Hawthorn's involvement in the drug saga?

Remove this Banner Ad

"It turns out that Essendon did nothing wrong and it's all a big misunderstanding. There is no reason for ASADA to continue their investigation. Also, have you heard that Hirdy is a good bloke? Because he is."

Why would you make an internal investigation into such a sensitive issue public unless you know the outcome will be positive for the club?

Because they know there is no positive outcome for the club.

Like the Crows "voluntarily" sitting out the first couple of rounds of last year's draft, the Scum will offer up some sacrificial lambs (or escape goats, if you prefer) in the hope of minimising the eventual sanctions.

Worked a treat for the Crows. Why wouldn't you try it?

Because they know there is no positive outcome for the club.

Like the Crows "voluntarily" sitting out the first couple of rounds of last year's draft, the Scum will offer up some sacrificial lambs (or escape goats, if you prefer) in the hope of minimising the eventual sanctions.

Worked a treat for the Crows. Why wouldn't you try it?

Ha ha, I like that - escape goats!

Its alot like the werds r loosing they're affect!

"It turns out that Essendon did nothing wrong and it's all a big misunderstanding. There is no reason for ASADA to continue their investigation. Also, have you heard that Hirdy is a good bloke? Because he is."

Why would you make an internal investigation into such a sensitive issue public unless you know the outcome will be positive for the club?
The review is to confirm what they need to confess to and what they can deny.

It is so bizzare this bit by bit leaking to the press. This whole affair is being so carefully stage managed its not even amusing anymore.

Found an invoice, lost a letter phhffffft what a load of bs

I can't believe that Essendon didn't take the out that Dank gave them for the Hexeralin

Why wouldn't Hird just say 'yeah, I along with other coaches took the drug but it never went near the players.'

Now you have an invoice for Hexeralin at the club with Hird denying he took it.

I will refrain from putting the boots in as we have had our fair share of rumour squashing over the years.....

If James Hird was shooting smack who cares. If he was taking a substance that improved his performance and sex drive in the sack who the fuuuck cares. If he was taking a banned substance due to vanity who cares. The whole thing is a load of rubbish.

If his players are found to be taking performance drugs then we have a major problem. I dont understand the publics fascination with what Hird, Bomber or Goodwin do behind closed doors to themselves.

What I find interesting is that Ian Robson has been extremely quiet over the past few months. Robbo is not one to be quiet when he feels his club is being mistreated.

I will refrain from putting the boots in as we have had our fair share of rumour squashing over the years.....

If James Hird was shooting smack who cares. If he was taking a substance that improved his performance and sex drive in the sack who the fuuuck cares. If he was taking a banned substance due to vanity who cares. The whole thing is a load of rubbish.

If his players are found to be taking performance drugs then we have a major problem. I dont understand the publics fascination with what Hird, Bomber or Goodwin do behind closed doors to themselves.

What I find interesting is that Ian Robson has been extremely quiet over the past few months. Robbo is not one to be quiet when he feels his club is being mistreated.

I don't know if we really believe that those mentioned are actually the one's taking the shit being spoken about. Smells like a smoke screen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mainly want Essendon smashed due to the smartarse (bosk style) element of their support. For years in the workplace, they have been the biggest spreaders of the Franklin rumours and always quick with a snipe about drugs etc. If their golden haired boy goes down on the way through, even better. The sycophantic romance they have with that bloke, you'd seriously think they are related to him or something. It's cringeworthy. "He's a good bloke so he can't be a liar or a drug user".

All anti Essendon bias aside, if they did actually cheat, I want them smashed out of existence. That goes for any club. It will be sweeter if its them, or A Country Practice down the road as Mr Robinson's previous employer, but basically, I just want ALL cheats hung, drawn and quartered. No sympathy from me. And if Watson cheated, strip his Brownlow! If not, don't smear the fella. The AFL must know the truth ASAP to stop these kind of smears.

The AFL's silence is deafening though. Essendon has admitted to taking the drugs, what is Vlad waiting for, Essendon to decide their own punishment ala Melbourne and Adelaide?

Maybe next time one of our blokes belts someone we can decide our own punishment? Professional sport run by amateurs!

There can be no penalty for 2012,so it stands to reason they should accept the penalty in 2013.

"The timeframe is unclear, but it is likely that ASADA will conclude its investigations in about two months, then the tribunal will be convened to hear the case. It will be close to the end of the season before this is resolved and later if court action ensues."

"It is doubtful that Essendon would lose its 2013 premiership points, as team forfeiture would likely relate only to the period during which the players were taking the drugs, although one could argue that the players may have enjoyed long-term benefits."

So if Essendon blitz the competition this year, win the premiership, and THEN they are found to have systematically taken banned substances, ASADA and the AFL will just say, "oh well, your bans start next year"?

So if Essendon blitz the competition this year, win the premiership, and THEN they are found to have systematically taken banned substances, ASADA and the AFL will just say, "oh well, your bans start next year"?

They are angling for a six month ban to begin as soon as the 2013 season ends - meaning a ****all penalty - one can only hope that the NRL kicks up enough of a stink and demands transparency in sentencing.

They are angling for a six month ban to begin as soon as the 2013 season ends - meaning a ****all penalty - one can only hope that the NRL kicks up enough of a stink and demands transparency in sentencing.

"Well done on winning the 2013 premiership. Oh, and shame on you for taking banned substances back in 2012 - don't play any meaningless NAB cup games next year, that should teach you a lesson. See you in round 1!"

That situation just seems too ludicrous to contemplate. Hardly any kind of warning for any other clubs thinking of getting an edge by doing the same thing.

What a disgrace. Plus, to read the Essendon boards you would think they had done nothing wrong! Thank god we have journalists like Caro out there tirelessly seeking the truth.

I think WADA will hit the team hard.

The WADA Code also imposes sanctions on teams with multiple players found guilty. Clause 11.2, Consequences for Team Sports, states that: "If more than two members of a team in a team sport are found to have committed an anti-doping rule violation during an event period, the ruling body of the event shall impose an appropriate sanction on the team (eg, loss of points, disqualification from a competition or event, or other sanction) in addition to any consequences imposed upon the individual athletes committing the anti-doping rule violation."

The AFL are like grasshoppers in the eyes of WADA. The AFL are in damage control and they know it.

We can only hope mate - for the record I think they have vaulted the pole only to see huge elevation, no trajectory and enormous internal bruising with severe bleeding to the Coach's arse when it all comes to a thud.

I am an optimist.

Look for the expendable heads to roll at EFC (Corcoran, Robson) and the "we were duped by scientists and people who didn't have the clubs best interests at heart" line to be peddled. The players and coaches to escape sanction because they didn't know what they were doing - despite the fact that Bomber Thompson brings in Dank & "the weapon" and sells them the mantra we need to get bigger and stronger as quickly as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's involvement in the drug saga?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back