Hawthorn's involvement in the drug saga?

Remove this Banner Ad

What's with the Thymosin? I've heard that it is a banned substance but I think on the 7:30 report they said that no substances in the text messages are banned substances.

Is it a case of whether it falls under a rule that states you can't take anything similar to drug X or effects including Y but it isn't specifically banned?

I think its something like that. The drugs are not specifically banned. Mind you several are not even TGA approved for human use- so its a fine line. The use of IV may yet cause an issue though. IE The drug itself is not banned, but IV'ing some its properties can be banned.

Anyone else get the distinct feeling that we're the club being spoken about in those text messages?

Got to say I get that feeling, but then again I suppose any supporter of a team might feel that way. Except the demons of course.

Good points above on the context of the text however, being that's it likely from the middle of the season, assuming they're legit.

Not us, we're tied up with Swisse for better or worse as a supplement supplier, all above board and audited like all clubs by the AFL after the shite met the fan at EFC.

Anyone else get the distinct feeling that we're the club being spoken about in those text messages?

It's funny how we comprehend the comment. Personally, I was thinking they were talking about another club thay Dank had been involved with, and was able to make comparisons ..... but I could be wrong :)

And the Trent Croad story has finally broken:

Banned substances hawked around

EXCLUSIVE
Former Hawthorn star Trent Croad spruiked banned or untested performance enhancing supplements to AFL and A-League clubs, as well as the horse stable that trains Black Caviar, confidential emails reveal.
A series of emails sent last year by Mr Croad, who at the time was working as a business development manager at a Melbourne health clinic, show that he inquired with the supplier of the unapproved anti-ageing supplement TA65 about how to import it ''without attracting unwanted attention''.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/banned-substances-hawked-around-20130412-2hr5d.html

Not sure how bright Croady actually is after reading that.
My best mate walked with him every morning to Primary School. Let's hope he was a late bloomer ;-)

Don't take that away from his athletic abilities or his achievements as a person though - he was 9 for Christ's sake.

It's sad. The whole link with the Essendon doctor who signed off on the blood work of Hirdy's Peptides is a tad sordid too.

Anyone else - and yes, this is s Dorothy Dixer question - get the impression we are gradually being fed bits of story?

And that massive amount of manure is about to hit one of those wind farm turbines and spray a vast area me thinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't take that away from his athletic abilities or his achievements as a person though

Wouldn't ever do that.
All I will say is if you need to conduct business ''without attracting unwanted attention'' you have accepted that what you are doing is not kosher.

It's sad. The whole link with the Essendon doctor who signed off on the blood work of Hirdy's Peptides is a tad sordid too.

Anyone else - and yes, this is s Dorothy Dixer question - get the impression we are gradually being fed bits of story?

And that massive amount of manure is about to hit one of those wind farm turbines and spray a vast area me thinks.

Interesting the timing of the media articles. There's no doubt the AFL control the footy media, and this whole sordid affair is proving it. Vlad trying to minimise the collateral damage?

Has he done anything other than be just plain stupid - he definitely appears to have received a few too many knocks to the head during his career if that's his idea of unwarranted attention.

Dislike that there has been a reference to the hawks

Interesting the timing of the media articles. There's no doubt the AFL control the footy media, and this whole sordid affair is proving it. Vlad trying to minimise the collateral damage?

Actually I doubt the AFL has any control over this story. The ACC report obviously covered more than has been publicly revealed, hence Vlad saying he has been privy to more detail than has been reported, but I reckon the Fairfax investigative guys are actually doing a good job unearthing details the AFL would prefer remained quiet.

If you're looking for evidence of media complicity you could probably point to Robbo's HUN, but I don't reckon the AFL would need to step in there. I reckon Robbo's self-censoring quite nicely.

Actually I doubt the AFL has any control over this story. The ACC report obviously covered more than has been publicly revealed, hence Vlad saying he has been privy to more detail than has been reported, but I reckon the Fairfax investigative guys are actually doing a good job unearthing details the AFL would prefer remained quiet.

If you're looking for evidence of media complicity you could probably point to Robbo's HUN, but I don't reckon the AFL would need to step in there. I reckon Robbo's self-censoring quite nicely.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between the AFL stepping in and the tabloid rubbish the main papers are spruiking. I noted the Croad article is buried under the 50 tonnes of Bombers articles on the Age. That could just be Caro, et. al. and their crusade though. A part of me wants the whole thing to break, even if our club was to be involved. Better to have it all out in the open than to pussy-foot around and cover up the lies.

slowly but surely someone is leaking it.

someone smart who knows exactly what they are doing
Well that excludes the AFL.

On a seriouse note, as stupid as Croady appears, if he is fortunate to not have any clients, could he yet be stung?

Im thinking more of a sports scientist & his lawyers
It sort of leans that way but I reckon there are a few other sources adding a little and the jigsaw is being slowly built.

Would not surprise the other bloke that was pushed aside has also opened up to a degree. Gotta remember who is representing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's involvement in the drug saga?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back