Preview Hawthorn v Melbourne - MCG, 9 August 2014, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Obrien time this week. Grimly also

Ah, no and no. There is bloke called Ryan Shoenmakers apparently that will slot straight in. It's apparent that although most people on this board I assume watch the Hawks games they don't really watch the games in terms of players roles and structures. Anyone want to guess how many different players rotate to the center bounces during a game and/or noticed that Breust has also been on that roster for the past 2-3 weeks?

No Gunner

Geez we should be ok this week, but after that it will make it harder.

We've had shocking luck with injuries this year. Lake, Gibbo, Stratts, McEvoy, Rioli, Sewell, Mitchell, Smith, Hill, Shiels, Gunston, Birchall, Hartung, Anderson...

Geez we should be ok this week, but after that it will make it harder.

We've had shocking luck with injuries this year. Lake, Gibbo, Stratts, McEvoy, Rioli, Sewell, Mitchell, Smith, Hill, Shiels, Gunston, Birchall, Hartung, Anderson...

All adds to what could be the most epic back to back ever.

Actually thought it was a major factor in his kicking accuracy dipping - went from playing mainly forward to being full time in the rotation and resting forward. Whenever he kicked for goal he was absolutely flogged. Thankfully tank has improved and he's back to where he was.

We'll have to - percentage is going to be so important this year. We also need to beat one of Geelong or Freo, if not both. Losing 2 means we'll travel week 1 of the Finals.

I feel a 100+ point belting coming along. This is our last clear opportunity to build some meaningful percentage and the club will know it.

And before the smart asses chime in; it will be our boys doing the belting :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring in Shem!

I think Willsmore is in better form than TOB/Sicily. Don't see him getting a gig though. I think Ceglar will come in for Melbourne.

Against Fremantle we'll bring Lake in and throw Spangher forward until Gunston comes back.

Apparently is as fit as he has been this year, also desperate to get out there and make amends for his brain fade against North Melbourne.

Sounds great, but talk is cheap.

His attitude at the end of 2012/13 was incredible. What Lake was doing to get himself up for the season. I am just hoping he can find that inner drive to finish off the last 8 weeks of the season in awesome fashion.

We statistically only have the 7th best defense this year with 1444 points against. Brian missing a lot of the season has a lot to do with this.

No Gunners..... :cry:

Can't see any of TOB, Grimley, Lowden or Sicily coming in, none of them are in great form right now. Probably the ones who played best last week were Cheney, Ceglar and Hartung.

We will be getting Mitchell and Smith back so it's possible no one else will come in for Gunston per se (and someone else will have to go out obviously, maybe Woodward or Simpkin). Do we need to go tall or small against the Dees?

Last edited:
We statistically only have the 7th best defense this year with 1444 points against. Brian missing a lot of the season has a lot to do with this.

If Lake and Gibson were playing all year I don't think it would have made that much of difference. Nearly every other team has gone defensive this season while we still try and open the game up. We have scored 208 more points than the 2nd best in Port, every other team is averaging less than 100

I have done both medial knee strains and medial ankle strains, the knee is a much better result, they come to hand reasonably quickly and he could very well play against Freo but i'd say Geelong is the likely result.

Ankles can linger and drag on, a low grade knee strain is pretty straight forward.
Would rather ho didn't fly to Perth. Wait for the pussies.

No Gunners..... :cry:

Can't see any of TOB, Grimley, Lowden or Sicily coming in, none of them are in great form right now. Probably the ones who played best last week were Cheney, Ceglar and Hartung.

We will be getting Mitchell and Smith back so it's possible no one else will come in for Gunston per se (and someone else will have to go out obviously, maybe Woodward or Simpkin). Do we need to go tall or small against the Dees?
This is a big week for Schoey. All that training with the forwards and Gunner is out. Saints were rubbish but he did kick 5.

I reckon no more talls. Play similar team to one against Sydney except Spang in for Schoey and Schoey in for Gunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back