News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

View attachment 1690213

Looking at the chart, was external support offered as mandated. Is this to both/all parties?

If it was an intentional leak and the journalist or outsider who first received it doesn’t talk, it’s very difficult to prove. I doubt anyone from Hawthorn or the AFL used their work email to distribute it, or they would know already. Gil can’t say “it wasn’t the AFL.” How can he know that when it’s one of the possibilities and the person clearly isn’t going to admit to it.

The leak has emerged as the AFL’s best excuse to slot Hawthorn. They can’t do anything about the allegations themselves now and although the report was very poorly commissioned, I really can’t see them sanctioning us for asking the questions. That would be an awful precedent.

It comes down to the leak, which was bad. But Hawthorn needs to play a straight bat on that: we don’t know, you don’t know, it could equally have come from an AFL employee or contractor and Hawthorn cannot be penalised for that. The AFL cannot prove the source and should be taken to Court if they try to pin it on Hawthorn without evidence
I may have missed something in all these posts, but has anyone ever come up with a plausible reason why HFC would want to leak this report?! What on earth would the club gain from doing so?!!

I also remember Malcolm Speed saying on Wakeley’s SEN show that the report was not emailed to the board members who received it. It was printed, numbered, circulated at a board meeting and then all copies were returned and accounted for. If that is true then very few people would have had the means to copy another version and leak it.

I would be amazed if this leak came from the club.

I may have missed something in all these posts, but has anyone ever come up with a plausible reason why HFC would want to leak this report?! What on earth would the club gain from doing so?!!

I also remember Malcolm Speed saying on Wakeley’s SEN show that the report was not emailed to the board members who received it. It was printed, numbered, circulated at a board meeting and then all copies were returned and accounted for. If that is true then very few people would have had the means to copy another version and leak it.

I don’t think anyone would think it was a club sanctioned leak. Never know what motivates individuals though - personal grudges etc. Whoever leaked it will have their personal motivation

You jest, but I can't think of anyone else who has prospered from this leak! The club hasn't, the families haven't, Egan hasn't, the accused haven't, Gil hasn't. Who has prospered other than the purple knob?!
Are you sure the families haven't?

That's true, but ultimately they did agree to be interviewed so must have at least wanted it to get out.
I think all of the players, the coaches, the club and the afl would have been best served by a menginful mediation conducted behind the scenes.

17 players responded to the review and only 3 (or maybe only 2) talked to Jackson. Those that talked to Jackson talked only of their own experiences. Leaking the report exposed the experiences of the rest of the players who chose to remain silent. So leaking the report didn’t serve the interests of all the players at very least and I believe those that did talk to Jackson, didn’t want to drag the others into the spotlight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they did want it but didn’t think they were going to get it once it went to the afl and was sat on.
We were fckd either way. Do the best thing and sort it out internally or get whacked for not following the AFL rules

If it was an intentional leak and the journalist or outsider who first received it doesn’t talk, it’s very difficult to prove. I doubt anyone from Hawthorn or the AFL used their work email to distribute it, or they would know already. Gil can’t say “it wasn’t the AFL.” How can he know that when it’s one of the possibilities and the person clearly isn’t going to admit to it.

The leak has emerged as the AFL’s best excuse to slot Hawthorn. They can’t do anything about the allegations themselves now and although the report was very poorly commissioned, I really can’t see them sanctioning us for asking the questions. That would be an awful precedent.

It comes down to the leak, which was bad. But Hawthorn needs to play a straight bat on that: we don’t know, you don’t know, it could equally have come from an AFL employee or contractor and Hawthorn cannot be penalised for that. The AFL cannot prove the source and should be taken to Court if they try to pin it on Hawthorn without evidence
They've launched an entire investigation, I think there must be more to it than finding the source of the leaked report. Clarko and the AFL seem determined that there was something cynical or harmful about the club's conduct, I'm still waiting to hear what it is.

Just end it..... it is way gone......... I dont know what , if anything happened.... I hope it is a storm in a tea cup and I hope if it is, that someone smashes the teaset

They've launched an entire investigation, I think there must be more to it than finding the source of the leaked report. Clarko and the AFL seem determined that there was something cynical or harmful about the club's conduct, I'm still waiting to hear what it is.
You and me both. I've been hearing accusations but no charges. It would be nice to know what actually going on.

You and me both. I've been hearing accusations but no charges. It would be nice to know what actually going on.
The afl will find a way to manufacture more stories to shift blame from addressing the conversation/issue at hand, that will be a certainty.

And they will want to feel like they ‘won’ before the finals start, which will further will drive division across many different parties.

I hope we work behind the scenes to remove the AFL from every single touchpoint of governance now in the future possible

Sounds like the club cannot have a charge of failing to operate correctly if that correct.

If the AFL can pin us for the leak they’ll use that as the basis for the sanction.

The reality is that what has really pissed Gill off happened a few months earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back