Preview Hawthorn v Melbourne - MCG, 9 August 2014, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful, according to another thread this melbourne team would demolish the 1989 hawks. In fact on even said they would beat west coast 2006.

Couldnt get an opinion on box hill, who imo could beat melbourne with a bit of luck

Since everyone else is having their say on players being rested I may as well drop my opinion. If a player is fit he plays regardless of how many games he has played this year. If there is solid advice from the medical team that supports a player being rested, then rest the player. For us to suggest players to rest is ludacris. Who amongst us is really in a position to know which players will benefit from a rest. This I hope is the model the club works on and makes is decisions based on player welfare only and not the opponent we are playing.

Let's face it, most of our senior players have had a rest (or two) due to injury and/or, ahem, suspension already. As we still have a few out due to said injuries and suspensions I don't think there will be any pure resting going on this week. There may be a player with a niggle we don't know about though.

Let's face it, most of our senior players have had a rest (or two) due to injury and/or, ahem, suspension already. As we still have a few out due to said injuries and suspensions I don't think there will be any pure resting going on this week. There may be a player with a niggle we don't know about though.
The whole team had a week off 2 games ago. Not sure I understand all the calls to rest players, surely this time of year a player is looking for consistency and match fitness not having a week off every 3rd week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to see Hartung back in the side. Will give us plenty of run along with Hill and Smith.

Suprised Litherland and Woodward got dropped. Thought Woodward showed a bit during the second half of last week.

Some good Ins for the game, shame to see Liquors dropped (hopefully he is just being rested and will be back in no time). Looking forward to seeing Hartung run around again.

Good in's to have. Maybe just giving Billy a chance to show us what he's made of and thus if he will play finals?
Surprised liquor is dropped! Especially after signing a contract extension lol. Mitch and Smithy were expected as was Gunners coming out with that knee.

Interesting that he dropped an inside mid and brought 2 outside mids in + Mitch who is more of a bank flank these days.
I reckon Schoey will take over Gunners' role

Good in's to have. Maybe just giving Billy a chance to show us what he's made of and thus if he will play finals?
Surprised liquor is dropped! Especially after signing a contract extension lol. Mitch and Smithy were expected as was Gunners coming out with that knee.

Interesting that he dropped an inside mid and brought 2 outside mids in + Mitch who is more of a bank flank these days.
I reckon Schoey will take over Gunners' role
It is interesting. Sydney game was inside grunt team; Bulldogs was tall timber team; Melbourne is run like crazy version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back