Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best that I could come up with.

Backs; Korto13, Roota#6, Old Saint
Half Backs; HillBully, Blackvelvert, Brentmeistergeneral
Centres; Showmethemoney, The Old Sow Pig, Nesko25
Half forwards; Blackbeard, Big Ump, Conrad
Forwards; Andypipkin, Oldmanemu, Gillabbey24

Rucks; Bloodhound, We'restreaking, Teddy
Int; Froffie Monster, the ghost who walks, Trottyboya, Fantom Maggot

Coach; Doona2

Come up with a couple of logistical problems. The centre half back will probably look for the centre half forward all of the time but won't be able to find him! Probably won't see much of Trottyboya as he won't be able to drag himself out of the Top and the Hillbully might be a bit slow off the back flank. We'restreaking might have his mind on other things and Showmethemoney might not be in it for the love of it. Korto's the stand over man and Teddy is the crap rover. Gillabbey in the forward pocket so as he can take a close look at the game. All in all though Doona, I'm pretty happy with the set up, up to you now to get the changes and rotations right and we should be OK:D:D:D

RWB Waterboy and Runner:D

Look we all should come to terms with ourselves that the Hcote seniors has lost their shit n are no contenders for finals. They're better off sitting on the sidelines, sinking a few beers and supporting the netballers that are going somewhere this season. what ya reckon fellas?
i hear what you are saying rat but i believe you guys are not on your own, with another couple of teams in the same boat, who thoght they would be more than competitive this year
WHITE HILLS =change of the guard but on the up
NORTH BENDIGO= change of the committee and not far off being a force in the near future
LOCKINGTON= who need a change at the top of the coaching chain and maybe some fresh ideas
BROADFORD= cant realy give you any reason personally, but the clubs turn around has been nothing but positive and that reflects on and off the ground.not kissing your arse DOONA but you must take some sort of credit {and credit to you}

and a whisper today that roo byrne is thinking about retiring and the one time cheatley medalist {dobby} might be on his way back home to play with the hoops once again next year. as i said only a whisper but it was a loud one:D:D:D

Coach; Doona2

Come up with a couple of logistical problems. The centre half back will probably look for the centre half forward all of the time but won't be able to find him! Probably won't see much of Trottyboya as he won't be able to drag himself out of the Top and the Hillbully might be a bit slow off the back flank. We'restreaking might have his mind on other things and Showmethemoney might not be in it for the love of it. Korto's the stand over man and Teddy is the crap rover. Gillabbey in the forward pocket so as he can take a close look at the game. All in all though Doona, I'm pretty happy with the set up, up to you now to get the changes and rotations right and we should be OK:D:D:D

a bit concerned about myself RWB, that DOONA's big footy team {of the century }might be struck down with a series of injury and the ghost might have to put his beveridge down to make the numbers up on the field.

great job with your selections and effort ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RWB for president, treasurer and chairman of selectors..:thumbsu::thumbsu: and barman

Coach; Doona2

Very happy to see that you could sneak me into this side RWB. It is an honour :thumbsu:

You must be playing some good footy Roota as you have pushed tilt carter out of the square. The piece of turf he once owned:D

From what I hear Tilt you should be playing footy down back, however they tell me you are to unaccountable to play up that end of the field:)
Only going on what I have been told mate.

Coach; Doona2

Not to sure about that one mate. On The Money, Farva, diggidog, HJ and Stringy are unlucky to miss. Think Bloodhound! might be a bit undersize to play in the ruck, change him with Andy

i hear what you are saying rat but i believe you guys are not on your own, with another couple of teams in the same boat, who thoght they would be more than competitive this year
WHITE HILLS =change of the guard but on the up
NORTH BENDIGO= change of the committee and not far off being a force in the near future
LOCKINGTON= who need a change at the top of the coaching chain and maybe some fresh ideas
BROADFORD= cant realy give you any reason personally, but the clubs turn around has been nothing but positive and that reflects on and off the ground.not kissing your arse DOONA but you must take some sort of credit {and credit to you}

and a whisper today that roo byrne is thinking about retiring and the one time cheatley medalist {dobby} might be on his way back home to play with the hoops once again next year. as i said only a whisper but it was a loud one:D:D:D

Would be handy to have old Dobby back, make the middle look along stronger with Bongy and O'Brien already in there and that would release Newth to go forward.

Has anyone been on the KDFL, Doona has his own thread!

Football restructure needed

by Matt Nicholls

THERE was an overwhelming response to my article published last week on the future of the Riddell District Football League.
I received phone calls from a number of people, mostly those currently involved with the RDFL at some level, but a number from outside the competition.
I spoke to the Ballarat Football League CEO, two people from clubs within the Central Murray Football League, and representatives from AFL Victoria and the VCFL.
The article has seemingly created widespread interest across football circles throughout the state.
On popular internet website www.bigfooty.com there has been a number of interesting comments about the concept.
For those who missed The Free Press last week, the article was an opinion piece on how the RDFL could expand its wings to become a two-division competition.
I spoke about clubs such as Wallan, Gisborne, Sunbury, Darley, Bacchus Marsh and Kyneton joining the competition to make it one of the most powerful in Victoria.
While much of the feedback I received was positive, there was a fair share of backlash too.
Ballarat Football League CEO Rod Ward told me last week that if my concept took off, it would significantly hurt his competition, as the idea involved five BFL clubs returning to their former home in the Riddell District.
Mr Ward’s comments were fair, but football is now a cut-throat industry where every league is out for itself.
Darley, Melton, Sunbury and Melton South are all original RDFL clubs and all have their juniors in the Riddell District competition.
If not for the RDFL’s dramatic fall from power 10 years ago, it is unlikely the Ballarat Football League would have these sides competing.
FLOW ON EFFECT
Across Victoria, there are dozens of football leagues that need to be restructured.
If you are to change the RDFL, it will have significant implications on neighbouring leagues such as the Bendigo and Ballarat competitions.
To fix those competitions you need to add from neighbouring leagues which creates a huge flow-on effect.
It is my opinion that the VCFL and AFL Victoria need to sit down with a big whiteboard, forget history for a minute, and fix a fast growing problem in football.
Almost every football competition in the state has geographical problems.
Some competitions are played in a close proximity, but there is a real difference in standard between the top and bottom sides in those leagues.
In around an hour, I sat down with a map and list of football leagues and ladders and came up with this possible league reformation, using clubs from the Riddell District, Bendigo, Ballarat, Central Highlands, Maryborough-Castlemaine, Heathcote District and Kyabram District football leagues.
There were 77 clubs in those seven competitions, and taking into account that Strathfieldsaye (near Bendigo) is likely to have a senior club up and running next year, this is how my restructured format worked out.

LEAGUE 1 – Riddell District Football League
Div 1: Gisborne, Kyneton, Bacchus Marsh, Sunbury Lions, Melton, Darley, Melton South, Riddell, and Woodend-Hesket.
Div 2: Kilmore, Wallan, Romsey, Lancefield, Sunbury Kangaroos, Diggers Rest, Macedon, Rockbank, Trentham, and Melton Central.

LEAGUE 2 – Bendigo Football League
Div 1: Golden Square, Sandhurst, South Bendigo, Kangaroo Flat, Eaglehawk, Harcourt, Elmore, Colbinabbin, Mount Pleasant, and Castlemaine.

LEAGUE 3 – Ballarat Football League
Div 1: Ballarat, East Point, Lake Wendouree, Redan, Sebastopol, Maryborough, North City, Daylesford, Hepburn, and Learmonth.

LEAGUE 4 – Heathcote District Football League
Div 1: Broadford, Heathcote, Avenel, North Bendigo, White Hills, Yea, Nagambie, Rushworth, Huntly, and Strathfieldsaye (new club to be formed next year).

LEAGUE 5 – Kyabram District Football League
Div 1: Ardmona, Girgarre, Lancaster, Merrigum, Murchison, Stanhope, Tallygaroopna, Undera, Violet Town.

LEAGUE 6 – Central Highlands Football League (merged with MCDFL)
Div 1: Waubra, Avoca, Ballan, Dunnstown, Bungaree, Buninyong, Campbell’s Creek, Carisbrook, Maryborough Rovers, and Talbot.
Div 2: Royal Park, Newstead, Dunolly, Gordon, Beaufort, Creswick, Clunes, Springbank, Newlyn, and Maldon.

Obviously VCFL and AFL Victoria experts would be better placed to make judgements on such radical changes to the above football leagues, but it certainly is something that should be considered.
No doubt the football sidelines will be swarming with discussion about this issue on Saturday as this topic continues to grow legs.

Would be handy to have old Dobby back, make the middle look along stronger with Bongy and O'Brien already in there and that would release Newth to go forward.

Has anyone been on the KDFL, Doona has his own thread!

Maybe KDFL want their ratings up i have all ready sent in a quote everyone jump on and do the same and help out KDFL:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

by Matt Nicholls

THERE was an overwhelming response to my article published last week on the future of the Riddell District Football League.
I received phone calls from a number of people, mostly those currently involved with the RDFL at some level, but a number from outside the competition.
I spoke to the Ballarat Football League CEO, two people from clubs within the Central Murray Football League, and representatives from AFL Victoria and the VCFL.
The article has seemingly created widespread interest across football circles throughout the state.
On popular internet website www.bigfooty.com there has been a number of interesting comments about the concept.
For those who missed The Free Press last week, the article was an opinion piece on how the RDFL could expand its wings to become a two-division competition.
I spoke about clubs such as Wallan, Gisborne, Sunbury, Darley, Bacchus Marsh and Kyneton joining the competition to make it one of the most powerful in Victoria.
While much of the feedback I received was positive, there was a fair share of backlash too.
Ballarat Football League CEO Rod Ward told me last week that if my concept took off, it would significantly hurt his competition, as the idea involved five BFL clubs returning to their former home in the Riddell District.
Mr Ward’s comments were fair, but football is now a cut-throat industry where every league is out for itself.
Darley, Melton, Sunbury and Melton South are all original RDFL clubs and all have their juniors in the Riddell District competition.
If not for the RDFL’s dramatic fall from power 10 years ago, it is unlikely the Ballarat Football League would have these sides competing.
FLOW ON EFFECT
Across Victoria, there are dozens of football leagues that need to be restructured.
If you are to change the RDFL, it will have significant implications on neighbouring leagues such as the Bendigo and Ballarat competitions.
To fix those competitions you need to add from neighbouring leagues which creates a huge flow-on effect.
It is my opinion that the VCFL and AFL Victoria need to sit down with a big whiteboard, forget history for a minute, and fix a fast growing problem in football.
Almost every football competition in the state has geographical problems.
Some competitions are played in a close proximity, but there is a real difference in standard between the top and bottom sides in those leagues.
In around an hour, I sat down with a map and list of football leagues and ladders and came up with this possible league reformation, using clubs from the Riddell District, Bendigo, Ballarat, Central Highlands, Maryborough-Castlemaine, Heathcote District and Kyabram District football leagues.
There were 77 clubs in those seven competitions, and taking into account that Strathfieldsaye (near Bendigo) is likely to have a senior club up and running next year, this is how my restructured format worked out.

Div 1: Gisborne, Kyneton, Bacchus Marsh, Sunbury Lions, Melton, Darley, Melton South, Riddell, and Woodend-Hesket.
Div 2: Kilmore, Wallan, Romsey, Lancefield, Sunbury Kangaroos, Diggers Rest, Macedon, Rockbank, Trentham, and Melton Central.

Div 1: Golden Square, Sandhurst, South Bendigo, Kangaroo Flat, Eaglehawk, Harcourt, Elmore, Colbinabbin, Mount Pleasant, and Castlemaine.

Div 1: Ballarat, East Point, Lake Wendouree, Redan, Sebastopol, Maryborough, North City, Daylesford, Hepburn, and Learmonth.

Div 1: Broadford, Heathcote, Avenel, North Bendigo, White Hills, Yea, Nagambie, Rushworth, Huntly, and Strathfieldsaye (new club to be formed next year).

Div 1: Ardmona, Girgarre, Lancaster, Merrigum, Murchison, Stanhope, Tallygaroopna, Undera, Violet Town.

Div 1: Waubra, Avoca, Ballan, Dunnstown, Bungaree, Buninyong, Campbell’s Creek, Carisbrook, Maryborough Rovers, and Talbot.
Div 2: Royal Park, Newstead, Dunolly, Gordon, Beaufort, Creswick, Clunes, Springbank, Newlyn, and Maldon.

Obviously VCFL and AFL Victoria experts would be better placed to make judgements on such radical changes to the above football leagues, but it certainly is something that should be considered.
No doubt the football sidelines will be swarming with discussion about this issue on Saturday as this topic continues to grow legs.

You would not of thought all this up you must have some one feeding you this information come clean is this going to happen or it's all dribble
or have you taken this idea from the Northern FL and then you have made the rest up????

You would not of thought all this up you must have some one feeding you this information come clean is this going to happen or it's all dribble
or have you taken this idea from the Northern FL and then you have made the rest up????

Believe it or not no one is feeding me this stuff. It's something I'm passionate about. Apologies to Lockington-Bamawm United fans, they should be in the KDFL.

Div 2: Royal Park, Newstead, Dunolly, Gordon, Beaufort, Creswick, Clunes, Springbank, Newlyn, and Maldon..

Believe it or not no one is feeding me this stuff. It's something I'm passionate about. Apologies to Lockington-Bamawm United fans, they should be in the KDFL.

To me the Bendigo/Calder region is sound and doesn't need a revamp, for me it's the Goulburn Murray region where the real drama's are. KDFL, PDFL, BDFL, Coreen, Hume, O & K comps this is where the VCFL need to look at things due to travelling mainly.

HDFL is fine, will be better with Strath will be a top little 10 team comp. Talk of Avenel, Nagambie coming in is not on when Murch and Stanhope are closer- either way not in the equation. LBU to KDFL is silly from a travel aspect alone.

Hats off to Matty for having a go but in all seriousness it's a VCFL/Football Victoria issue and until they rejig things up north footy in our little area is fine as it is.

To me the Bendigo/Calder region is sound and doesn't need a revamp, for me it's the Goulburn Murray region where the real drama's are. KDFL, PDFL, BDFL, Coreen, Hume, O & K comps this is where the VCFL need to look at things due to travelling mainly.

HDFL is fine, will be better with Strath will be a top little 10 team comp. Talk of Avenel, Nagambie coming in is not on when Murch and Stanhope are closer- either way not in the equation. LBU to KDFL is silly from a travel aspect alone.

Hats off to Matty for having a go but in all seriousness it's a VCFL/Football Victoria issue and until they rejig things up north footy in our little area is fine as it is.

Anyway what league do you really support?????:D

Well put Doona, I don't travel that far on my holidays. The thirds would need to leave before sun up.

Coach; Doona2

Thanks for the gig RWB, Where should I send the cheque? The last time the Fantom got a run was as a replacement for the one legged dude who couldn't play cause he made it to the finals at the arsse kickin competition.:D.
Just by chance I made a trip to Scott St on the weekend and watched a game of football that I believe should have sent a message to all and sundry that there are more than two teams in this comp coming up to the finals. Accolades from the Fantom to the Hillsmen for an effort that I believe was a winning one although the scoreboard didn't reflect this. Anyone else at this game care to comment? In my humble opinion there appeared to be a bit of "push the man in the back and take the mark" going on and a blind eye being turned.

Fantom:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oh Yeah, A push in the back is a PUSH in the back. The law is the law, is the law!

Thanks for the gig RWB, Where should I send the cheque? The last time the Fantom got a run was as a replacement for the one legged dude who couldn't play cause he made it to the finals at the arsse kickin competition.:D.
Just by chance I made a trip to Scott St on the weekend and watched a game of football that I believe should have sent a message to all and sundry that there are more than two teams in this comp coming up to the finals. Accolades from the Fantom to the Hillsmen for an effort that I believe was a winning one although the scoreboard didn't reflect this. Anyone else at this game care to comment? In my humble opinion there appeared to be a bit of "push the man in the back and take the mark" going on and a blind eye being turned.

Oh Yeah, A push in the back is a PUSH in the back. The law is the law, is the law!

We are in some quality company in this side Fantom!!! Make sure you make an impact when you get your chance :thumbsu:

We are in some quality company in this side Fantom!!! Make sure you make an impact when you get your chance :thumbsu:

Thanks Roota I'll be sure to have a dip. Be just my luck though that the umpire would be my cousin "F'in White Maggot". Is there likely to be a team photo??????

Sit Devil, Sit!

I think the two umpire associations need to talk to each other as they both seem to have different views on the rule.
Its a bit hard when week to week the umpires call it completely different and as we are all aware as players they are NEVER wrong.
As for the game fantom i think it was great from a spectators point of view and frustrating from a players. Sometimes you just wish that the boys in white or orange would let the game flow.
Did you watch all four quarters:confused:

Footy is back in Tooborac on Sunday the 26th of August, all past players, officials and supporters are welcome to attend. Junior game starts around 11.00am where the senior game kicks off at 2.00pm, anyone welcome to participate. Back to the pub afterwards where the beer will be flowing :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back