Hawthorn renamed - The Tassie Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah I heard it on 3AW the Tassie Hawks and they are getitng some Tassie symbol on the jumper. Not sure if it's only for the Tassie games or for every game. Hell is gona freeze over.

Jeff Kennett had better ask the members if they want a name change :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[BIF WE WON A GRAND FINAL IN THOSE YEARS WOULD THE CUP HAVE PRINTED ON IT ,,,TASSIE HAWKS ( or similar ) IT BETTER NOT .

OK , OK ALL YOU CYNICS , I DO SEE IT HARD US DOING THAT IN THAT TIME FRAME BUT YOU NEVER KNOW .
[/B]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tas Govt buys Hawks' naming rights

The Tasmanian Premier Paul Lennon says the Hawthorn Football Club will be known as the Tassie Hawks from next season.

The Tasmanian Government has announced a five-year deal to become the club's official naming rights sponsor.

The Mr Lennon says $3 million-a-year deal has bought Tasmania naming rights and blanket promotion at all Hawthorn home matches at the MCG.

As expected, four games a year will be played at York Park in Launceston with at least two against other Melbourne-based clubs.

Mr Lennon says the money will not come from tourism funding but cannot be more specific about the budgetary arrangements.

Hawthorn's vice-president Martin Ralston says the deal means the Tasmanian Government will be providing about a quarter of the club's revenue.

-ABC.net

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear said:

The Tasmanian Premier Paul Lennon says the Hawthorn Football Club will be known as the Tassie Hawks from next season.

The Tasmanian Government has announced a five-year deal to become the club's official naming rights sponsor.

The Mr Lennon says $3 million-a-year deal has bought Tasmania naming rights and blanket promotion at all Hawthorn home matches at the MCG.

As expected, four games a year will be played at York Park in Launceston with at least two against other Melbourne-based clubs.

Mr Lennon says the money will not come from tourism funding but cannot be more specific about the budgetary arrangements.

Hawthorn's vice-president Martin Ralston says the deal means the Tasmanian Government will be providing about a quarter of the club's revenue.

-ABC.net
for 4 games they own our club and are renaming it , what a joke , who gave them permission to BUY Hawthorn ???? :mad: :thumbsdown:

Cynic said:
...I seriously think some people are actually falling for this '-_-
So this is bul**** is it?

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1730690.htm

-ABC.net

earthquake said:
for 4 games they own our club and are renaming it , what a joke , who gave them permission to BUY Hawthorn ???? :mad: :thumbsdown:

yeah - Hawks didn't need to do this - they have been travelling nicely since 96'. I mean "Tassie' is worse than "Western"

turtle27 said:
What is the general feeling about this amongst Hawks fans?

I hate it.

Some Hawks fans earlier before the announcement thought it was a good idea though, I'd like to know what they think now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back