Heathcote DFL part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he shouldnt be allowed in there boys simple as that!

Rules are made to be broken I suppose Jetta. Last year I enquired into carrying some water for our two's thru the finals but was told no due to my role as senior coach, today Al gets to run out some sore spots, deliver a few messages and also carry water . . . go figure :D

(Oops hope that don't cost me my seat on the bandwagon lads ;))

Rules are made to be broken I suppose Jetta. Last year I enquired into carrying some water for our two's thru the finals but was told no due to my role as senior coach, today Al gets to run out some sore spots, deliver a few messages and also carry water . . . go figure :D

I noticed that myself big fella and immediately thought that it was not allowed. A few years ago back home when my old club Lalbert were good enough to make finals our senior AC was injured and ran water for the 2's in a semi and we copped a huge fine.

I noticed that myself big fella and immediately thought that it was not allowed. A few years ago back home when my old club Lalbert were good enough to make finals our senior AC was injured and ran water for the 2's in a semi and we copped a huge fine.
I think the rule has been changed, not entirely sure though.

Haha ha, not bothered at all mate to be honest, just trying to hose down the whole timekeepers box scenario. Felt bad sitting up there Satdy when it all unfolded :eek:
You should have told everyone to p#ss off,you cannot concentrate while you were writting the note's for the yabba,and yes you are the best at talking note's.I would say it will be one of the best reports on a senoir qualifying final for many of years:p:D

You should have told everyone to p#ss off,you cannot concentrate while you were writting the note's for the yabba,and yes you are the best at talking note's.I would say it will be one of the best reports on a senoir qualifying final for many of years:p:D

Is that taking or talking notes? Wont be my report sorry, owed a mate a favour thats all - and with the forecast it was a perfect excuse for the best seat in the house ;)

By the way Spudda's a bit lethargic today - musta knocked him around having to assist Bocca from the field late in yesty's twos game :D

Is that taking or talking notes? Wont be my report sorry, owed a mate a favour thats all - and with the forecast it was a perfect excuse for the best seat in the house ;)

By the way Spudda's a bit lethargic today - musta knocked him around having to assist Bocca from the field late in yesty's twos game :D

!!Taking!! a slip of the fingers.Spud might have let he's hair down last night, i know what hair! Doona i left the rooms at 6 he was still their drinking rum.I did hear him say the other boys can do some work for a change on a Monday:D

well boys massive game this weekend at lockington! anyone reckon they can pick a winner the hoppers or the saints? what about elmore out in straight sets?

posted by PHAROAHS

I'm going to be the one to say that it's time that Meldrum's leadership of the club needs to come into question. They had a very good team last year that underperformed when the pressure was on. The side nearly went off the rails early last year but pulled it back together. I think they were blaming a youthful team for the outcome last year but how long can they hold such an expensive team together.
Meldrum this year was on holidays in the off season (and good luck to him) but he comes back and all recruiting is done. They have an awesome unit on paper but yet again not pulling it together. Top spot should have been theirs but went down to a well drilled colbo unit. One could forgive that but to go down to lockington!!!
They seem to be relying on pure talent alone and the game plan is lacking and I question whether Meldrum has the ability to make a unit gel and perform well enough to win the big games that matter. If the team won't unite behind him then they have massive troubles. I know heathcote will be scratching their heads at this result but i also get the feeling that they have a lot of question marks over the man at the top. This is not knocking his ability as a player but rather his ability to manage and inspire a team to the ultimate goal.[/quote]

just interested if pharoas got anything to add after the weekend ????????????????

well boys massive game this weekend at lockington! anyone reckon they can pick a winner the hoppers or the saints? what about elmore out in straight sets?

Dry day and good conditions = Colbo.
Wet day or blowing a gale = Heathcote
i reckon Colbo play a quicker running game but Heathcote are bigger and probably have better marking / forward options. Both clubs are travelling well and this will be a cracker of a game. Just hope for good weather

LBU would have to like their chances against Elmore with a couple more Elmore players out. Biggest challenge for Elmore in probably 3 years and huge test for LBU.

Dont you love finals time of year....................................................

i reckon Colbo play a quicker running game but Heathcote are bigger and probably have better marking / forward options. Both clubs are travelling well and this will be a cracker of a game. Just hope for good weather

LBU would have to like their chances against Elmore with a couple more Elmore players out. Biggest challenge for Elmore in probably 3 years and huge test for LBU.

Dont you love finals time of year....................................................

Colbo would be happy that this game will be played at Locky. More room to run and spread then they would have had at White Hills

hey lads, who are looking to be the grand finalists this year? i see colbo are looking good. Whats tim hill like as a player? few hills in that side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im tipping heathcote to roll colbo. cote will be full of confidence after last week and will have plenty of momentum behind them, Colbo may start the game a bit flat after having a week off. Sometimes finishing on top can stop a teams run, where is heathcote havent had a break.

I see baker from locky was held to just thirteen possies. Did he play on ball the whole game? They should of tried him up forward can take pack mark and kick the long goal. Well done saints but not sure how you will back up in another epic. colbo having the rest would be feeling cherry ripe and its the story of the walking wounded out at the cote. But i am sure Al and his boys will get there self up for it. There are a few boys out there that know how important this game is to win for the saints. Any tips for the cheatley? doona? ROOTA?

Any tips for the cheatley? doona? ROOTA?

Sorry doogey, I didnt play enough games and Roota fell out of favour and also may not poll too well :D

I reckon Kay (Elmore), Knight (Colbo), Morgan or Meldrum (H'cote) and maybe Douglas (Mounts) might be amongst the leading votegetters. Baker (LBU) did well against us both times and may be there abouts also.

Good to see the Bendigo Addy so-called "journos" couldn't squeeze in one article on Saturday about the two HDFL finals. A couple of thousand people would have attended the games over the weekend but it mustn't have rated highly enough for those BFL-centric guys. They need to take a leaf out of Chalky's book. Maybe I'll save my $1.50 this Saturday and give it to Chalky!! What on earth do they do all week. Chalky provides them with all the HDFL reports so maybe they have forgotten how to pick up the phone and call some players/coaches for an interview!!

Nothing to do with game plans as it has no impact on my team. It might pay to do a little research nesko before throwing out replys like that...
my sources are very close to colbo!
Knight to play.
Cant see Heathcote getting away with a win this week. They might have to wait till next year. Spend some more $$, and have another crack at it!

Knight to play.
Cant see Heathcote getting away with a win this week. They might have to wait till next year. Spend some more $$, and have another crack at it!

ouch :eek:

Knight to play.
Just out of curiosity who would have been the last team to win a HDFL flag without spending some $? Heathcote east in 1910 maybe!

Knight to play.
Listen, we're about sick of this crap. As the Phantom has stated, we aren't the first to spend a quid in the quest to try and win a flag. Even Tooborac were doing it in the 70's. If you don't spend the kanga, you don't win and then you get no one following your club. Just for your interest Bond, it looks like we'll operate at a tidy profit this year so we might have a crack at it again next year regardless of the result.:thumbsu:

Listen, we're about sick of this crap. As the Phantom has stated, we aren't the first to spend a quid in the quest to try and win a flag. Even Tooborac were doing it in the 70's. If you don't spend the kanga, you don't win and then you get no one following your club. Just for your interest Bond, it looks like we'll operate at a tidy profit this year so we might have a crack at it again next year regardless of the result.:thumbsu:

Spot on rwb :thumbsu:

Next topic, who won White Hills' B & F? My informant expected Toy, Joyce & young Wright to poll well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back