NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
Someone who is not currently employed at the club delisted a 2022 playing member? We have more issues than I thought.
We talking about the same Jed Anderson who still is officially on the playing list and no announcement of delisting has been made whatsoever?

Why did he not just add a few more paragraphs and tell us what happened instead of saying he has not had a chance to give his side of ther story? :rolleyes:

Hey Al, what is your side of the story????????
He would have to name players and talk about their personal situations publically which wouldn't go down well.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

More of the report has been leaked.

I assume it's fine to reply to this, as BigFooty seems to allow it to stay - but if this is the report summary it is incredibly damning.

Yes yes, due process and natural justice and all, but any reader will not think highly of the named staff members after this, to put it lightly.

Newbold - “the media girl”.

What a gutless a-hole.
And he denies having seen emails at all, when the evidence clearly shows he emailed a reply from his mobile phone.
That makes it even worse for the other deniers I reckon.

So true...

And so far there is a lot of smoke and we are yet to see the fire... only that can come when both side give their version of events.

BTW... players from all clubs have been directed to do things they may not want to all the time... including who they hang out with, where they live etc. A question is whether through today's lens that history will cause a major problems for the AFL, on top of all of this.
What are you talking about?

Cyril was the smoke, this is the fire.

1664350528481.jpeg

He would have to name players and talk about their personal situations publically which wouldn't go down well.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's going to happen anyway, one way or another. If he explained those situations from his perspective, it would go a long way towards there being some empathy for him.

He seems to be doing very little to actually defend himself. Which is interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s critical of the impact the continual leaks are having on the process. He has a point.
No he doesn't.

The 'process' that has been announced by the AFL is an independent review headed by a highly qualified silk to ensure due process is followed. That process will not be influenced by 'leaks' of materials they will have full access to.

If anything it is a damning reflection on the leadership of McLachlan that he decided to sit on this report for more than a fortnight without seeing how damaging it was for alleged victims and their perpetrators and the AFL itself. It seems to me that he did what he always does - sat on it assuming his minions would develop a strategy to sweep it under the carpet.

But either someone within Hawthorn or AFL House got tired of the way AFL operates and decided to give it to the ABC to investigate. And the light of public scrutiny has finally been allowed in.

This is Clarkson and his legal team trying to get ahead of public opinion. Nothing more or less.

I am starting to wonder who knew about this and for how long.

I reckon Gil and HFC knew the details before the report was even commissioned.
Something isn't adding up.

I suspect Gil was hoping the report would never be leaked...

Perhaps ABC got the information from the report and Gil was in damage control?

I assume it's fine to reply to this, as BigFooty seems to allow it to stay - but if this is the report summary it is incredibly damning.

Yes yes, due process and natural justice and all, but any reader will not think highly of the named staff members after this, to put it lightly.
Sounds a lot like a "a pharmacologically culturally experimental environment never adequately controlled or challenged or documented" perhaps?
🤫

No he doesn't.

The 'process' that has been announced by the AFL is an independent review headed by a highly qualified silk to ensure due process is followed. That process will not be influenced by 'leaks' of materials they will have full access to.

If anything it is a damning reflection on the leadership of McLachlan that he decided to sit on this report for more than a fortnight without seeing how damaging it was for alleged victims and their perpetrators and the AFL itself. It seems to me that he did what he always does - sat on it assuming his minions would develop a strategy to sweep it under the carpet.

But either someone within Hawthorn or AFL House got tired of the way AFL operates and decided to give it to the ABC to investigate. And the light of public scrutiny has finally been allowed in.

This is Clarkson and his legal team trying to get ahead of public opinion. Nothing more or less.
Clarkson has claimed he hasn’t seen the report yet. He was to co operate with the the investigation until the AFL released its findings. Instead the whole thing is now being played out in the media. I think he can rightly feel aggrieved by this, particularly if some of the allegations are untrue, which he seems to be insisting.

You see the problem with him not being offered a new contract by a coaching staff led by a person with credible accusations of racism?

Lol so let me get this straight, North are not allowed to to delist a second string midfielder who has played 36 games in the past 3 years in the bottom side, because he is indigenous?

That is the most racist thing in this fecking thread.

Of course they don't.

But Sonja isn't an AFL lackie, she's a died in the wool North supporter and equally as passionate about social issues with the highest levels of integrity..

I trust her judgment, having heard both sides of the story and willing not only not to sack Clarkson on the spot, but back him unreservedly, that we should wait for the resolution of the inquiry.

She’s just backing Clarko and won’t be doing anything until the investigation happens.

I think this because it shows how easy it was for Newbolt to just lie by denial and how it is the strategy of choice when you have been exposed.
Newbolt was tripped up so easily.
The others...well there are just too many people with detailed accounts and as it turns out email records that these events happened as they said they did. Why did Newbolt need to lie do you think?

Something isn't adding up.

I suspect Gil was hoping the report would never be leaked...

Perhaps ABC got the information from the report and Gil was in damage control?
Gil just wanted to get past his Grand Final Swansong. He almost made it.
We talking about the same Jed Anderson who still is officially on the playing list and no announcement of delisting has been made whatsoever?
Because it's the new coaches' job (with the list manager) to decide if he gets a new contract. You see how that can't go well for North until this is all over?
He's not got a contract for next year, so unless somebody offers him a new one, he'll eventually be not on the list (de-listed).

Obviously the footy dept is in a state of paralysis at the moment.

And I think he's being poorly advised, if that's the intent.

I said this earlier - if he wants to keep his job and remain in the AFL system, he needs a PR team, not a lawyer.

The lawyer will ensure he gets paid what he's owed, but they'll be detrimental to his image and 'brand'. And that's the important part of he wants to coach again.

It's a stitch up the way it's being played out. I'm not denying terrible things happened. I'm concerned about the lack of due process given to a number of key personnel from the club.

There will be an investigation and hopefully the truth comes out. And action can then be taken. Excuse me for not grabbing my pitchfork. Have fun with yours.
The alternative way it could have played out is the AFL getting its grubby hands on the report in private and, true to form, covering up/burying as many aspects as possible. You think the outcome would be proper justice for the alleged victims if it wasn't playing out the way it is now?

The ABC was doing God's work getting ahead of this thing and putting it all out there. Considering there's a mountain of corroborating evidence piling up that this did in fact happen, and considering the alternative path of what would inevitably happen if this was dealt with by the AFL in private, I'm happy the way it's playing out now. Forgive me if my concern here isn't with the perpetrators.

Lol so let me get this straight, North are not allowed to to delist a second string midfielder who has played 36 games in the past 3 years in the bottom side, because he is indigenous?

That is the most racist thing in this fecking thread.
I'm saying that if Clarko has had any part in the decision or said anything about it, they'll have to review it 3 times before they finalise it.

It can be done, but there's another layer of due diligence required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back