Hawthorn remain Essendon bitches

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
This afternoon at Glenferrie, Bomberblitz and HawksHQ met in a much anticipated social match.

And for a while, it looked like a spirited contest.

But, in classic Hawthorn style, they more or less didn't turn up after half-time, and were thumped to the tune of 74 points.

Final scores:

Bomberblitz 16.17.113
HawksHQ 6.3.39

(apologies to my mate Rusty Brookes and others for the ********stirring ;) )

pazza said:
This afternoon at Glenferrie, Bomberblitz and HawksHQ met in a much anticipated social match.

And for a while, it looked like a spirited contest.

But, in classic Hawthorn style, they more or less didn't turn up after half-time, and were thumped to the tune of 74 points.

Final scores:

Bomberblitz 16.17.113
HawksHQ 6.3.39

(apologies to my mate Rusty Brookes and others for the ********stirring ;) )

{If you care that little, why bother posting?}

Was a great game, that one.

It was 4.10 to 5.2 at halftime, but stung by a couple of iffy free kicks that resulted in Hawks goals in the second quarter, the Blitzers lived up to their name in the third, kicking nine goals to a solitary point for the Hawks.

nonchalance said:
Was a great game, that one.

It was 4.10 to 5.2 at halftime, but stung by a couple of iffy free kicks that resulted in Hawks goals in the second quarter, the Blitzers lived up to their name in the third, kicking nine goals to a solitary point for the Hawks.
HHQ going for priority picks?

I heard it was a bit of fun, and HHQ was hard hit by a horde late withdrawls (and a younger, fitter and more skilled opposition- but I didn't say that). For the Essendon boys who played if you have a look on HHQ you'll find a bunch of photos from the game posted there.

tiger of old said:
HHQ going for priority picks?
That's a heap better excuse than I came up with. I'll stick with it.

A really fun day topped off by one HHQer doing a Dermie and running through the Essendon huddle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pessimistic said:
You guys know the meaning of the term "Freindly" ?

They were lucky to get a hawthorn team, normally I stay a barge pole length away from bomber scum
Do you understand the term yourself? It was fun and the stuff on here was said in jest. I do notice of course that it is mostly not Hawks (except you) who are carrying on but other supporters. Are you all so used to trolling that you no longer understand friendly banter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn remain Essendon bitches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back