NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
ABC was doing God's work
That jumped out at me, nicely put :)

I think though ABC folk would be irritated to know it's God's work, and not their own, and if God not they are getting paid for it, all Hell could break loose.

What were the player's managers role in all this?
Surely they got the players out of there as soon as possible or alerted the AFL?

Indefensible by all involved. It makes me question how other assistants weren't aware of this happening?

“All clubs are the same” = Clarko exonerated?

That’s what your clinging to now? Sounds like the Essendon defence re drug saga.

Nope... not even close to what I said/meant.

What I believe with surety is that clubs over step in player's lives all the time.
If there is a finding of guilt then the AFL will need to be very clear in it's findings so as not to entrap itself and other clubs who no doubt have also controlled players lives in the past.

But you can't get past club colors.... can you... when you read comments.

I can’t open the link to the emails.

Is it an iPhone or unequivocally HIS iPhone?

More than one iPhone can have proxy access to an email account.

It says

Kind Regards
Andrew
Sent from my iPhone

Honestly it doesn’t matter. He was either asleep at the wheel or lying (if the emails are genuine). Either way it’s poor and I’m inclined to believing lying to cover his arse.

I can’t open the link to the emails.

Is it an iPhone or unequivocally HIS iPhone?

More than one iPhone can have proxy access to an email account.
Absolutely Correct.

But right now there are so many separate individuals involved in the alignment of these allegations that it would have been a coordinated conspiracy of such proportions that Spielberg must be lining up to get the screenplay rights.

I'm sure he's concerned about his reputation! And rightly so.

But this is why he shouldn't have jumped behind the lawyers, because his statements have been rubbish. They are setting the scene for Wrongful Dismissal etc., but they're damaging his reputation further.

There's nothing to stop him defending himself against the ABC story. So far, he's pretty much said that it all happened, but he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

That's terrible for his reputation.

And if that's not the case, the he should use the opportunity to defend himself publicly against the ABC story.

He could separate that from the AFL I investigation and Hawthorn report, and continue to follow process for them..but he has no obligation to anyone to keep his mouth shut in response to the ABC story.

Mind you, I'm not saying he has to say anything. Only that he can. And if he wants to save his reputation, he needs to.
That’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it. The advice he’s getting I suspect would be different. God forbid if professionally my head is ever in the lions jaws like his is, I’m going to trust legal advice.

And he hasn’t said or inferred that “it all happened“. That’s an assumption (and an unfair one) on you part.

He has a legal recourse. Why isnt he exercising that then? Why didnt he exercise that the day after the ABC report came out?
We’re seven days following this all blowing up. Seven. I’m sure it will come.

Absolutely Correct.

But right now there are so many separate individuals involved in the alignment of these allegations that it would have been a coordinated conspiracy of such proportions that Spielberg must be lining up to get the screenplay rights.

Not necessarily. What if Evans or a coach also routinely had access to the Presidential email account.

None of this is good, but it’s not necessarily true that Newbold is a liar and was “in on it”.

It feels like the net is closing around the individuals involved though.

What were the player's managers role in all this?
Surely they got the players out of there as soon as possible or alerted the AFL?

Indefensible by all involved. It makes me question how other assistants weren't aware of this happening?

White-anting the girlfriend judging by the leaked email.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the reason Clarko is not giving his side of the story yet because he doesn't know what else is to come out, what other evidence might be offered.

It would be even more damning if he gives his story now and then its contradicted by an email or another witness a day later.

Its hard to respond to accusations when you havent been shown the actual accusations.

Its also simply ridiculous to expect him to defend himself to claims through the media made by anonymous people.

That’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it. The advice he’s getting I suspect would be different. God forbid if professionally my head is ever in the lions jaws like his is, I’m going to trust legal advice.

And he hasn’t said or inferred that “it all happened“. That’s an assumption (and an unfair one) on you part.
I'm sure the legal advice is fine. But I don't think it's legal advice that he needs, if keeping his job in the AFL industry is what he wants. It's PR.

You dont see this ending in a whole bunch of people with a whole bunch of lawsuits?

The AFL is going to come to a solution where all parties are satisfied?

I wouldn't have thought that is possible tbh
Would suggest Brisbane and North being the process of looking for new senior coaches, if Doctors/GPs can prove that an abortion and miscarriage happened to a couple of the players spouses, it's game over for Clarkson and Fagan

Trying to read as much as I can about this case and the facts presented so far, it really is impossible to see how Hawthorn and Clarkson and Fagan will be exonerated from this.

The testimony/allegations is overwhelmingly bad, it's almost impossible to conclusively disprove them imo

Its hard to respond to accusations when you havent been shown the actual accusations.

Its also simply ridiculous to expect him to defend himself to claims through the media made by anonymous people.
1. The accusations HAVE been made public. The draft report is available on line for all. It simply confirms what the ABC Report stated a week ago.

2. FFS. The people who made the allegations are NOT anonymous. They fronted up to give their stories to the Hawthorn appointed consultants and the ABC. That their names have not been published does not make them anonymous.

I wouldn't have thought that is possible tbh
Would suggest Brisbane and North being the process of looking for new senior coaches, if Doctors/GPs can prove that an abortion and miscarriage happened to a couple of the players spouses, it's game over for Clarkson and Fagan

Trying to read as much as I can about this case and the facts presented so far, it really is impossible to see how Hawthorn and Clarkson and Fagan will be exonerated from this.

The testimony/allegations is overwhelmingly bad, it's almost impossible to conclusively disprove them imo

Testimony?

In Australia you dont have to conclusively prove your innocence. Except maybe with driving infractions.

I'm confident in the process (well if it falls out of the AFL's hands) hopefully the truth will come out.

I wonder at what point those involved decide to not involve the AFL and instead bring in WorkSafe and proceedings in court.

Sorry to harp on this. But wtf did the AFL sit on the report when it contained these recommendations?

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 5.35.58 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 5.36.30 pm.png

Any CEO would surely make taking action to deal with these serious recommendations a priority. But Gil McLachlan put them in his back pocket to bask in the reflected glory of his $4.5 billion dollar media deal and the Brownlow/Grand Final week.

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back