Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doona2 said:
Week 1 - Colbo to upset Heathcote, Mounts easily over LBU.
Week 2 - Mounts easily over Elmore, LBU just over Colbo
Week 3 - LBU over Elmore
Week 4 - Mounts over LBU by 6-7 goals

My opinion only lads so dont all jump on me :cool:

We will have to look back in 4 weeks and see how you go Doona.
There will be some very dissapointed people out Elmore way if thats the way things pan out. The season is starting to strike a resemblance of 2003 for them where they folded in the finals series although they do appear to have a stronger side now with players of the calibre of Fevealeki, Grant, Dirt Carter and Ryan Hayes in their side now.
It will add to the intrigue of the finals series to see if they can turn it around and give the flag a shake.

andypipkin said:
im with you doona. i think it wil be a mounts and cats granny.
although i think that if heathcote can get back the two young fellas from the pio's i think they could be a real smokey

mounts locky would be a great granny and i hope thats the way it is. my smokey is colbo, if they have a win this week which i think on the locky ground which should suit them, they should be able to make it who knows how far. with pioneer grant 'boz' weeks who is in fine form(looking likely to snare pioneers goal kicking. 13 i think in last 3 weeks!! and currently playing full foward with other top goal kicker out injury) Weeks will be back after this week with pioneers playing their final game and he if still in form should be able to help the boys tackle the better sides. yet like i said i think it will be a close finals campaign apart from elmore who might struggle after getting a bit wobbly lately in their performances!

Conrad said:
mounts locky would be a great granny and i hope thats the way it is. my smokey is colbo, if they have a win this week which i think on the locky ground which should suit them, they should be able to make it who knows how far. with pioneer grant 'boz' weeks who is in fine form(looking likely to snare pioneers goal kicking. 13 i think in last 3 weeks!! and currently playing full foward with other top goal kicker out injury) Weeks will be back after this week with pioneers playing their final game and he if still in form should be able to help the boys tackle the better sides. yet like i said i think it will be a close finals campaign apart from elmore who might struggle after getting a bit wobbly lately in their performances!

Boz has kicked 6 then 5 in the last two weeks but i think he slot in as a rover for the hoppers, you no that as well as i do conrad. Played for colbo after vic duties and got BOG carving elmore up. Ryan hayes is training again and i have my money on him back for their first final. Big game out at colbo tomorrow, how are both sides fairing, many injurys? Hows Ryan pulled up with the hamstring and is Cheinery Palmer set 2 return for the cats?

What are the Roos' changes for Sunday's final Beard? Tell me mate what happened to ya ruckman Page didnt see him on the track this week?

nesko_25 said:
Big game out at colbo tomorrow, how are both sides fairing, many injurys? Hows Ryan pulled up with the hamstring and is Cheinery Palmer set 2 return for the cats?

Palmer trained well but selectors have decided to give him another week! Possibly he and Byrne back next week! I see Ryan wasn't picked for Mounts in the paper, so it will be interesting to see if he plays? Who ever wins Sundays clash will have the services of there Pioneer player/s for next week which will see either of these two still rite in the hunt! And i wouldn't rite Elmore of just yet boys, they've got a great side on paper and with a couple two return they are still a real show!

BAR FRIDGE said:
Palmer trained well but selectors have decided to give him another week! Possibly he and Byrne back next week! I see Ryan wasn't picked for Mounts in the paper, so it will be interesting to see if he plays? Who ever wins Sundays clash will have the services of there Pioneer player/s for next week which will see either of these two still rite in the hunt! And i wouldn't rite Elmore of just yet boys, they've got a great side on paper and with a couple two return they are still a real show!

Have all these pioneer players qualified for finals? Weeks hasnt played 5 games has he?

The Snortch said:
Have all these pioneer players qualified for finals? Weeks hasnt played 5 games has he?

A TAC Cup game counts as a club game so Weeks romps in to be qualified.
Word is that he has a manager now and he could be advised against playing even if he is available as the finals wear on.

If i was LBU i would have rolled the dice and played Palmer they need to win this one to give the flag a shake I reckon.

Doona2 said:
Week 1 - Colbo to upset Heathcote, Mounts easily over LBU.
Week 2 - Mounts easily over Elmore, LBU just over Colbo
Week 3 - LBU over Elmore
Week 4 - Mounts over LBU by 6-7 goals

My opinion only lads so dont all jump on me :cool:

Heathcote should beat Colbo... Mounts are the red hot team and should account for LBU.

On The Money said:
A TAC Cup game counts as a club game so Weeks romps in to be qualified.
Word is that he has a manager now and he could be advised against playing even if he is available as the finals wear on.

If i was LBU i would have rolled the dice and played Palmer they need to win this one to give the flag a shake I reckon.

Why does a TAC game count? Should play with one team and one team only. If they play for that competition they shouldnt be coming back and playing at club level.

How's colbo's 1st yr coach Lock gone this yr...is there ladder position in the 5 been reflective of his coaching, or just the teams performance as a whole over the year !?...And hows lock played this year !

JGraf said:
Why does a TAC game count? Should play with one team and one team only. If they play for that competition they shouldnt be coming back and playing at club level.

Well JGraf, Weeka is a Colbo boy through and through never doubt that but he has the telent 2 get drafted (was touted as around pick 20 before vic, now around 40). If he played for Colbo he wouldn have much of a chance, scouts arnt gonna drive from melb 2 colbo 2 watch him play, he's already shown what he can do in the HDFL playing in colbos 2004 flag as a 16 year old, kicking around 50 goals for the year so its more of a challenge. He plays TAC cup because there is scouts at the game, he played for vic country and he's gonna put colbo on the map wen he makes AFL. Why should he be forced 2 choose between that club he was taught how 2 play footy or his future and im sure nobody out at colbo would be angry with him playing pios. Same with Lech and Ando from Heathcote and Bongy from locky. When they do come back they'll be better players because of the guidence from mark ellis and rowan warfe and this is only making the league stronger and gives it a good reputation for blooding young telent.

nesko_25 said:
Well JGraf, Weeka is a Colbo boy through and through never doubt that but he has the telent 2 get drafted (was touted as around pick 20 before vic, now around 40). If he played for Colbo he wouldn have much of a chance, scouts arnt gonna drive from melb 2 colbo 2 watch him play, he's already shown what he can do in the HDFL playing in colbos 2004 flag as a 16 year old, kicking around 50 goals for the year so its more of a challenge. He plays TAC cup because there is scouts at the game, he played for vic country and he's gonna put colbo on the map wen he makes AFL. Why should he be forced 2 choose between that club he was taught how 2 play footy or his future and im sure nobody out at colbo would be angry with him playing pios. Same with Lech and Ando from Heathcote and Bongy from locky. When they do come back they'll be better players because of the guidence from mark ellis and rowan warfe and this is only making the league stronger and gives it a good reputation for blooding young telent.

All Good points, totally agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nesko_25 said:

Yes I agree that the young players who are good enough should be playing for the Pioneers if they have goals to play in the AFL. But if I was a member of the senior team and played all year and this kid who is very good comes back and plays in the finals I wouldnt be happy at all. Featherstone has played a lot at Heathcote so that is different. I just think the rules need some tidying up. Should have to play at least half of the season.

nesko_25 said:
So aker2dogs wat did u think of Troy Aulds match preview and veviews 2day? I thought they were pretty good

I think his write-ups get better every week. Mike Sheahan, Garry Lyon and Gerard Healy better watch their backs...

randallbone said:
I think his write-ups get better every week. Mike Sheahan, Garry Lyon and Gerard Healy better watch their backs...

ha good to see you've jumped on board.... they were an improvement nesko. great game at heathcote.. elmore proving that they are true premiership contenders. i felt that mounts were off their game..

aker2dogs said:
ha good to see you've jumped on board.... they were an improvement nesko. great game at heathcote.. elmore proving that they are true premiership contenders. i felt that mounts were off their game..

Aker2dogs, I wasn't at the game, but I'm interested in who you reckon were the better players. Can you give me a round-up of the best players or should I just wait for the Advertiser on Monday?

Broady thirds by how far in a fortnights time lads!!! Pleasing to see the much under rated Mitch Collier named best for the young Roos today.

Doona2 said:
Broady thirds by how far in a fortnights time lads!!! Pleasing to see the much under rated Mitch Collier named best for the young Roos today.

I can tell you now Doonz, Collier isnt under-rated many teams respect him very much. Bit of a suprise with the Elmorians getting up, how did Hayesy go, would be good if you did post ur review aker2dogs as i very much repect your opinion. Can any1 tell me if its the site or just my comp but all the threads have seemed 2 jump back to sept 2nd, even losing privite messages.

Locky v Colbo..................LBU by 25 points
Heathcote v Broady..........Heathcote by 5 points
Locky v Heathcote...........LBU by 35 points

Weeks in for Guy Rathjo and Sam Vale was named emerg. but expext him to play. Not really sure if the small ground will suit colbo, they lack height which locky have a heap of, Kirchhofer, Main, Byrne, VandenBosch, Shawcross, Suffolk, Smith and Palmer and M Martin and Pritchett can play tall. Mayb the side is a little tall and they will need alot of run from Mundie, Harris, Newth, Bonggiovanni, Stone, and Sims. Don't think colbo will be able to kick a winning score they rely on Silly, Doaky and Matt Johno but the inclusion of Weeks is massive and expect him to play in a 2 prong attack with Silly and I think Doak will start on Byrne or Palmer with Pinniger to play on Shawcross.

Yeah, all the posts have gone back to the 2nd of sept for me too.

Mounts were dissapointing y'day. I thought Hayes was good for elmore playing mostly forward. Grant was solid, disposal let Fev down although he did get a bit of it. It was the first game I saw Dalton in and I wasn't overly impressed. Struggled to make several contests and prob only took one or two marks for the day. Kicked one nice goal from a free. In his defence tho, mounts didn't deliver it real well at all. No webby and No troy Shannon cost the blues as they were getting beaten a lot out of the middle. Should of been a much bigger margin except for elmore's inaccurate second quarter.

Can't see Colbo doing it again today and I'll go for LBU by 30 points. Small ground will choke these teams and I'm not expecting a real free flowing game.

Obviously broady in the two's at home!!!!

Doona2 said:

yeah broadford thirds were excellent on saturday. Adrian Blacker for Broadford was dominating at centre half back

nesko_25 said:
Locky v Colbo..................LBU by 25 points
Heathcote v Broady..........Heathcote by 5 points
Locky v Heathcote...........LBU by 35 points

Weeks in for Guy Rathjo and Sam Vale was named emerg. but expext him to play. Weeks is massive and expect him to play in a 2 prong attack with Silly, Pinniger to play on Shawcross.

Not far off fellas, think I hit the 2s margin on the head and Weeks and Hill in a 2 prong attack and Vale in for Johnson. Matty Martin reported by the goal ump, dont think much will come of it! Hey Doonz I'd like to thank you for letting me borrow ur hook 2day, did me the world of good! Big games nedxt week!

Mounts v LBU
Mounts v Heathcote
White Hills v LBU

Can sum1 tell me y Roy Shannon didnt play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back