Preview Hawthorn v Melbourne - MCG, 9 August 2014, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey - don't shoot me down in flames - it is after midnight - but could Cheney be a smokey for up forward? He does have a pretty clean set of hands and his presence up there might just confuse the Demon backs for a while. :)

hey - don't shoot me down in flames - it is after midnight - but could Cheney be a smokey for up forward? He does have a pretty clean set of hands and his presence up there might just confuse the Demon backs for a while. :)
Just had a Vietnam style flashback to that time last year where he hit the post from a set shot dead in front from the top of the goal square.

The Boxhill backline is as close to the Hawthorn forward line as I'm comfortable him being.

Geez we should be ok this week, but after that it will make it harder.

We've had shocking luck with injuries this year. Lake, Gibbo, Stratts, McEvoy, Rioli, Sewell, Mitchell, Smith, Hill, Shiels, Gunston, Birchall, Hartung, Anderson...

Glass half full... in a long year, many players have had (enforced) breaks but should therefore be fresher for finals than they usually would be. Also, we still have a full list to choose from come finals time (aside from season enders). But most important of all, we've learned that the Emperor himself is personally overseeing the final stages of the construction of this Death Star. Oh wait, think I've gone off on a tangent.

Anyhow, we're still in a position to break September apart and shatter it into little pieces. Go Hawks!!

The 'blessed' thing with our injuries is that they've happened to players that have all had full pre seasons, so they are still fit it's just a matter of being healthy, so it does provide a bit of a forced freshen up, although not ideal you can't do much about it

Anyhoo, should win comfortably.
In. Hartung, Smith
Out. Gunstall, Somebody unlucky maybe Joffa

Get Schoey to play as a CHF. Hartung super sub, win by 10 goals. 11 goals to 1 as Roos puts on super flood bringing in 05 $wans premiership players to make sure it's done properly

The 'blessed' thing with our injuries is that they've happened to players that have all had full pre seasons, so they are still fit it's just a matter of being healthy, so it does provide a bit of a forced freshen up, although not ideal you can't do much about it

Anyhoo, should win comfortably.
In. Hartung, Smith
Out. Gunstall, Somebody unlucky maybe Joffa

Get Schoey to play as a CHF. Hartung super sub, win by 10 goals. 11 goals to 1 as Roos puts on super flood bringing in 05 $wans premiership players to make sure it's done properly

You don't want to bring Mitchell back in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring in Smithy and Mitch, drop Gunners and Dureya (stiff) and let Woody get another crack at it.

Put Mitch at full forward, his creativity up there would be fantastic.

I doubt Duryea will be dropped with Stratton's average form, Gibbo still finding his feet and with Shoey playing forward. Mitchell will replace Woodward who may be named as sub. Smith still doubtful and won't be risked if not 110% so there could by another change with Hartung returning.

Have petrol... will pour it on you and light.

photo.jpg
upload_2014-8-6_14-53-2.jpeg

Here's a horse. Here's a course.

Outside run needed? Hartung.
Inside extraction needed? Woodward.
Combo of both needed? Langers.
Experience in big games needed? Sewell.
Immediate impact as sub needed? Simpkin.

Coaches will look at the opposition's strengths and weaknesses and name the team appropriately.

Here's a horse. Here's a course.

Outside run needed? Hartung.
Inside extraction needed? Woodward.
Combo of both needed? Langers.
Experience in big games needed? Sewell.
Immediate impact as sub needed? Simpkin.

Coaches will look at the opposition's strengths and weaknesses and name the team appropriately.

Also there's:
Fly the Flag & make a statement? Luke Hodge
Fill in any position, win the game? Shaun Burgoyne
Cause great excitement in everyone's pants? Cyril Rioli

;)

I'm guessing this may have great quotation appeal in a couple of year's time.

it doesnt matter seeing as 1 will get the chance to prove it and the other wont, so whats the point, but just interested if you will get on your knees when i'm right? seeing as you can smack talk, but when you're wrong just scutter back to your rats nest.........

also dont get me wrong, both Grimley and O'Brien playing for HFC make me worried for our future, Grimley can mark and play well in spells, but does get lost, O'Brien is just permanently lost, but when the ball falls his way he can take a mark and kick a goal........

Last edited:
Cegs apparently had a great game at Box Hill.
I wonder if he and Hale will swap again?

I'd be pretty keen to see us play both Hale & Lowden against the Demons & rest McEvoy & Cegs for the trip over to Perth....Were going to need them both fit, rested & at the peak of their powers against Saandilands over there!....Hope the coaches are thinking the same way!

We must think ahead here for the upcoming 2 games without taking too much quality out of the side....Lowden & Hale can get the job done here without too much of a down side for mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back