Hawthorn Premiership Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

it means we had X players with under 50 games experience. Unless you think players don't improve with games played then it isn't a rubbish stat. I believe they do. You said we had no scope for improvement. I think you're wrong.

Of course, because players who have played under 50 games tend to improve when they get more experience. Are you getting the point yet?

Oh, you're one of them. I know a bunch of Sydney fans who disagree.

I didn't say they were all going to win Bronlow medals and Colemans. I was disputing your claim that "Hawthorn aren't going to get any better". If you don't think sub 10 gamers are very likely to improve with experience, then I really have nothing more to say to you. In fact after finishing this reply I realise I've probably engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Yes, he's good, but I think Miles alone will not be enough to bridge the gap. Miles+Worpel and we might be in business.

"...I realise I've probably engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent...."

LOL USING IT!

Hawthorn winning the flag is some kind of feel good story? WTF happened to BigFooty? Are Richmond supporters that bad?

The only thing about that eventuality that isn't awful is Roughead playing in all 5. Would also be cool to see Ablett or Selwood who played in 2007 play in another GF. Burgoyne also played in 2007 for Port. McVeigh still around from 2006.
A hawthorn flag isn’t a feel good story

O’Meara overcoming injury. Worpel being overlooked by Geelong. Mitchell being the oft ignored fifth best the midfielder at Sydney

And GE - it would make me feel pretty good and that can only be good for Bigfooty
I guess there are 2-3 year old hawthorn supporters out there yet to taste premiership success. They deserve it after the hard yards

5c6cb269b18a44ce98f47b5c2eb1726e8a755c4f
Strike 3

Don't know how much you can read into it from the last game. The good version of Geelong didn't really turn up and Clarkson took full advantage of it. We got beaten by Bulldogs and Adelaide too in the second half of the season, and I wouldn't be betting on either of them.

On the other hand, if Clarkson gets within striking distance, they're a chance. Hawthorn plays hard finals style footy that can put any team on the back foot. Would love to see them finish fourth and beat the crap out of the Tigers (whether or not they win).

If i was a Richmond supporter they would be my number one concern.

Play the MCG well and they love being the underdog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A best GWS 22 is every clubs number one concern.

Unfortunately, it appears injury may rob them again.

So....... not a single Hawks fan can put forward an argument about how/why the Hawks youth is going to step up, you're all just basically agreeing that your youth doesn't have the capability to step up. All we've seen is the usual Buddy bashing, delusional Cyril worshipping and troll after troll not contributing anything to the discussion.

It might go some way to explaining why we get the absolutely moronic suppposed expert commentary from the ex-Hawks in the media. It must be a Hawthorn thing. I/We won a flag so we can dribble any nonsense. Dunstall and Brereton obviously lack the intelligence to string together a sentence, come on Hawks fans you can do better.

So....... not a single Hawks fan can put forward an argument about how/why the Hawks youth is going to step up, you're all just basically agreeing that your youth doesn't have the capability to step up.

The fact that I'm replying to you again, probably makes me even dumber than your posts suggest you may be.

Do you know what a rising star nomination is? It is the very definition of a player thought to have the capability to step up.

Of the 8 players with under 50 games from the weekend, half of them have rising star nominations either this year or last year. One of them came second in the award last year.

Stop trolling, you are simply embarrassing yourself.

The fact that I'm replying to you again, probably makes me even dumber than your posts suggest you may be.

Do you know what a rising star nomination is? It is the very definition of a player thought to have the capability to step up.

Of the 8 players with under 50 games from the weekend, half of them have rising star nominations either this year or last year. One of them came second in the award last year.

Stop trolling, you are simply embarrassing yourself.

You say rising star like it is some kind of definitive proof. You must think I am thick as Derm & Dunstall combined to be using that sort of rubbish as an argument.

Last year the rising star people were muppets because Burton didn't win the overall award. Did they suddenly become geniuses at picking great footballers just because they pick a handful of Hawks as nominees?
I don't think so.
Kids get a rising star nomination for playing 1 good game. Let's not pretend the rising star award is anything more than a participation certificate to give the kiddies something to crow about.

Don't know how much you can read into it from the last game. The good version of Geelong didn't really turn up and Clarkson took full advantage of it. We got beaten by Bulldogs and Adelaide too in the second half of the season, and I wouldn't be betting on either of them.

I think we've found Chris Scott's bigfooty account.

Looked like you turned up to me. Dangerfield and GAJ had arguably their best games of the year (certainly the most supercoach points they've managed to rack up this year). Still wasn't good enough. You've only lost twice this year when GAJ scored over 130 SC points, and both those games were against us.

Not that I'd write them off, but I'd be more nervous facing GWS, and equally nervous facing West Coast.

You say rising star like it is some kind of definitive proof.

You asked for evidence. If you want definitive proof, you'll need a time machine.

You must think I am thick as Derm & Dunstall combined.

You overestimate my opinion of you.

Last year the rising star people were muppets because Burton didn't win the overall award. Did they suddenly become geniuses at picking great footballers just because they pick a handful of Hawks as nominees?

Yes, the way the final award is voted on is a bit silly, but the nominations each week are given to players that show something that suggests they might be future star material. I'd take the nominations as much better evidence of having kids who can play than the opinions of a slightly unhinged Sydney fan that our 'youf is no good'.

You asked for evidence. If you want definitive proof, you'll need a time machine.

You overestimate my opinion of you.

Yes, the way the final award is voted on is a bit silly, but the nominations each week are given to players that show something that suggests they might be future star material. I'd take the nominations as much better evidence of having kids who can play than the opinions of a slightly unhinged Sydney fan that our 'youf is no good'.

And I said your evidence is a little bit dodgy, given that it was you Hawks fans that labelled the Rising Star a hoax only last year.

I never said your youf is no good, I said they have played as well as they can this year and I can't see them getting to the next level for the finals.

There was a suggestion made by you that implied that just because they play more games they are going to get better. That is not entirely true.

The Bombers of 2000. They must have ended up the greatest team of all time? Yes?
What about the Carlton players that played in finals around 2010/11/12? Did they go on to bigger and better things?

So....... not a single Hawks fan can put forward an argument about how/why the Hawks youth is going to step up, you're all just basically agreeing that your youth doesn't have the capability to step up. All we've seen is the usual Buddy bashing, delusional Cyril worshipping and troll after troll not contributing anything to the discussion.

It might go some way to explaining why we get the absolutely moronic suppposed expert commentary from the ex-Hawks in the media. It must be a Hawthorn thing. I/We won a flag so we can dribble any nonsense. Dunstall and Brereton obviously lack the intelligence to string together a sentence, come on Hawks fans you can do better.

How can anyone put forward a definitive argument on something that is yet to play out and is also very subjective? All we can do is point to recent performances and they have shown a bit. I mean, one guy mentioned the rising star noms in the past fortnight and you angrily shot that down...

Why are you being so belligerent when we are discussing something so subjective

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn Premiership Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back