mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
Match day folks! If this game were anywhere but Tassie at 11.45am Perth time, it would likely be a Freo win. The fixture gives the Hawks the opportunity to get themselves back in the hunt for 8. A win for Freo consolidates top 4.

Both teams are only two players short of their best possible line up, so it should be a cracking game.

Good luck to all in the 10C weather.

If it were being played anywhere else I'd lock it in as an easy 5 goal win. Tassie changes a lot. Had us losing this game in my ladder predictor.

This a game we simply must win and by a considerable margin if we are to be considered a contender and justify where we sit on the ladder. This should be a 25+ point win if we are indeed a contender. Anything less and we are just making up the numbers . We loose the game and the criticism comes out again and so it should.

This is the sort of game where the Freo PTSD really kicks in. We should win, we are the better team. But it's Tassie, and the media has been pumping us up. Please let this be the moment we finally break through and handle the expectations.

Freo by 15 for me, but wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Second best defence in the league against a hobbled forward line. We won last time we played them in Tassie. We travel fairly well, having won 4 from 7. It will be cold with no rain and little wind. Treacy will get some attention so Jye will kick four. Tipping Freo by five goals.

I have no confidence because it's in Tassie, but the team has shown a lot of maturity across the majority of the season, bar the two anomalies.

If we win this one we can really build to something this year.
If we give it up it'll probably mean next year is the earliest we can do some actual damage in the finals.

Pies losing last night also gives Hawks added incentive to get back in the finals hunt. I'm absolutely petrified for this game

This a game we simply must win and by a considerable margin if we are to be considered a contender and justify where we sit on the ladder. This should be a 25+ point win if we are indeed a contender. Anything less and we are just making up the numbers . We loose the game and the criticism comes out again and so it should.
Honestly, given that it is in Tassie, I really don't think it matters how many points we win by, we simply just have to bank the 4 points, even if it's by a small margin..

This is the sort of game where the Freo PTSD really kicks in. We should win, we are the better team. But it's Tassie, and the media has been pumping us up. Please let this be the moment we finally break through and handle the expectations.

Freo by 15 for me, but wouldn't be surprised by anything.

I align with this completely, Freo PTSD kicking in.

But we should win - better side, better coach and we haven't been afraid of away games at all this year (even at weird venues).

Only structural worry is defence - no Pearce, an underdone Cox, sore Draper and a Walker non-selection has unnerved me somewhat. If Hawks get the jump on us it'll be hard to maintain a strong defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon this is the hardest game left in our home and away fixture. Would honestly be more confident of beating Essendon or GWS away than Hawthorn in Tasmania.

I'm hoping last week's loss for the Hawks has taken some wind out of their sails and dented their confidence.

I reckon this is the hardest game left in our home and away fixture. Would honestly be more confident of beating Essendon or GWS away than Hawthorn in Tasmania.

I'm hoping last week's loss for the Hawks has taken some wind out of their sails and dented their confidence.
I'm pretty comfortable we have the team and the levers to beat virtually anyone in anyplace on our own terms.

I really don't know what to expect... So I'm going to approach this game with the same neutral energy I have the last few weeks and hopefully come out again with a sense of pleasant giddiness.

Oh, and Jye to kick four, of course.

Yep. Terrified. No idea. Hawks are decent. We “should” be better.
I'm nowhere near ready to be confident about these sort of games. The last away game I was "quietly confident" about was the Bulldogs, I was very confident heading into the Derby. Too much Freo history to think we'll win this.

Hawks, last week aside, have been in very good form and are decent team on the rise. I think they win this sadly.

I am not confident at all and won't be for the rest of the season now we have something on the line. I was enjoying football more when we had no expectations on us, except when we have won and the elation is better.

Hayden Young was talking about not taking the Hawks lightly on the radio this week so I hope they hit the game hard.

Banfield to kick four by half time. Treacy to kick seven and be the highest season goal kicker for Freo in over ten years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back