News Hawthorn Racism Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

The goal of most civil litigation isn't to go to trial though, it's to settle before trial. Ben Roberts-Smith ran into a bunch of people who just said 'nah screw you, we're going to go to court and prove this'. It's possible the ABC just reach a financial settlement to quietly make it all go away.
You are dreaming if you think the abc will give them one red penny. Dreaming

When you threaten to name your victims and their families but they go and out themselves.

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

AFL and the Vic boys club: we would have gotten away with it to if it wasn't for that pesky WADA Human Rights Commission.

How NBA handles racism: actively kicks someone out no matter what status of (search Donald Sterling)

AFL: Burries the incident and actively helps a club hire the accused

What I don't get is the AFL statement during the week that came across as the most delusional case of obvious denial I think I have ever seen?

The Rioli situation at Hawthorn now being beyond just Kennet now makes a bit more sense. It's not just 1 boofhead who everyone thought was a joke anyway.

Not at all, there is no money in this for them. There is potentially a lot of grief for the AFL and Hawthorn, but no big payday for the complainants. It is clearly about them wanting to be heard. Taking away the dash for cash element, makes it even more powerful.
If they get proven to be correct they will rightfully be compensated very well. Whatever happens it's going to be a very long process with no real winners at the end of the day.

7.1 Section 46PO(4) of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 (Cth)​

Section 46PO(4) of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 (Cth) ('HREOC Act') provides:

If the court concerned is satisfied that there has been unlawful discrimination by any respondent, the court may make such orders (including a declaration of right) as it thinks fit, including any of the following orders or any order to a similar effect:
  1. an order declaring that the respondent has committed unlawful discrimination and directing the respondent not to repeat or continue such unlawful discrimination;
  2. an order requiring a respondent to perform any reasonable act or course of conduct to redress any loss or damage suffered by an applicant;
  3. an order requiring a respondent to employ or re-employ an applicant;
  4. an order requiring a respondent to pay to an applicant damages by way of compensation for any loss or damage suffered because of the conduct of the respondent;
  5. an order requiring a respondent to vary the termination of a contract or agreement to redress any loss or damage suffered by an applicant;
  6. an order declaring that it would be inappropriate for any further action to be taken in the matter.

What I don't get is the AFL statement during the week that came across as the most delusional case of obvious denial I think I have ever seen?

The Rioli situation at Hawthorn now being beyond just Kennet now makes a bit more sense. It's not just 1 boofhead who everyone thought was a joke anyway.
It’s called institutionalised racism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coaches will say they were trying to help the indigenous players get the most out of their football career. The indigenous players will say you caused us immense hurt and pain.

Who's most culpable here? The Hawthorn Football Club for not having adequate support for its indigenous players.

How NBA handles racism: actively kicks someone out no matter what status of (search Donald Sterling)

AFL: Burries the incident and actively helps a club hire the accused
Hmmm Sterlings racism was well known for decades in the NBA, it was only the audio tapes being leaked to TMZ that got the NBA to take action. Same with Danny Ferry’s firing from Atlanta (leaks to the press forced them to take action).

The NBA only makes a stand when it hurts their bottom line and/or when the players force their hand.

The difference here is even when it is leaked the AFL still stuff it up.

The coaches will say they were trying to help the indigenous players get the most out of their football career. The indigenous players will say you caused us immense hurt and pain.

Who's most culpable here? The Hawthorn Football Club for not having adequate support for its indigenous players.
Interesting.
Or is the afl responsible? as per the 7-eleven argument.
Or the individuals?
Generally you go after the one with the most $$$
But this feels different

If they get proven to be correct they will rightfully be compensated very well. Whatever happens it's going to be a very long process with no real winners at the end of the day.

7.1 Section 46PO(4) of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 (Cth)​

Section 46PO(4) of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 (Cth) ('HREOC Act') provides:
What do you call compensated very well? the average award payment is less than $20k not exactly a cash grab IMHO. And even then they consider the financial loss of the applicant, i can't see how Cyril Rioli will be flying that flag, the others might, and good luck to them that is probably the least they deserve. But do you think $20k is a massive cash grab for what they will endure??

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn Racism Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back