Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Andy you're totally right

I know plenty of kids from this league that have went on to play rep footy. Grant Weeks under 15s-18s, Seth Hill under 15s, Sam Vale under 15s-16s (Colbo), Rob Tuohey under 15s-18s, Ryan Hayes under 16s-18s, Norm Kortum under 15s (Elmore), Matt Bongiovanni under 15s, Nat O'Brien under 15 and 18s? (LBU), Daniel Anderson under 16s-18s, Lech Featherston under 18s, Salidino under 15s-16s (Heathcote). There is also a kid from WH thats trying out this year.

Maybe I worded it wrong - the above were all exceptional kids and woulda played rep footy wherever there lived or played. I meant for those kids finishing 17's who think they're still an outside chance should they play one more year of underage footy - thats why I think it should be 18's.

The better kids will still play better footy, but you dont risk others moving on and possibly not coming back by joining neighbouring clubs.

Just been talking to Guy "Smiley" Rathjen. He is indicating that he may be heading to play in the Yarra Valley. Will be sorely missed in the hair salons of the district

Ok guys Im outa here for a few days, jetting up north for some R & R. Please play kindly together and behave - oh and also I expect a bit of reading to catch up on when I return like more Mt. Pleasant signings perhaps :(

Takes a bit more than just player managment to win a grand final Row5 have you ever heard of Teamwork, displine, passion just to name a few?

I'd have to disagree with you on the most profesional combination as well mounts played in 6 grand finals in a row in the early 80's and lost 1.

Trigga

Yep agree with you Mounts the leader in that field, and continuing to do so.

When was the laast time the 3rd or 4th best team won a HDFL flag, Best teams, best players win flags, need to be managed through the journey:thumbsu:

First of all Elmore didnt need to worry about beating Colbo in this years finals and we did beat mounts in the first final we played at Heathcote so to say we had no chance of beating either of those two teams is misinformed. In my WHOLE time at elmore and in all my times around football at various clubs elmore is the club with the LEAST amount of infighting i have ever seen. Everyone there is united and on the same page. How else do you think a side with a fair few people that had never played together made the grand final. Its the culture of the club tht is all about everyone being a part of something.
As for those players you have mentioned Brian Westly is one of the Best examples of leadership i have ever seen, yes he used to be undisciplined but in the last 3 years he has taken that right out of the game and has averaged over 30 possessions a game coming of a back flank is held in the highest regard by everyone at the club. Bill Longford may be undisciplined at times but puts in countless hours at the club organises almost every social function at the club and gives his all as a player. Simon Cluff is one of the most gifted footballers i have seen and i have known him since he was a kid. He is injury prone at the moment but that bloke is targeted every week coz of his size and has learnt to protect himself and dish it out which upsets a few of you out there and did a great job as assisstant coach. Cam Cail similar to Brian great leader and a hard player cant wait to have him back next year.
Again another uneducated comment by someone who knows nothing about the club and what its players get paid and has nothing to contribute to this site other than club bashing. YOU ARE A JOKE ROW5

Hey Bloodhound

Appreciate your defence of your club

Lets be honest another GF performance will prove me and the football public wrong

Your team need to stop spruiking and deliver on GF stage, this is where you create the culture of winning

You are right, I don't know anything about your club but the outer football public judge you on your GF performances

If you can win 07 I will congratulate you

Riddell would have beaten Mount Pleasant this year. Simple as that. The HDFL is stronger overall, but the gun sides from both sides would have been about equal. Let's not go back to this! Haha.

Hmm. I normally just read bf, but this is worthy of my first reply!! Im a passionate hdfl supporter and for you Matt to just come and make bold statements on our leagues website is ballsy as. I think that for a minor league the hdfls top 4 or 5 teams were of a real good standard the past 2 years (at least) Yes it WILL be interesting to see how your "guns" from the rdfl go next year. Im sure theyre all good players, but you shouldnt just come out and say Riddell would beat mts. Sure riddell must be a good team, so maybe "The top team from both leagues would be an even good standard contest" would be a better way to go about it!! You seen much of the likes of mts, elmore lbu etc. have ya!?

you are correct ablett, i did know ed's old man played for south, he may have won a flag also, but what i was told was that if he played anywhere else it would be dookie, but i may be wrong, have been b4.
by the way ablett i hope that you havent got your wires crossed, last time i checked i wasnt a teacher, to many years of uni for me

The HDFL won't go forward until the thirds is changed to an Under-18 competition.

The standard of the U17s is OK, but there is such a huge development in teenage boys between 16-18. Most aren't ready for senior football when they finish in the thirds. (Except Broady, who must have something in the water :D).

Like Doona said, most VCFL leagues have an U18s comp, and it wouldn't hurt any clubs by making the age limit a year higher, it would only help.

Broadford may still dominate the thirds, but i'll put money on it that a lot of clubs will be a hell of a lot more competitive. They have my vote!

there are pros and cons to an 18's comp. But clubs like Colbo, Elmore, Mounts and North would all struggle big time if this happened. Most of these clubs have kids as young as 12 going around in the dew wipers........

hj32 is outta here - look fwd to logging back in a couple of weeks!

The HDFL won't go forward until the thirds is changed to an Under-18 competition.

The standard of the U17s is OK, but there is such a huge development in teenage boys between 16-18. Most aren't ready for senior football when they finish in the thirds. (Except Broady, who must have something in the water :D).

Like Doona said, most VCFL leagues have an U18s comp, and it wouldn't hurt any clubs by making the age limit a year higher, it would only help.

Broadford may still dominate the thirds, but i'll put money on it that a lot of clubs will be a hell of a lot more competitive. They have my vote!

I don't think it's makes much of a difference to the standard of the senior competition whether the thirds is Under 17 or Under 18.
While some kids might not be as well prepared for open age football that year earlier there they kids that are likely to play Reserves not seniors. So as for the Heathcote League not being able to step forward until it goes to Under 18's would have to be classed as another wayward comment from you young Nicko.

Greg Byrne has been reappointed LBU Senior coach for the 2007 season. His appointment comes after weeks of speculation. Byrne got the job ahead of two other candidates in ex VFA Legand Gary "Spike" Milligan and club Stalwart Brad "Bundie" Mundie. Great news for cats supporters, although a number of players from 2006 are yet to resign, including Dobby Dobson who may be heading up north for 12 months with his girlfriend, Andrew Palmer who could be heading back to Rochy and last years B&F winner Rick Pritchett who is still a little unhappy after the way things finished at the end of last season, my mail is Tongala have offered him a power of money to play there next season!

Greg Byrne has been reappointed LBU Senior coach for the 2007 season. His appointment comes after weeks of speculation. Byrne got the job ahead of two other candidates in ex VFA Legand Gary "Spike" Milligan and club Stalwart Brad "Bundie" Mundie. Great news for cats supporters, although a number of players from 2006 are yet to resign, including Dobby Dobson who may be heading up north for 12 months with his girlfriend, Andrew Palmer who could be heading back to Rochy and last years B&F winner Rick Pritchett who is still a little unhappy after the way things finished at the end of last season, my mail is Tongala have offered him a power of money to play there next season!

Where did you get your mail delivered from Bar Fridge?
He was spoken to by Tongala a month ago and no money was mentioned and he didnt know what he was going to do, maybe Echuca. No contact has been made since.

I believe the proposed Draw for 2007 includes an earlier start to the season on April 14th with Doona's Coaching Career with the Roos to commence against the Reigning Premiers Mt.Pleasant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great News for the Cattery ... Not sure about your mail on Mundie applying Barfridge, talked with him @ the weekend and he had no intensions of doing the job should that problem arise .
Also heard a few Heathcote boys along with some other well respected football identities were up at the LBU major sponsors in OPT nightclub at the weekend. Perhaps a few signing ? ? ... read into it what you will.:D

Did hear Mr Mowvember himself " Newth" has been carving it up down at the Bamawm oval and has cancelled all up coming golfing and fishing trips to look after himself a bit .... perhaps he is looking for a spot in that LBU midfield he has been so desperately after for so long !

Where did you get your mail delivered from Bar Fridge?
He was spoken to by Tongala a month ago and no money was mentioned and he didnt know what he was going to do, maybe Echuca. No contact has been made since.

If he spoke to Tonny and no money was mentioned then he wont be playing there in 2007 Hank my friend!

Great News for the Cattery ... Not sure about your mail on Mundie applying Barfridge, talked with him @ the weekend and he had no intensions of doing the job should that problem arise .
Also heard a few Heathcote boys along with some other well respected football identities were up at the LBU major sponsors in OPT nightclub at the weekend. Perhaps a few signing ? ? ... read into it what you will.:D

Did hear Mr Mowvember himself " Newth" has been carving it up down at the Bamawm oval and has cancelled all up coming golfing and fishing trips to look after himself a bit .... perhaps he is looking for a spot in that LBU midfield he has been so desperately after for so long !

Spoke to a couple of blokes on the committee Baz and they were of the impression he did apply or showed interest any way! I think because Byrne took so long to reapply Brad may have spoke to them and said if u guys were in trouble he might help out! Haven't herd any thing about the Heathcote boys, they are looking pretty good at this stage so i think that might be all gospel! Haven't seen Newthy for a couple of weeks and the mow was looking ok then, but Newth could do all the running he likes but you and i both no Baz he's still to slow for the midfield!

Spoke to a couple of blokes on the committee Baz and they were of the impression he did apply or showed interest any way! I think because Byrne took so long to reapply Brad may have spoke to them and said if u guys were in trouble he might help out! Haven't herd any thing about the Heathcote boys, they are looking pretty good at this stage so i think that might be all gospel! Haven't seen Newthy for a couple of weeks and the mow was looking ok then, but Newth could do all the running he likes but you and i both no Baz he's still to slow for the midfield!

Hey Fridge last time you spoke to Mr Newth did he say anything about pulling on a bloods jumper like what was reported on this thread earlier? He was follwing Roo haha

I did hear there was a few in the OPT nightclub saty night and it was even mentioned that our leading underage scribe Nesko was in there!!
Have you got a bussie job in there young Nesko?!!.

LBU vs Elmore is another blockbuster on the cards for Round 1 next year.

I did hear there was a few in the OPT nightclub saty night and it was even mentioned that our leading underage scribe Nesko was in there!!
Have you got a bussie job in there young Nesko?!!.

LBU vs Elmore is another blockbuster on the cards for Round 1 next year.

I was in that fine establishment saturday, every1 should get down there and have a beer... Underage? Nah not me OTM, I'm 20 mate must of got a bit of bad info there. I havnt got a job there but hey wouldnt mind 1 need a bit of extra $$$

If he spoke to Tonny and no money was mentioned then he wont be playing there in 2007 Hank my friend!

Faie enough mate, but not one to talk dollars straight up, if not interested before the remuneration gets sorted then probably not worth following up! But we will see what he has to say when we catch up again.

Hey Fridge last time you spoke to Mr Newth did he say anything about pulling on a bloods jumper like what was reported on this thread earlier? He was follwing Roo haha

He didn't say but i would seriously doubt it now that Roo Byrne has got the job! LBU is still looking for an assistant coach with Pritchett considered a very slim chance to take the job on again! They have been speaking to former Echuca/Echuca United player Sean Murphy who is a high leaping CHF/FF kicked 50 odd goals a couple of seasons back with the Murray Bombers, he is good friends with the Martin Bros!

Faie enough mate, but not one to talk dollars straight up, if not interested before the remuneration gets sorted then probably not worth following up! But we will see what he has to say when we catch up again.

Yeah was having a few quiet ones with him a few weeks back Bulgar and he said if he could't get things sorted out with LBU then he was going to try and chase a bit of coin, so we will wait and see how it all pans out mate! Wouldn't be surprised if he heads back to Echuca!

Hey Bloodhound

Appreciate your defence of your club

Lets be honest another GF performance will prove me and the football public wrong

Your team need to stop spruiking and deliver on GF stage, this is where you create the culture of winning

You are right, I don't know anything about your club but the outer football public judge you on your GF performances

If you can win 07 I will congratulate you

I agree that to win the respect of the footballing fraternity you need to win Grand finals simple as that.

But instead of saying that you made unfounded comments about infighting at the club and specific players who you know nothing about.

There's a big difference in you initial post and what you have said here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back