Hawthorn tradebait...

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
What would you want for Loats??????:)

Who are you asking? No Hawthorn supporters have posted in this thread. :p
Maybe they're the only ones that realise how pointless all this make-believe trading and swapping really is.

Realistically, still youngish platers who are showing potential but not getting the breaks would be thew only ones to tmpt other clubs. I still like them but they might do better for themselves elsewhere.

eg A Cox, B Johnston, L McCabe.

Swap the lot for a low pick - perhaps they would add some bite at geelong ?

Hawthorn trade bait?

Anyone if the price was right, same for any other side in the league.

Those that no doubt will be looked at (imo) will be (in no order)

S. Greene
T.Clarke
A.Cox
D.Loats
D.Harford
D.Elstone
M.Williams
B.Johnson
L.McCabe
N.Stone
K.Hunter

Of that lot probably four/five would be delisted sooner than getting anything 'back' in a trade.

Other names Ive seen bandied about in speculation (Lonie, Brown,Bateman, Dixon etc) could demand something reasonable in return (not outlandish) but I would be confident they would all be retained to off-set what I expect will be a bit of a clear out *see named list* at seasons end.

Decent players in the Hay, Thompson, Rawlings (hmm 3 KP footballers) be prepared to pay above the odds simply because thats what KP players seem to be worth. Wouldnt let any of them go without it being quite heavily in Hawthorns favour.

So basically, we have sod all to offer if thats the case! I reckon we should just make some heavy pruning, go to the draft and elevate a couple (well one at least, Sewell) of rookies.

Btw whoever said 3rd round for Loats? Nah.. sorry.. have him for fourth round instead, id hate to rob you like that, feel guilty if I did (feeling guilty on a fourth round too)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus, you don't give up much Gren.

S. Greene - Not needed
T.Clarke - D Clarke
A.Cox - Not needed
D.Loats - Not needed
D.Harford - 3rd round pick
D.Elstone - Not wanted
M.Williams - 4th round pick
B.Johnson - Not needed
L.McCabe - 4th round pick
N.Stone - Not needed
K.Hunter - Not wanted

Originally posted by Grendel
S. Greene
T.Clarke
A.Cox
D.Loats
D.Harford
D.Elstone
M.Williams
B.Johnson
L.McCabe
N.Stone
K.Hunter
That's your delist list apart from Cox maybe.

Green has looked alright at times but I haven't seen much of him. don't think Collingwood need him. I don't think Collingwood need Reis either for the type of player he is but he looks like he'll be very good. Any chance of a deal there?

Originally posted by Grendel
S. Greene
T.Clarke
A.Cox
D.Loats
D.Harford
D.Elstone
M.Williams
B.Johnson
L.McCabe
N.Stone
K.Hunter

Not much there to get excited about for the Roos.

However, I could see Pagan at Carlton casting his eye over Greene, Harford, and McCabe as potential player renovation jobs.

Other names Ive seen bandied about in speculation (Lonie, Brown,Bateman, Dixon etc) could demand something reasonable in return (not outlandish) but I would be confident they would all be retained to off-set what I expect will be a bit of a clear out *see named list* at seasons end.

I'd be interested in taking on Dixon.

A straight swap - Dixon for Morrell?

I reckon Dixon has more natural ability, but Morrell has a better attitude.

Decent players in the Hay, Thompson, Rawlings (hmm 3 KP footballers) be prepared to pay above the odds simply because thats what KP players seem to be worth. Wouldnt let any of them go without it being quite heavily in Hawthorns favour.

I wouldn't take on Hay or Thompson - the former due to the risk of him returning to WA, the latter due to a few injuries. I don't think we could afford Rawlings.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Jesus, you don't give up much Gren.

S. Greene - Not needed
T.Clarke - D Clarke
A.Cox - Not needed
D.Loats - Not needed
D.Harford - 3rd round pick
D.Elstone - Not wanted
M.Williams - 4th round pick
B.Johnson - Not needed
L.McCabe - 4th round pick
N.Stone - Not needed
K.Hunter - Not wanted

You would take Harford for a 3rd rd pick but wouldnt take Jhonson??? the 2 guys are almost identical the way the play but Jhonson who is 7 odd years younger and played more senior games this year yet you still prefer Harford, gee i hope you are on Geelongs board you would do Hawthorn are great favour offering a 3rd round pick for Harford.

Dont want Cox but will take Mccabe??? Comedy at its best, anytime you wanna deal with Hawthorn PhatandPhreaky im sure we will be more than happy to do business with you.

The only way we would ever get rid of Lonie is for a gun small forward eg Didak and maybe give up our 2rd pick and Lonie for a Nathan Brown other than that i think ill be happy to keep him at the club.

cheers

Originally posted by Shinboners
By the way Grendel, which players from Box Hill should us North Melbourne fans be keeping an eye out for?

I'm still peeved about Firrito, and even more so about Baird!!! :mad:

How's Alleway going btw???

As far as new talent goes there's a few good prospects, (Kenna, et al) apparently Hawthorn are considering 'Disco' Doug Scott son of Don. (21 or 22 yr old mammoth of a man) :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn tradebait...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back