Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Day, Weddle, Newcombe, Moore all look like they will be top liners, if not already.

Scrimshaw, Lewis, Massimo, McDonald, McKenzie, Nash, Worpel, Dear, Watson are all players, with a good chance to become A grade talents. Sicily, Amon and Impey all act as on field leaders, guiding the youth.

Arguably we have more growth on our list, than Melbourne has had.

Especially if we add Smith, Battle, Perryman this offseason. Two of those listed looking likely already.
I wouldn’t have Nash or Worpel as A Grader level, Massimo maybe, the rest fair enough talent wise. I’d add there’s also players we haven’t seen yet in McCabe for example who I rate unbelievably highly.

I'd name it Tom.

Not much wrong with that name, but It's nothing special.

Depends how you define mdifield, some view it as including wings and high half forwards/backs. I view the game as inside and outside so just tend to mean the blokes who rotate through the inside rolls when I say midfield.

Worpel, Newcombe, Day, Nash and Meek would have done the bulk of it this year. Mackenzie and Moore rotate a bit - and that annoying tagger whose name I can't think of.
I’d name it Jerry

Finn Maginness is said annoying tagger

I'd barrack for Hawthorn against either Melbourne or Carlton. They along with Essendon are the real enemies.

Hawthorn though have been an interesting watch, as they've tended to be more willing to back in their own ideas rather than following group think. Hawk supporters on the other hand can be a bit cultish.
A Pies supporter accusing Hawthorn supporters of cult behaviour. I've seen it all now.

Just calling a spade a spade champ. Try it
yoda GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive acknowledged Hawthorn are better than I had given them credit for..

kudos for getting over the might of Richmond. Well done
Did it better than Essendon
When they had better players
And more to play for

Thanks for the kudos

When Hawthorn launched their second half come back against Collingwood, I thought Collingwood were reverting back to their hangover footy in their first three games. Little did I know at the time that Collingwood didn’t drop off at all; the Hawks emerged as the competition’s new superpower from that point on.
Makes Collingwood’s close win against Hawthorn one for the ages.

When Hawthorn launched their second half come back against Collingwood, I thought Collingwood were reverting back to their hangover footy in their first three games. Little did I know at the time that Collingwood didn’t drop off at all; the Hawks emerged as the competition’s new superpower from that point on.
Makes Collingwood’s close win against Hawthorn one for the ages.

It's crazy to think but if MacDonald nailed that goal vs the Pies and we didn't choke vs Port we would be 3rd right now.

It's crazy to think but if MacDonald nailed that goal vs the Pies and we didn't choke vs Port we would be 3rd right now.
Maybe. But had we not lost the Port game, we may not have learned what we needed to do to win the other games. As brutal as it was, that loss may be season defining.

No bad take, just facts

Hawks are crap and with the impending inception of Tassie, maybe the Hawks will be at the other end of the chasm of expansion clubs taking all the talent they clearly need
Geez there’s some humorous posts from you a little back.

No wonder you’ve gone awol.

All the talk of young talent and early draft picks...

This thread needs more Wizard - kid could be the best small forward in the competition within a very short period of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Back