Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
blackbeard said:
How did Broadford go on the weekend at Mernda? It would be good to see the roos recapture a bit of touch this year after the clean out that seems to have taken place over the last few seasons.

Play this week sorry didnt realise they had their annual Swap Meet last weekend so it was all hands on deck at the club. Was great to go for a stroll there Sunday and see the support from the players on hand to do their bit.

What do you mean clean out??? Looking at clearances only White Hills appears the only team ahead of Broady who's list may have slipped a wee bit
so the Roos will be looking to a few of the youngsters in their 2nd & 3rd years at senior level to stamp themselves.

Broadford under 17s nearly lost two of there best play to marabolong (or however u spell it i don't know how to spell it!) on the weekend. Matt Williams and Matt Coomans played a practice match for them on saturday and the club offered them money to stay there and play, they told everyone they accepted the offer at school but when the coach of broadford found out he talked to them and he convinced to stay. the coach was not real happy when he found out. he said " u asked me to stay as coach and now u both are going to pull the pin on me, i'm not real happy"

gta3 said:
Broadford under 17s nearly lost two of there best play to marabolong (or however u spell it i don't know how to spell it!) on the weekend. Matt Williams and Matt Coomans played a practice match for them on saturday and the club offered them money to stay there and play, they told everyone they accepted the offer at school but when the coach of broadford found out he talked to them and he convinced to stay. the coach was not real happy when he found out. he said " u asked me to stay as coach and now u both are going to pull the pin on me, i'm not real happy"

This has to be a joke!!! What hope has Broadford got of shaking the unwanted tag of over paying players when under age footballers have reportedly considered a move for money. Seems the Roos will have great difficulty in the near future holding onto players if at 17/18 they reckon they're worthy of coin.

Where abouts is Marabolong exactly gta3 & I was of the understanding the young boy Coomans was told not to play football after suffering a nasty head injury over the off season???

heard the prac match between mounts and lancaster was a good one. fairly even all game with lanc winning by 10 points. mounts did have more scoring shots though. mounts also had about 3 or 4 good players out that will play onball and up forward. for those asking, mitchell did play for lanc but didnt do a lot.

Sly Dog said:
heard the prac match between mounts and lancaster was a good one. fairly even all game with lanc winning by 10 points. mounts did have more scoring shots though. mounts also had about 3 or 4 good players out that will play onball and up forward. for those asking, mitchell did play for lanc but didnt do a lot.

I know practice match results can be misleading but I think it shows Mounts have slipped a bit and are going to have be on their game from the start of the season to play off again I reckon. What do u reckon?....

is denis ryan playing again? he didn't play on sat'd.
Mounts looked like a quality side, but the game was mared by a strong wind which really was detrimental to the standard of play at this time of the year.
They look to have some damn good onballers and thier coach was very impressive.

Round 1 coming up on April 22nd looks like it will be a ripper who's everyone tipping?

Broadford vs Huntly
Colbinabbin vs Mt.Pleasant
White Hills vs North Bendigo
Heathcote vs Lockington

Shouldn't be a blow out amongst those games you'd think.

On The Money said:
Round 1 coming up on April 22nd looks like it will be a ripper who's everyone tipping?

Broadford vs Huntly
Colbinabbin vs Mt.Pleasant
White Hills vs North Bendigo
Heathcote vs Lockington

Shouldn't be a blow out amongst those games you'd think.

I agree - there should be some interesting matches with some questions on how much Huntly and Colbo have improved, how much White Hills have dropped off etc.

My tips for what it is worth:

Broadford too strong for Huntly at home
Mounts to beat Colbo at Oniongrass Park
White Hills over North in a close one.

Whilst the match of the round for mine is Heathcote v Lockington. The Barrack reserve is looking a picture, and I think Heathocte might play the small ground a bit better with there strong forward set up, so I'll go for heathcote.

And Cam carter is Mount Pleasant's coach

Doona2 said:
This has to be a joke!!! What hope has Broadford got of shaking the unwanted tag of over paying players when under age footballers have reportedly considered a move for money. Seems the Roos will have great difficulty in the near future holding onto players if at 17/18 they reckon they're worthy of coin.

Where abouts is Marabolong exactly gta3 & I was of the understanding the young boy Coomans was told not to play football after suffering a nasty head injury over the off season???

the team is maribyrnong under 18s in the EDFL. Coomans has to get permission off the doctor to be able to play footy this year. they arnt going now so its ok

Any truth to the rumour that connors & Dearaugo in the center, postle down back and hutton up forward for he burn turned the game on its head against colbo last week??? colbo look to be big improvers in the hdfl, if sam hill fires colbo will find themselves in the finals and threatening for the flag, returning from sunshine a lot rests on the talented forwards shoulders along with HJ32.. Wedderburn must be regarded as genuine premiership contenders..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez Lancaster's form over Mounts last weekend held up, biggers winners in the KDFL yesty. How did the Colbo/Huntly day go who were the standouts? I heard last night Broady lost to Mernda by I think 5 points, but a few seniors actually played in the curtain raiser so they'll strengthen up a bit for the Huntly clash at home in a fortnight.

Colbo beat Huntly by about 5 goals in a tough hit out. Geary showed flashes of brilliance and finised up with about 3-4 goals for the day but generally was well held, this shows what sort of damaging player he will be in the HDFL WHEN he really fires. Huntly had a couple missing, same with Colbo, but generally I think the Huntly Hawks will improve heaps this year and will win their share of games.

Heard last nite that Heathcote and White Hills fought it out as well with the Hillies winning by a slender margin (could be wrong - if anyone knows more details pls post) and the coates had a few key players not playing.

gta3 said:
the team is maribyrnong under 18s in the EDFL. Coomans has to get permission off the doctor to be able to play footy this year. they arnt going now so its ok

Tell me gta what kinda of money would a EDFL 2nd Div 3rds side be offering players? This is exactly what Im saying about young blokes these days actually considering playing for money . . . . before they've even proved themselves at any level. If this rumour is true then whoever is in charge of the Maribynong Park under age teams cant be the full quid.

Heard Matt Coomans tried to play footy today without wearing a helmet is this true? Fair dinkum if the Broadford FNC let this kid play without something being signed by a doctor then it could make things difficult if he was to have some form of relapse whilst on the playing field.

just got off the phone to a mate who was at the w.hills/heathcote game on saturday.
he said w.hills lead most of the day and looked more than competitive.
waters, tobin and a couple of others did'nt play for heathcote but also w.hills were missing quality aswell, the ruckman and onballer from melb,brad mcconnell, dickens,q,sawyer and poyner.
edwards kicked another 5, so thats 20 from 3 praccy matches i think so he might kick a few this year.
maybe w.hills might not be as bad as everyone once thought after alot left.
he also said heathcote recruits conheady and bourke looked ok.

interesting to hear geary kicked a few for huntly against colbo, my mail was he will be playing chb this year, did ezard play and kick any for huntly?
it will be very interesting to see if any clubs pick up any more recruits before round one, could be a very busy couple of weeks ahead for last minute recruiting. i've heard of a few possible signings on the go and will post them here if they eventuate.

ablett said:
just got off the phone to a mate who was at the w.hills/heathcote game on saturday.
waters, tobin and a couple of others did'nt play for heathcote but also w.hills were missing quality aswell, the ruckman and onballer from melb,brad mcconnell, dickens,q,sawyer and poyner.
edwards kicked another 5, so thats 20 from 3 praccy matches i think so he might kick a few this year.

interesting to hear geary kicked a few for huntly against colbo, my mail was he will be playing chb this year, did ezard play and kick any for huntly?
it will be very interesting to see if any clubs pick up any more recruits before round one, could be a very busy couple of weeks ahead for last minute recruiting. i've heard of a few possible signings on the go and will post them here if they eventuate.

It's going to be a great season with some upsets throughout the year I think. White Hills have pulled things together pretty well. Is any one going to have one final hit out this week or is are sides resting up and getting ready to go? It will be great when it finally starts.

ablett said:

dont think Ezard played

Heard that LBU recruit Luke Nicholls is one tough cookie. Word has it he is a very handy defender & hard at it . . . . if he is anything like his brother (Mark) who played at Yea last season he'll be a quality pick up both on and off the field.

Doona2 said:
Tell me gta what kinda of money would a EDFL 2nd Div 3rds side be offering players? This is exactly what Im saying about young blokes these days actually considering playing for money . . . . before they've even proved themselves at any level. If this rumour is true then whoever is in charge of the Maribynong Park under age teams cant be the full quid.

Heard Matt Coomans tried to play footy today without wearing a helmet is this true? Fair dinkum if the Broadford FNC let this kid play without something being signed by a doctor then it could make things difficult if he was to have some form of relapse whilst on the playing field.

Heard the players in question have been offered somewhere around $40 a week and that a Kilmore fella is behind the push to have boys travelling to Maribynong. Also heard only two players are going after an all in brawl in a practice match that several played in, scared the s#%t out of the others.

Coomans I heard has been given the all clear to play and should be a real benefit for the Roos when he gets some match prctice into his body.

can anyone tell me how that mad c**t jason "the snake" charles is goin this year, whether he will have much of an impact, whether he is still eating lots of meat?

scotywok said:
Coomans I heard has been given the all clear to play and should be a real benefit for the Roos when he gets some match prctice into his body.

Good news for young Matt and the Roos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back