Game Day Hawthorn v Sydney Swans, MCG, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's certainly been a long wait for this one. I'll be giving my best rants to judas and hope nothing goes right for him tonight. No excuses tonight. Have a good feeling and $wans about due for a loss. Should be close one. Hawks by 11 points.

Geez that new $wans chairman, Pridham, is a w***er. He's sooking about the other presidents ganging up on his poor, hard done by team. Says the only reason is...

“It’s a very targeted attack,” he said. “And it’s because we’re performing well currently. It’s for no other reason."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/swans-chairman-blasts-attack-on-club-20140725-zx0do.html
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/andrew...n-in-defence-of-the-swans-20140725-zwyk7.html
No mate, that's not the reason. The reason is because you've been gifted advantages over the other hard working teams in the comp - salary cap, ambassador payments, a compromised draw. Teams that have done it hard for decades have propped up your diamante primadonna "blood culture" mercenaries for years. That's what the other teams are sick and tired of - plus your cynical exploitation and your moaning when you're called to account.

Your voice seems a bit croaky..... sure you are feeling ok? ;-)
Come to think of it I may be coming down with Hawthornitis, cureable only by the fresh air of the MCG :D

Is there anyone who hasn't been affected by the bad timing of weddings? There are so many thoughtless people around :mad: I had two cousins (from the same family) that decided to get married during the 1984 finals series. Not on GF day but two of the other finals' weeks (in retrospect it would have been better if one of them had been on GF day :( ).

Looking forward to tonight's game. Hope there are no late outs. Simpkin for sub. Hawks by 5 goals.

GO HAWKS!!!

(don't think I've said anything I'll regret...)

I'll have you know I am planning my 50th for the 4/10 despite the anniversary of my birth being closer to the 27/9. It only takes a little consideration for others when planning.

PS: I will not be held accountable for any GF draw, that is beyond planning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney really give me the sheets.

Oh man, their board is something else. The most uneducated wanks in this world! Read some drivel about how they don't consider MCG our home ground and generally at Melbourne games they outnumber opposition supporters so it never feels like they are away from home. I restrained myself and boy was it tough.

This game could possibly draw the highest crowd the Hawks have had versus an interstate team in Melbourne during the home & away season ever.

It's been long and slow build up to this game, but I have been looking forward to this all week.

We really need to get off to a good start here and put some scoreboard pressure on the Swans nice and early. Our five losses this year we have trailed at quarter time in each of those games. We need to bring our A-game right from the opening bounce. If we start off like we did in Round 8, we'll lose. If we play at our best we will win.

Last edited:
What is with the ticketing for this game?

Wants to be 85000 there tonight for me not to be able to get in with my membership!!

I'll be sooooo pi$$ed if not. Living as far away as I do I can only get to a few games. Finally I can get to one and I have to pay $30 WTF AFL!!!

Oh man, their board is something else. The most uneducated wanks in this world! Read some drivel about how they don't consider MCG our home ground and generally at Melbourne games they outnumber opposition supporters so it never feels like they are away from home. I restrained myself and boy was it tough.
Really??
But they often claim that the G on grand final day is an unfair advantage. Enough to warrant their %9.8 even.

Game Day. Woot!

Geez that new $wans chairman, Pridham, is a ******. He's sooking about the other presidents ganging up on his poor, hard done by team. Says the only reason is...

“It’s a very targeted attack,” he said. “And it’s because we’re performing well currently. It’s for no other reason."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/swans-chairman-blasts-attack-on-club-20140725-zx0do.html
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/andrew...n-in-defence-of-the-swans-20140725-zwyk7.html
No mate, that's not the reason. The reason is because you've been gifted advantages over the other hard working teams in the comp - salary cap, ambassador payments, a compromised draw. Teams that have done it hard for decades have propped up your diamante primadonna "blood culture" mercenaries for years. That's what the other teams are sick and tired of - plus your cynical exploitation and your moaning when you're called to account.

Worth quoting in full.

Tradition?

Pink Ferraris? Now crashed Jeeps.

Fat, overpaid full-forwards who snipe smaller players? Still getting away with it.

Players recruited in dubious circumstances? Almost every year.

I expect my seething rage about these mollycoddled, undeserving flog campaigners channeled through tackling pressure and sheer intensity tonight. I want to see some Bloods spilled tonight.

Go you Hawkers.

Anyone who has been to watch the period stains in Sydney will know what a load of uneducated w***ers they are. I can't convey how badly I want to crush these pricks tonight.
If you want a chuckle go onto their board, absolutely hilarious. The're the ultimate stooges!

This game could possibly draw the highest crowd the Hawks have had versus an interstate team in Melbourne during the home & away season ever.

It's been long and slow build up to this game, but I have been looking forward to this all week.

We really need to get off to a good start here and put some scoreboard pressure on the Swans nice and early. Our five losses this year we have trailed at quarter time in each of those games. We need to bring our A-game right from the opening bounce. If we start off like we did in Round 8, we'll lose. I'm confident we can get the four points tonight if we play at our best.

There's been some outrageous figures thrown around this morning on the radio saying the crowd could get to 80k.. Me thinks 70k

I'm sitting this one out too as my wife is waiting to go into labour any minute now, I have a ticket and she said I could go but I think it was actually a test :p

The sacrifices we make!

I have a good feeling though, gonna be a few surprised punters by night's end.

Go the mighty Hawks!

Anyone who has been to watch the period stains in Sydney will know what a load of uneducated ******s they are. I can't convey how badly I want to crush these pricks tonight.
If you want a chuckle go onto their board, absolutely hilarious. The're the ultimate stooges!

Yes yes yes.. Going to one of their games is like being at a circus show, they have their mascots and pre game entertainment, fireworks and music and all sorts of games! They have an MC who tries to create some sort of NBA basketball style in game announcements! It's very strange, it's like they need to ensure the Sydney crowd is constantly propped up throughout just to keep them interested to come back again. Weird weird supporter group.

I reckon 60-70,000 is what we will likely draw. I don't think we will get 80,000.

I really think the Buddy return home factor will bring all mcc members out and the neutrals, plus the plastics who converted from souths to AFL $wans will be there to see Bud. A lot of neutrals will attend, don't underestimate Buddy's drawing power. 70-75k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back