NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
I'm sure they will find something wrong and scare other clubs off doing these sorts of reports in future.

Hopefully.

An issue as serious as this deserves proper resources and attention, not a half arsed effort the author subsequently leaks to a journo who stuffs it up.

But I note the AFL investigation ToR specifically allow for Kennett's vile racis to be investigated.

Something mysteriously absent from the review he commissioned lol

Alternatively you can bypass the journalist all together and just read the Egan report at the that's linked at the top of each page.

But then you don't have a scape goat to blame this whole thing on.

So transparent
Doesn't make it the truth

It's a report based on one side of the story with much of it based on heresay.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Join the dots.

Ok. You're racist.
I know I have I won the argument when the "You're Racist" gets thrown at me.

It shows that a person has no substance to their argument other than believing the narrative they want to believe.

A person with life experience and common sense can very easily see through the lies and exaggerated story telling .

At the end of the day Clarko and Fagan will be coaching very soon based on the lack of evidence to prove they are racist.

What did he write that was incorrect?

He had the gall to cast aspersions on North's messiah, and to insult a personal friend of the poster.

SBTDOTB won't acknowledge it, but he is hopelessly compromised by his bias on the matter.

At the end of the day Clarko and Fagan will be coaching very soon based on the very real lack of evidence to prove they are racist.

There will be no investigation into whether they are racist. That's irrelevant.

There will be an investigation into whether they behaved inappropriately towards some indigenous players and rather than no evidence, there is a fair bit of testimonial evidence.

No investigation = cover up
Investigation = cover up
God this is brain hurting stuff.

How are people questioning the independence of the 4 person panel? Some of the most proven indigenous advocates in the country. If Clarko, Fagan, Burt or Hawthorn did anything untoward, it’ll be uncovered.

If Judy Courtin believes the process to be so fundamentally flawed (rushed, white washed, beholden to AFL policies) then take up action on behalf on your clients through the Australian legal system.

Or is the lack of evidence and impartiality of the legal system to much to take the case on? Or don’t you want to do it pro bono?
Nice photo though, will go with your George Pell one nicely.

Last edited:
What did he write that was incorrect?

I don't know and nor do you.

I get you've chosen to accept every allegation contained in the report as fact.

And you're welcome to do that.

But that's an act of faith, not reason.

He had the gall to cast aspersions on North's messiah, and to insult a personal friend of the poster.

SBTDOTB won't acknowledge it, but he is hopelessly compromised by his bias on the matter.

I've acknowledged in every second post that I trust Sonja's judgement lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know and nor do you.

I get you've chosen to accept every allegation contained in the report as fact.

And you're welcome to do that.

But that's an act of faith, not reason.
Hold up.

You said he stuffed it up.

How? What did he write that was incorrect? Or maybe the proper question is, what claims did he make that were not in the report?

Hold up.

You said he stuffed it up.

How? What did he write that was incorrect? Or maybe the proper question is, what claims did he make that were not in the report?

Again, why is "the report" being treated as if it is the single source of truth here?

Nothing in the report is fact. I'm pretty sure - balance of probabilities - that the events described in the report happened.

But did they occur exactly, or even largely, as described in the report?

I don't know. Nor does Jackson or Egan. Or anyone on this thread.

Again, why is "the report" being treated as if it is the single source of truth here?

Nothing in the report is fact. I'm pretty sure - balance of probabilities - that the events described in the report happened.

But did they occur exactly, or even largely, as described in the report?

I don't know. Nor does Jackson or Egan. Or anyone on this thread.
So why did he stuff it up. how can YOU keep slagging of at jackson. You have zero justification for this.

It shows that a person has no substance to their argument other than believing the narrative they want to believe.

A person with life experience and common sense can very easily see through the lies and exaggerated story telling .

At the end of the day Clarko and Fagan will be coaching very soon based on the lack of evidence to prove they are racist.

And a person who has been through the most extreme racial abuse can see through the extreme and horrific treatment of Aboriginals.

Please enlighten us on your life experience in regards to Aboriginal abuse

But I note the AFL investigation ToR specifically allow for Kennett's vile racis to be investigated.

Something mysteriously absent from the review he commissioned lol
Whilst I personally don’t see much in Jeff’s ripped jeans comment (seems more a lame dad joke to me) this is one of the overlooked aspects of the whole saga imo. Not only did Jeff neatly excise himself from the whole review…one that was, you know, triggered by his behaviour…but the new report gave the Hawks a glowing endorsement. Now safe and inclusive, even though the Riolis said a few months ago they still wouldn’t be comfortable there. Bit strange.

Now that Jeff’s in the firing line (along with the bloke he despises), we might get an investigation after all.

Ho-ho, Jeff. You nearly got away with it.

So why did he stuff it up. how can YOU keep slagging of at jackson. You have zero justification for this.

I've explained it to you a couple of times a day for the last week or so mate.

If you don't agree, that's fine.

Whilst I personally don’t see much in Jeff’s ripped jeans comment (seems more a lame dad joke to me) this is one of the overlooked aspects of the whole saga imo. Not only did Jeff neatly excise himself from the whole review…one that was, you know, triggered by his behaviour…but the new report gave the Hawks a glowing endorsement. Now safe and inclusive, even though the Riolis said a few months ago they still wouldn’t be comfortable there. Bit strange.

Now that Jeff’s in the firing line (along with the bloke he despises), we might get an investigation after all.

Ho-ho, Jeff. You nearly got away with it.

I've long said that Jeff Kennett will be the big scalp out of all this.

Dad jokes also take an new light when Dad owns racilst toys and has otherm form on racism.

Last edited:
I've explained it to you a couple of times a day for the last week or so mate.

If you don't agree, that's fine.
No you have not. Not once have you explained why. You have never tried to discuss the article. Only abusing Jackson.

Show us where Jackson article was wrong??? Stop being a coward.

No you have not. Not once have you explained why. You have never tried to discuss the article. Only abusing Jackson.

Show us where Jackson article was wrong??? Stop being a coward.

I think the whole Jackson thing is somewhat of a distraction however I did just read this an thought it was interesting

Not so much the accusation of bias from its own program media watch, but the apology from the head of the abc that a report into trans gender athletes knowingly left out a key piece of evidence that ran contrary to the view they were clearly trying to push.

As I said, not related, but certainly interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back