Hff_07 Phantom Draft - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think that we will draft 2 midfielders with picks 17, 19 seeing this is the last real draft year i believe that we have to draft key position players with at least pick 1 and 17 or 19. I do agree though that we need a midfielder with pace.

I disagree. We have arguably the worst midfield in the competition. With Watts at 1 and Garland, Martin, Frawley, and Warnock as developing tall defenders plus Rivers, I'd prefer we take mids with picks 17/18 or 19.

there were two players that i believe will go earlier - vickery which is being addressed but the other one is mckernan. i'd be extremely surprised if he lasted until r2. outside of that i have my top 14 very similar.

I disagree. We have arguably the worst midfield in the competition. With Watts at 1 and Garland, Martin, Frawley, and Warnock as developing tall defenders plus Rivers, I'd prefer we take mids with picks 17/18 or 19.

Yer but our midfield has Jones, Mclean, Moloney, grimes, mcdonald( probably too old for next campain)who are all capable of getting inside ball with Morton, Buckley, davey, petterd as outside runners. We do however need to add speed to that midfield because buckley and davey are our only player who break lines.

On the other hard our forward line is Robbo(too old), Miller(unrealiable), Newton(cant get a senior game) and bate who is more a 3 tall option. This year i think we have to add 2 more talls (Watts and Lewis Johnson or someone) to give us a strong forward line

err....who are the nice developing rucks we have :confused:

You're right about needing a tall forward though. Watts looks the goods for an underage kid. Will be very interesting to see where he and Naitanui go.

Edit: Forgot to add. We have a heap of inside ball winning mids. Jones, McLean and Grimes are our standouts, we really need some fast guys to compliment them. So with that in mind I'd imagine that with our PP we'd look at a kid like Blease if available.

Good effort though.

Gee wont that be a young forward line.

HF. Davey Newton Wonnameri
FF. Maric Watts Robbo

Hawks beat us to Lisle and Broadbent?

*bursts into tears*

Great effort mate, but I'm not sure about the selections for the Cats. Suban is 10cm shorter than Milburn and looks more of a mid than a medium-tall; Sloane maybe but I'd be surprised as we've already got Donohue and Djekurra.

Still, very interesting reading.

I wish people would stop giving us Johnstone and Shoenmakers because their Adelaide boys.

I'm hoping Sidebottom and Rockliff come our way.

Johnston, cause you need a genuine key forward, and Shoenmakers as he is a very good third tall option, Rockliff maybe, but I doubt you would pick up Sidebottom, your midfield group is coming along very nicely, with the likes of VanBerlo, Vince, Douglas (Occasionaly) to name oa few. Look to the future, thats all.

As for Richmond, I have finished rectifying this draft and have finished up to the third round, and they have picked up a ruckmen, will not tell you who, but is a steal IMO, ;)

Johnston, cause you need a genuine key forward, and Shoenmakers as he is a very good third tall option, Rockliff maybe, but I doubt you would pick up Sidebottom, your midfield group is coming along very nicely, with the likes of VanBerlo, Vince, Douglas (Occasionaly) to name oa few. Look to the future, thats all.

As for Richmond, I have finished rectifying this draft and have finished up to the third round, and they have picked up a ruckmen, will not tell you who, but is a steal IMO, ;)

Thing is we have Walker Sellar and Tippett being groomed as tall forwards, Maybe one more but not 2.

Tippett FF Sellar CHF and Walker as the leading 3rd tall to boot 50 next year.

You can always chuck mids here and there. Maybe another KPD or KPF but not 2, Maybe another ruck, but late pick, more a prospect guy.

We'll be looking for more pace again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIC 5 - ESSENDON -

MICHAEL HURLEY

Got their man here, they were hoping for and got their man. will fill the whole that Michael and Fletcher will leave.

PICK 23 - ESSENDON

JORDAN ROUGHEAD

Have a feeling, we may go for height here, and with Roughead still available, also allows us to get a KPP too.

Would be extremely happy picking up Hurley, but not interested in Jordan Roughy at all. Looks very slow and doesn't get down and dirty often enough, would look at him in round 4 if he is still there but besides that, he isn't good enough to go in the top 3 rounds imo. Better available, imo of course.

PICK 1 - MELBOURNE -

PIC 5 - ESSENDON -

MICHAEL HURLEY

Got their man here, they were hoping for and got their man. will fill the whole that Michael and Fletcher will leave.

please let it be true!!!!
i would be stoked if that happened. But tbh i think Port might go after him. if natanui isnt available by ports pick then i think they will pick hurley..

however i would be pretty happy with harlett as well

Would be extremely happy picking up Hurley, but not interested in Jordan Roughy at all. Looks very slow and doesn't get down and dirty often enough, would look at him in round 4 if he is still there but besides that, he isn't good enough to go in the top 3 rounds imo. Better available, imo of course.

Agree. The only genuine ruckman that should be picked up in the 1st 2 rounds are Naitanui and Vickery.

Happy with Hurley (as I've said before he's the one I want), but not liking Jordan Roughead. I'd hope we'd take Jay Shannon instead.

I am seriously looking at looking at Shannon, just thought that Roughead was a more versatile option for us, that;s all. I would like Shannon in the fourth round, but I dare say he will be snapped up in the late second early third rounds,

please let it be true!!!!
i would be stoked if that happened. But tbh i think Port might go after him. if natanui isnt available by ports pick then i think they will pick hurley..

however i would be pretty happy with harlett as well

My thinking behind Port not taking Hurley, they already have some very promising Key Position defenders in Chaplin (23y.o, 196cm, 97kg), Thurstans (28y.o, 196cm, 93kg), Carlisle (21y.o, 192cm, 95kg) and also have a good rookie defender coming through the ranks, Gavin Grose (192cm, 94kg – from Mt Gravatt).
In fact they may surprise us all and take a Tyrone Vickery, as he is a genuine ruckmen, that plays forward (covers both stocks) he may very well be a bolter ( if not already).
But I do agree with a few people on here now, that, if NicNat is available with the Power’s third pick then Mark Wiliams will have no doubt he will take him.

Thing is we have Walker Sellar and Tippett being groomed as tall forwards, Maybe one more but not 2.

Tippett FF Sellar CHF and Walker as the leading 3rd tall to boot 50 next year.

You can always chuck mids here and there. Maybe another KPD or KPF but not 2, Maybe another ruck, but late pick, more a prospect guy.

We'll be looking for more pace again this year.

I just think that he would suit your style of play, and would slot nicely into CHF. If not then I am almost certain that someone else will pick up Johnston in the first round, second best tall forward in the draft.

just wondering theres a bloke from samdy dragons mitch brown absolute freak surely hell get drafted been on sandys list for a couple of months he is a great mark very courageous great skills is 193 cm i reckon could be one of the best kpp in the draft. do u guys think hell get drafted and if so were bouts?

1) Melb- Watts
2) WCE- Rich
3) Port- Natinui
4) Freo- Yarran
5) Ess- Hurley
6) Rich- McKernan
7) Carlt- Vickery
8) Bris- Ziebell
9)STK- DeBoer
10)ADEL- Harlett
11)COLL- Sidebottom
12)NTH- Scully
13)SYD- Robinson
14)WB- Cornelius
15)HAWKS- Lynch
16)Cats- Suban
17)Melb(pp)- Zaharkis
18)Melb- S.Hill
19)WCE- M.Walters
20)Port- L.Johnston
21)Freo- C.Pearce
22)Ess- J.Lisle
23)Rich- Rockliff
24)Carl- Roughhead
25)Bris- Salter
26)Stk- Gotch
27)Adel- Broadbent
26)Coll- Banner
29)Nth- Shuey
30)Syd- Klemke
31)WB- Okeefe
32)Hawk- Blease
33)Cats- Heyne

Thats as close as I could get but its a real toss up as we dont know how trading is going to go.

Eagle Ant, from a Carlton point of view, i think Vickery is a very good pick if Hurley, Hartlett and Ziebell are gone. If one of them are still available i'm pretty sure we will pick that player. On our second round pick i'm very sure we will take one of the key forwards/backman that will be available. From the players i believe will still be available, we'll take one of Ryan Schoenmakers, Tom Lynch, Paul Cahill or Jordan Lisle.

Other observations, i can't see Hartlett dropping that far, he is way to classy and i'm sure St.Kilda wouldn't take DeBoer over him. Is one of the reason's you think he'll drop is because Ebert did last year? or do you not rate him that highly? The other picks don't look to bad but i can't see Blease or Heyne dropping that fair to be honest. Also do you have some inside info of Yarran going to Freo or is it just what you think will happen? By the way Cordy will go F/S to the Dogs, most likely at pick 15, if not definitely at there second rounder pick.

Scully is underaged so he can't be drafted this year by the way so that might change a few things.

1) Melb- Watts
2) WCE- Rich
3) Port- Natinui
4) Freo- Yarran
5) Ess- Hurley
6) Rich- McKernan
7) Carlt- Vickery
8) Bris- Ziebell
9)STK- DeBoer
10)ADEL- Harlett
11)COLL- Sidebottom
12)NTH- Scully
13)SYD- Robinson
14)WB- Cornelius
15)HAWKS- Lynch
16)Cats- Suban
17)Melb(pp)- Zaharkis
18)Melb- S.Hill
19)WCE- M.Walters
20)Port- L.Johnston
21)Freo- C.Pearce
22)Ess- J.Lisle
23)Rich- Rockliff
24)Carl- Roughhead
25)Bris- Salter
26)Stk- Gotch
27)Adel- Broadbent
26)Coll- Banner
29)Nth- Shuey
30)Syd- Klemke
31)WB- Okeefe
32)Hawk- Blease
33)Cats- Heyne

Thats as close as I could get but its a real toss up as we dont know how trading is going to go.

not eligible this year mate..
but a very spot on phantom
well done

Remove this Banner Ad

Hff_07 Phantom Draft - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back