Game Day Hawthorn vs. Fremantle Round 18 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've proved our worth in Sydney a few weeks ago. Let's back it up. Tough game, I hope we don't show any complacency and go in hard. There is absolutely no reason why we can't win this.

Nah if we don't win this we are pretenders just like Essendon. No excuses just get it done.

I don't understand the fear around this game. They have some coming back from injury and lost one to injury. We should be all over this game. I expect them to play defensively and we will have to figure out how to work through that.

Amiss to kick 5. Treacy 4. Sturt 3.

40 point win and some still will be disappointed we didn't win by 60.

LFG!!!

Expect the Hawks to throw some things at us tactically to cause us headaches.

Feel like it is one of those games where whoever wants it more for longer will come out on top.

Midfield battle is crucial, especially with Darcy out.

Interested to see how Voss goes against their third best tall defender, and how the synergy looks like with him in. Expect him to get 3-4 good opportunities.

We need to win for top 4 hopes.
Hawks season on the line for finals hopes.

I've seen us lose these must win games plenty of times throughout my life.

Think people are hugely discrediting Hawks form over the last two months.

I'm not confident. Very nervous actually

Hawks by 15

Just arrived at the ground. Beautiful day. Hardly a cloud in the sky. A zephyr of a breeze from the south. Reckon this game is about the coaches. Mitchell is very smart and Jlo will need to be ready for something left field. I'm expecting a tag on Young. Very nervous for the outcome but looking forwards to a great game. Fyfe 3 votes in a losing side back in 2019. Would love the same individual performance with a different team outcome.

Last time Hawthorn beat us was 5 years ago to the day, July 13th 2019, right here in Tassie. If we win today it’ll be 7 wins in a row against them.

Good or bad omen?

Voss is the danger man in this game. They will have a tough time covering the 3 talls, particularly with Jackson working Meek over around the ground. Avoid repeat stoppages, use the width of the ground, make them chase, take advantage of the mismatches and win the contested ball. Freo by 45

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Sicily and I'd be pretty confident. Their defence fell in a heap last week without him.

We need to not bomb everything to him and take advantage of their weakened forward line.

This a game we simply must win and by a considerable margin if we are to be considered a contender and justify where we sit on the ladder. This should be a 25+ point win if we are indeed a contender. Anything less and we are just making up the numbers . We loose the game and the criticism comes out again and so it should.
Hawks are hard to beat. A one point win will be sufficient

I don't understand the fear around this game. They have some coming back from injury and lost one to injury. We should be all over this game. I expect them to play defensively and we will have to figure out how to work through that.

Amiss to kick 5. Treacy 4. Sturt 3.

40 point win and some still will be disappointed we didn't win by 60.

LFG!!!
Happy Good Vibes GIF by ZEPETO

Stevic has been sent to Tassie.
Going on Freo's history, I would suggest that is to help Hawks across the line to reduce the chance of an end of season Sydney & Freo top of the ladder. (Hope I'm wrong.)

No Sicily and I'd be pretty confident. Their defence fell in a heap last week without him.

We need to not bomb everything to him and take advantage of their weakened forward line.
We have four marking options, if Sicily is intercepting then we're doing something wrong. Our forwards will be trying to make him accountable. A fast start will give us that. A fast start for them and he can start to take liberties. First quarter is crucial.

given this is the only game i’ll be attending in person this year (besides our inevitable grand final appearance) i am unreasonably confident
I expect to hear you through the TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back