Game Day Hawthorn vs. Fremantle Round 18 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to find the best way to utilise Jackson.

He's obviously a freak with unreal talent, and will always have a job to do in the ruck as a backup. Been missing as a forward though, and just gets dominated (excluding around the ground) as a main ruck.

I wonder what he'd be like on the wing ...
Nightmare matchup, but could also be exploited the other way. Pure strength is probably contest but I'm not convinced he'd cut it as an inside mid ... Hard to see him being a better option in there than a Brodie type?

Anyone who says we don't need Darcy just needs to watch this. Jackson is not the answer at ruck full time.
You're giving Jackson an scapegoat. He's been extremely average for over a month even when Darcy is playing. Treacy needs to give him some lessons on contested marking.

We seem to be going to sleep in 2nd quarters..hopefully we wake up after half time

Gave them few soft goals, and beaten in the stoppages and clearances

That non htb on Sicily changed the game. They went straight down the other end and scored then went on a run. If that is paid and we kick the goal then I think we would be up by 3 or 4 goals and comfortable.

You're giving Jackson an scapegoat. He's been extremely average for over a month even when Darcy is playing. Treacy needs to give him some lessons on contested marking.
Even when Jackson does mark it's always a double grabber. Never gets it in the one grab and it ****s us over so much.

I think we are handballing too much in the middle, get it in long and quick - Treacy and Amiss have had good hands, and Voss is capable of clunking them.

Very tough game, the guys who like to take a moment and pick a target have been getting pinged htb.

Fyfe has been good inside, our second and third hand passes are getting picked off.
It’s a very high handball ratio game. We have scored more when we lowered the ratio a few games back.

Need to find the best way to utilise Jackson.

He's obviously a freak with unreal talent, and will always have a job to do in the ruck as a backup. Been missing as a forward though, and just gets dominated (excluding around the ground) as a main ruck.

I wonder what he'd be like on the wing ...
Nightmare matchup, but could also be exploited the other way. Pure strength is probably contest but I'm not convinced he'd cut it as an inside mid ... Hard to see him being a better option in there than a Brodie type?
Obviously a freak? Lol why, because the media says so?

Need to avoid over handballing and get the damn thing inside 50 quicker out of stoppages. We have enough physicality in attack to make that work better.
Yeah I agree. We're handballing forwards into the corridor and the Hawks are waiting for it to turn it over and go the other way.

Jackson needs to hit his targets when handballing. He keeps missing and it's putting massive pressure on the next guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as soon as young and treacy got involved again we looked likely

won’t take much to get back on top here, back the boys in to get the clearance work sorted

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This game has nothing to do with expectation and drinking bathwater. It's entirely to do with the method we're moving the ball and the way Hawks have combatted it. No coincidence that whenever we bite the bullet and decide to kick out of a contested situation rather than handball that we get a chance at goal.

This type of comment is embarrassing. I am a day one supporter and I trust what the club is doing and what we are building.
Maybe a bit dramatic at half time with a goal or two in it. 😂

The method and the execution is just so frustrating at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back