Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure whether this thread was intended as a troll or not.

Last year Hawthorn's percentage dropped 10% and they lost 8 games by more than 50 points last year. This year they will be trying to turn that around and hopefully avoid the spoon. Finals are still a few years away.

Hawks supporters lined up to tell everyone their “top up” plan was a winner ❌
Because Clarko ❌
Because destination club ❌
Because hawthorn ❌
When they had to concede it had failed, they lined up again to tell everyone that a few years drafting would see them back winning finals and flags ❌
Leaving off field matters aside, it’s been over 3000 days and counting now and the hawks are still anchored in the bottom 4 !!
Whilst many hawks supporters have known nothing but success, the brutal reality of this rebuild must surely be hitting home these days.
Maybe it’ll make for a more rounded supporter base going forward.
Good luck … you’ll need it …

You must have been hurt by Hawthorn supporters on Bigfooty during our era of success. I wasn't on here, but the ones who used the majority of the buzz phrases you just listed are blind faith supporters, and they exist for every club.

I will tell you one unequivocal fact that unfortunately you won't be able to relate to however...

A '3000 day' drought is pretty tolerable when a 3 peat of premierships precedes it.

Genuinely loving every second of watching our rebuild take shape, as are most reasonable Hawthorn supporters.

Last year Hawthorn's percentage dropped 10% and they lost 8 games by more than 50 points last year. This year they will be trying to turn that around and hopefully avoid the spoon. Finals are still a few years away.
AVOID THE SPOON 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thats North job

From round 8...

6 wins
9 losses
19% increase on percentage.

Improvement isn't always linear, but this is why some optimism is being shared.

You are genuinely clueless

Aside from Larkey, noone gets a game in any other sides forward line

Lewis, Bruest, Ginnivan, Moore, Chol (Who north Were Chasing), Gunston

Your second forward is an overweight undersized chef who will leave this season

A VFL forward line would dominate your backline - TOBY PINK!!!!!!

hahahaha. Talk about clueless. That forward line is genuinely laughable.

Ginnivan stinks. Chol has had one good season and Gunston is completely done.

You're relying on a 33 year old to kick your goals again.

How can you judge Pink without him playing a game for the club? He could be anything. At least we didnt torch pick 6 on him like you guys did with DGB.

Hawks supporters lined up to tell everyone their “top up” plan was a winner ❌
Because Clarko ❌
Because destination club ❌
Because hawthorn ❌
When they had to concede it had failed, they lined up again to tell everyone that a few years drafting would see them back winning finals and flags ❌
Leaving off field matters aside, it’s been over 3000 days and counting now and the hawks are still anchored in the bottom 4 !!
Whilst many hawks supporters have known nothing but success, the brutal reality of this rebuild must surely be hitting home these days.
Maybe it’ll make for a more rounded supporter base going forward.
Good luck … you’ll need it …
I think Mr Bull is getting a bit nervous after none of his doomsday predictions from 2023 came true

How can you judge Pink without him playing a game for the club? He could be anything. At least we didnt torch pick 6 on him like you guys did with DGB.
Laughable would be North for the last decade

You have no leg to stand on criticizing any club, perennial victims

Ginnivan kicked 40 goals in a season, name a small forward 21 and under that has done that for North recently?

He would be your second best forward

We arn't, and thats just being selectively deluded

Because there's a reason he's been in the SANFL

Nah, you did it worse, you just torched pick 3 on Will Phillips 🤣🤣

From round 8...

6 wins
9 losses
19% increase on percentage.

Improvement isn't always linear, but this is why some optimism is being shared.
That is a rather selective way of looking at it, but if it were my team I'd probably do the same. You've obviously cherrypicked that round to get the most optimistic result. It doesn't look so good if you chose round 1 or round 23.

That is a rather selective way of looking at it, but if it were my team I'd probably do the same. You've obviously cherrypicked that round to get the most optimistic result. It doesn't look so good if you chose round 1 or round 23.

Remember when North were undefeated with a % of 103 last year.

Unfortunately for Hawthorn the spoon will be decided by the whole home and away season and not a cherry picked section of games where they played their best football (still below average by competition standards).

Hawthorn aren't playing finals this year, this feels like a troll thread.

They are building nicely and should be up there in a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't selective when you consider that a young side took some time to gel and improved as the season progressed.

The second half of a season is a pretty decent length of time to consider a teams future chances.

It's why people believe Carlton are a genuine premiership contender.
Weren't they bottom 6 for almost 3 quarters of the season? Why aren't we judging them on that?

Lions won 6 games in 2018 to finishing 2nd at the end of the home and away season in 2019. There's no reason why Hawthorn can't make a giant leap up themselves. I'm not predicting they will but things change rapidly in footy, life and in sport.

I think Hawthorn can be a surprise team this season and I will predict they make the 8. Exciting times at Hawthorn.

Pink didn't even play a game for his previous club.

DGB is a young KPP. Still has time on his side albeit it's ticking.

I'd be more concerned burning pick 3 on a small slow low production mid with little hurt factor. To be fair to Phillips he has time on his side as well.

Gee that 2020 draft is looking like an all time stinker.

Yes, I noticed the lovely new sketches.
Unfortunately,10 years after the purchase of the old tip site, sketches are still all we have to show.
Also noticed the hawks are getting the tins out.
The dividends from the sale of the clubs poker machine ventures that were to largely fund the Kennedy “community” centre, as ironic as that is, have obviously fallen short.
Always happy to contribute to a good cause though … enjoy 🤣🤣

View attachment 1901657
English next time please RB.

Lions won 6 games in 2018 to finishing 2nd at the end of the home and away season in 2019. There's no reason why Hawthorn can't make a giant leap up themselves. I'm not predicting they will but things change rapidly in footy, life and in sport.

I think Hawthorn can be a surprise team this season and I will predict they make the 8. Exciting times at Hawthorn.

I mean sure there's no reason any bottom team can't do that.

but i dont see it with hawthorn. Their list is incredibly young, and they are weak across the spine. They are at best 3-4 years away from Finals IMO.

Remember when North were undefeated with a % of 103 last year.

Unfortunately for Hawthorn the spoon will be decided by the whole home and away season and not a cherry picked section of games where they played their best football (still below average by competition standards).
We all know that North are playing finals in 2024, as well

Zero chance for mine
The ladder from 5th to around 12th is tight
The recovery from the clarkson top up attempt has them a fee years away, if all the recruits kick on

Have a bit to find down back, up forward and in the ruck
Newc, day, moore, ward, mackenzie and nash all pretty young but look good. So like north they have a promising midfield but it has to develop still whilst they find the other pieces
Who do we need to find in the ruck? Reeves is progressing very well. Already a great tap ruck just needs to develop being dangerous around the ground. Meek is a solid backup than we have both Ramsden/Chol who will pinch hit. There's enough options. We literally changed the whole forward line in one off season too. Sure it's an unknown how they will help together next year but the nucleus is there especially in the small forwards brigade. Agree about the backline but we do have an array of 190-194 types on the list who can plug a hole this year at the very least. A few years away your hoping I rekon. 2025 we should be pushing the top 8 at a minimum that's the expectation internally.

Clinton was Potus and little Johnny scumbag Howard hadn't even begun to get his vile hooks into our nation. There was barely such a thing as the internet, and grunge was the biggest style of music on the planet....
Not a fan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back