilla and have already reached their ceiling, compared to, for example, some of the Cat's younger brigade. Worpel played better than Geelong's younger brigade in one game, woop tee friggin doo.

That is as ridiculous as the mental gymnastics employed by other Hawthorn notables...
Dermot Brereton in justifying his stupid comments about Gary Ablett.
Hey Derm you stupid stupid flog, not only do good players make time & space for themselves, they are very good at making time & space for themselves. A good player with time & space is far more effective than running in a straight line because some stupid stupid flog says that is what they want to see because otherwise it means you are running away from getting hurt and/or protecting a sore part of your body. WTF!

And that other stupid stupid flog Dunstall, faux tough stuff should be penalised immediately because he doesn't like it. Except when the faux tough guy stuff is using your chest instead of your arm.

What sort of bullshit "expert" analysis is that?
Where do they think up this bullshit?

A 5 time premiership player and a 1000 goal kicker passing off this kind of dribble as expert analysis. The AFL should have an inquiry into the shit the media spews out as analysis, it's beyond a bad joke.

/rant.

No chance. Finals will be great for our youngsters development. I think we can maybe scrape through to a Prelim but ultimately don't have the quality to see off a fit GWS/Richmond or West Coast at home.
No i really believe you are wrong.

You will come 4th, flog richmond and sow a nice little seed of doubt in their minds and THEN gtfo

/it helps me sleep at night

No i really believe you are wrong.

You will come 4th, flog richmond and sow a nice little seed of doubt in their minds and THEN gtfo

/it helps me sleep at night

Whoever beats Richmond will win the flag.

We won't be the ones to do it. They have always been our bogey side even when they were average and now they are far superior to us. Don't see us beating them. Our early encounter we were blown away but they took their foot off the gas which provides a deceiving scoreline.

Hayward going to be better than Mitchell? Pmsl your hilarious

Hayward and florent were great picks for us once we did the deal, but mitchell is a unique talent , plus a proven big game player

You sir, are delusional.

One minute you want me to watch Hawks games more closely, the next you're writing woulda coulda shoulda'z.

My view is that Hawthorn have played their best to get this far, and still they are not guaranteed a top 8 spot.
My view is that Hawthorn have little to zero improvement come finals, save for the brilliance of players that have the capability to do so and have done so before. That means the improvement is NOT coming from your less than 50 gamers because IMO they aren't going to get any better. They have done their best.

History tells you that the number of less than 50 gamers is almost meaningless, the question is always will get they get better come finals. My opinion is that they won't.
You and the rest of the sooky la-la brigade of Hawks supporters seem to think that writing "salty" or "bitter" is a counter argument.

My opinion, there is those words again, is that Hawthorn's younger brigade are vanilla and have already reached their ceiling, compared to, for example, some of the Cat's younger brigade. Worpel played better than Geelong's younger brigade in one game, woop tee friggin doo.

That is as ridiculous as the mental gymnastics employed by other Hawthorn notables...
Hey Derm you stupid stupid flog, not only do good players make time & space for themselves, they are very good at making time & space for themselves. A good player with time & space is far more effective than running in a straight line because some stupid stupid flog says that is what they want to see because otherwise it means you are running away from getting hurt and/or protecting a sore part of your body. WTF!

And that other stupid stupid flog Dunstall, faux tough stuff should be penalised immediately because he doesn't like it. Except when the faux tough guy stuff is using your chest instead of your arm.

A 5 time premiership player and a 1000 goal kicker passing off this kind of dribble as expert analysis. The AFL should have an inquiry into the shit the media spews out as analysis, it's beyond a bad joke.

/rant.

upload_2018-8-13_20-51-6.jpeg

Whoever beats Richmond will win the flag.

We won't be the ones to do it. They have always been our bogey side even when they were average and now they are far superior to us. Don't see us beating them. Our early encounter we were blown away but they took their foot off the gas which provides a deceiving scoreline.
I think everyones hoping someone else will do the dirty work this year

What does X players under 50 games really mean?

It is just a rubbish stat used by media types.

An even more useless stat is we had xxx more players under 50 games than the rebuilding Lions.

it means we had X players with under 50 games experience. Unless you think players don't improve with games played then it isn't a rubbish stat. I believe they do. You said we had no scope for improvement. I think you're wrong.

I bet you could name a whole team of current players that have played under 50 games and they would be the shittest team ever, now, next week and in a 100 games time.

Of course, because players who have played under 50 games tend to improve when they get more experience. Are you getting the point yet?

Tom Mitchell is the most overrated player in the league.

Oh, you're one of them. I know a bunch of Sydney fans who disagree.

Your under 10 games brigade are vanilla at best, your upside is going to disappoint, IMO. The Cats have unearthed some genuine talent & will be miles ahead of you in no time.

I didn't say they were all going to win Bronlow medals and Colemans. I was disputing your claim that "Hawthorn aren't going to get any better". If you don't think sub 10 gamers are very likely to improve with experience, then I really have nothing more to say to you. In fact after finishing this reply I realise I've probably engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

How far back is the field? Miles.

Yes, he's good, but I think Miles alone will not be enough to bridge the gap. Miles+Worpel and we might be in business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sir, are delusional.

/rant.
Alright you're hiding something. Tell us what you really think.

it means we had X players with under 50 games experience. Unless you think players don't improve with games played then it isn't a rubbish stat. I believe they do. You said we had no scope for improvement. I think you're wrong.

Players improve the more games they play is not the same thing as playing more games improves players.

The latter is what has been suggested.

If you're no good playing 200 games isn't going to make you better.

Tom Mitchell is the most overrated player in the league. That is not saying he is a bad player, you can keep him. In the wash-up of that trade we ended up with Florent and Hayward. IMO Hayward by himself will prove to be a far superior player to Mitchell. Florent ain't half bad either.
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn Premiership Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back