Game Day Hawthorn v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In San Fransisco at the moment, getting up at 2.30am to cheer the boys on , feel like it is is a must win for the players and must watch for the supporters tonight , go Hawks!!
Yep, its a must win for anyone Hawthorn but mainly Roughie/players/club. Imagine how much better everyone will
be feeling if we win and thats important atm.

My expectations are low tonight. If we can at least get close given all that's happened this week it will be a good result. If we can get the win then this team will very likely go on to get that 4th flag.

Apparently the players will be wearing black arm bands tonight - but before anyone gets melodramatic about it, it is because Adam Yze's mother-in-law has passed away.

I'm not sure this needed to be pointed out considering black armbands are traditionally worn for someone passing away.

Then again we live in a world where signs like this are required:

850a2be3d6f8093b03a9b989f20efab6.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the players will be wearing black arm bands tonight - but before anyone gets melodramatic about it, it is because Adam Yze's mother-in-law has passed away.
Let the channel 7 commentary team know. Seems like the type of thing they'd make assumptions about and repeat ad nauseum.

Has anyone suggested Hawks by 3 or 46?

All down to the midfield battle. We can easily get through their backline and can hold our own in defence on the proviso that the supply into the 50s are similar.

I expect we'll get beaten soundly tonight because of the emotional toll this week has taken.

But I will be cheering the boys off at the end regardless of the result. We have been so privileged to watch this team in recent years (and decades for that matter), and Roughy's situation puts into perspective how much a part of each of our lives this team has is and how much this really is the Family Club. I have never met Rough but I couldn't sleep at all on Tuesday night.

Midfield the key. Both teams have strengths in the forward line that could cause the other problems - their talls, our smalls.

Might all depend on whether Tippett has one of his 3 good games for the year, but I'm tipping Hawks by two or three goals.

This is going to be very difficult to win tonight, the swans are significantly better than last week with their inclusions, including Kennedy who was rested last week not injured. Their defenders have been put under the microscope over their form last week, Sicily and Obrien are going to have to toughen up fast tonight. We still haven't been in very good form yet this year , whereas the swans , apart from last weeks slip up have been in good Nic , Franklin in top form and facing hawthorn with no Lake could cause big trouble for us especially if we keep losing contested ball, stoppages and centre clearances. Whatever happens tonight we will be better towards the end of the year with Hodge back and a season into the young guys.

At this time of the year its hard to know exactly which Hawthorn will turn up. We never seem to hit our groove until a bit later than this.

Hopeful for a good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back