Hff_07 Phantom Draft - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if Collingwood finish below Brisbane on the ladder they will snap up Sidebottom. If they happen to finish above the lions i have them taking a roughie with Blease..like Heyne i think Hine would like him. What are your thoughts on this HFF?

you have to bear in mindm your personell already, yes I could see Hine taking Heyne, but then again it is collingwood. :Dwe never really now with them, they always keep you guessing. As for blease to the pies, I doubt that would happen, they have wellingham, who seems to play that similar run and carry small wingman, Heyne, is more a utility, can play tall, or small, thats all.

I am also sceptical on who the pies pick up, the pies have all of Maxwell, O'Brien, Goldsack, Brown, Casey-Leigh (R) all playing as tall defenders, thats why I find it hard too see them picking up a tall, especially with a first rounder. thats all.

As for sidebottom, his pace in general is not great, he does not have overly wuick legspeed, he is more a hbf than a midfielder, you have Shaw playing that role and is much better than Sidebottom, IMO.;)

PICK 16 - GEELONG

NICK SUBAN, Best available here, and that is Suban
Does anyone think Suban will drop lower?
Since he doesnt have the best speed and just is hard to tackle he may fall down in the draft.

Can anyone tell me where they think Rockcliff and Mackenzie will go?

I find Mackenzie a talented player... who will go late in the draft who we can snap up at about 60.

Does anyone think Suban will drop lower?
Since he doesnt have the best speed and just is hard to tackle he may fall down in the draft.

Can anyone tell me where they think Rockcliff and Mackenzie will go?

I find Mackenzie a talented player... who will go late in the draft who we can snap up at about 60.

No way, should definitely go first round in my books. Not top 10 material, but should go first round imo, great leadership qualities and nice skills. Pace the only real issue, but is a handy sprinter. Rockliff imo will go somewhere in the second round, noteable goal-kicker who has genuine footy smarts, a bit like Addam Maric from Melbourne.

No way, should definitely go first round in my books. Not top 10 material, but should go first round imo, great leadership qualities and nice skills. Pace the only real issue, but is a handy sprinter. Rockliff imo will go somewhere in the second round, noteable goal-kicker who has genuine footy smarts, a bit like Addam Maric from Melbourne.
Cheers :):thumbsu:

you have to bear in mindm your personell already, yes I could see Hine taking Heyne, but then again it is collingwood. :Dwe never really now with them, they always keep you guessing. As for blease to the pies, I doubt that would happen, they have wellingham, who seems to play that similar run and carry small wingman, Heyne, is more a utility, can play tall, or small, thats all.

I am also sceptical on who the pies pick up, the pies have all of Maxwell, O'Brien, Goldsack, Brown, Casey-Leigh (R) all playing as tall defenders, thats why I find it hard too see them picking up a tall, especially with a first rounder. thats all.

As for sidebottom, his pace in general is not great, he does not have overly wuick legspeed, he is more a hbf than a midfielder, you have Shaw playing that role and is much better than Sidebottom, IMO.;)

If Ziebell and Hartlett are gone by Collingwood's first pick, and that seems likely, someone like Yarran might come into the frame. Although he's seen as small forward first and a mid second, he apparently played very well in Rd20 of the WAFL when he spent much more time in the middle. (A couple of the goals he kicked from the midfield were special.) If clubs are confident he has the capacity to develop into more than a part-time mid, Yarran could go very early. Much earlier than predicted in a lot of phantom drafts.

Fantastic talent is Yarran, but the only thing stopping him from going top 6 or so is that he hasn't showed he can have large amounts of time in the midfield, and that is where footy is won and lost. Great tackling, good skills, nice turn of foot and can take a handy mark overhead, the only thing missing on his resume is his tank, whether or not he can go the distance. If he can provide a good beep test score during the draft camp, 13+ or there-abouts, he'd have to be a lock for the top 10 I would imagine.

Fantastic talent is Yarran, but the only thing stopping him from going top 6 or so is that he hasn't showed he can have large amounts of time in the midfield, and that is where footy is won and lost. Great tackling, good skills, nice turn of foot and can take a handy mark overhead, the only thing missing on his resume is his tank, whether or not he can go the distance. If he can provide a good beep test score during the draft camp, 13+ or there-abouts, he'd have to be a lock for the top 10 I would imagine.

I don't think there is any doubt he's a talent but from reading around, sounds like he doesn't have the greatest attitude going around. It does show a little during games as he does go missing at times but when he turns it on it's mighty effective as shown in the final quarter of the Championships. Personally i think he might slip a little but not past Adelaide's pick (pick 12 atm).

I don't think there is any doubt he's a talent but from reading around, sounds like he doesn't have the greatest attitude going around. It does show a little during games as he does go missing at times but when he turns it on it's mighty effective as shown in the final quarter of the Championships. Personally i think he might slip a little but not past Adelaide's pick (pick 12 atm).

His attitude is okay imo, just gets a bit pissed off when he knows he could of done better and that's probably about it, which is normal, Brendon Fevola & Matthew Richardson have mastered that skill beautifully. :D Still tackles and applies defensive pressure when pissed off still, if anything, just urges him to do better which is a good sign. He could slide quite easily, but if he has a 13+ or there-abouts beep test, imo, you can lock in he'll be in the top 10.

I think you'll find that's bullshit.

His attitude is okay imo, just gets a bit pissed off when he knows he could of done better and that's probably about it, which is normal, Brendon Fevola & Matthew Richardson have mastered that skill beautifully. :D Still tackles and applies defensive pressure when pissed off still, if anything, just urges him to do better which is a good sign. He could slide quite easily, but if he has a 13+ or there-abouts beep test, imo, you can lock in he'll be in the top 10.

That's a good point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely, apparently was rated up with Rich before he got injured, really not sure to much about him though. Anyone (mostly likely West Australians) shed some light on him, like speed? kicking? comparisions? etc

Agree, gun player from all reports, might be a real steal when he is fit and firing, but, we may never see that though, hope so, Essendon Pick 24 - Tom Swift:p

How do you rate Ayce Cordy in comparison to Tyrone Vickery?

The reason I ask is that you've suggested the Tigers would draft Vickery, but have Cordy slide through to Footscray's second round pick. If Cordy is rated higher (and I have no idea if this true or not), would Richmond not place a bid for Cordy using this bid - thus forcing Footscray to use their 1st round selection?

Of course, if Vickery is rated higher than Cordy, then there is no such issue.

Agree, gun player from all reports, might be a real steal when he is fit and firing, but, we may never see that though, hope so, Essendon Pick 24 - Tom Swift:p

Probably very similar to the Beau Muston situation. He was rated very highly but he also had knee issues so dropped to pick 22. At the moment it hasn't paid off for the Hawks as he did his knee again this year so maybe teams might be little more hesitant this time. ATM i have him going to the Dockers at their second rounder pick, just before the Bombers pick. :p

How do you rate Ayce Cordy in comparison to Tyrone Vickery?

The reason I ask is that you've suggested the Tigers would draft Vickery, but have Cordy slide through to Footscray's second round pick. If Cordy is rated higher (and I have no idea if this true or not), would Richmond not place a bid for Cordy using this bid - thus forcing Footscray to use their 1st round selection?

Of course, if Vickery is rated higher than Cordy, then there is no such issue.

Vickery is a more versatile, all round player, I have some issues of Cordy on his pace and mobility, I fell that the tigers will take Vickery any way. he suits their needs more, cordy doesnt, he is a backmen ruckmen, they have a solid developing bacline, and dont need, any more key backs,

PICK 33 - HAWTHORN

JAY SHANNON, a little bit of Sam mitchell about him, but is just what hawthorn need, some more quality mids.

Great work, HHF_07. Nice way to waste some minutes at work today.

Just wanted to query you or anyone else knowledgeable about this player. If he has a little bit of Sam Mitchell about him, in that he's an inside midfielder, I don't think he would be high on the priorities of Hawthorn. We have Travis Tuck and Josh Kennedy at Box Hill who are both capable of playing inside mid (indeed, Kennedy's only position really is inside midfield) and, while Jordan Lewis seems to be playing more off a half-forward flank or off the wing, he was a fairly handy inside midfielder before being drafted (IIRC).

We picked up Whitecross as a speedy outside midfielder in the last draft and he's doing okay at Box Hill, but I suspect that we might want to get some more speed into our midfield to complement the hard running of Bateman and Young.

PICK 17 - MELBOURNE PP

MATT DEBOER, a really solid inside ball winner and leader.

PICK 19 - MELBOURNE

DAVID ZAHARAKIS, A tough as nails midfielder, will help the Demons midfield.

... There was criticism about your PP and 2nd rounders for Melbourne after your 1st attempt.

Your 2nd attempt looks a bit better but Melbourne won't take 2 in and under midfielders.
They already have Jones, Mclean, Grimes and Moloney playing as in and under tough as nails types, James Mcdonald will also go around for another year at least.
Melbourne need tall forwards, not 3rd tall forwards such as rockliff and lynch but actual tall forwards and outside midfielders, clearance players, small forwards and key backs are covered, a small back will be chosen later in the draft.

From the other players left over I'd think it would be better for Melbourne to take any one of the following Mckernan, Cahill, Hill, Walters and Swift over DeBoer and maybe over Zaha as well.

Also you have some question marks over mckernan? You have him pretty low...

Or if you follow every news article written this year, west coast will be involved in the most complex 16-way trade ever, that sees us trade daniel kerr to every club, for every pick in the draft. the draft will therefore look like this:

PICK 1 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

JACK WATTS

Will take the tall forward, as they have some very nice developing rucks, and are in need of a tall forward.

PICK 2 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

DANIEL RICH

Am set that WCE will take Rich to further bolster their young, up and coming midfield as their Key Positions are set, plenty of rucks available for later rounds.

PICK 3 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

HAMISH HARTLETT

They are set at both ends of the ground, and will complement their in and under hard ball players by being that outside ball carrier.

PICK 4 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

NICHOLAS NAITANUI

Will take best available and for mine it is big NicNat, they are in doubt about losing seaby so would fill that whole left by big Mark Seaby

PICk 5 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

MICHAEL HURLEY

Got their man here, they were hoping for and got their man. will fill the whole that Glass and Hunter will leave.

PICK 6 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JACK ZIEBELL

Best available here, and for mine, that is Ziebell, will really complement the young Eagles mids, have most other areas covered ok, except for the midfield.

PICK 7 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JACKSON TRENGROVE

May surprise a few people here, will be this years Joel Selwood, injuries will not deter the Eagles from taking this defender cum ****men.

PICK 8 - WEST COAST EAGLES

CHRIS YARREN

May surprise a few people here also, are looking out for some small crumbing forwards, and that is Yarren, is a classy mover who can have his turn in the midfield, just what the Eagles are after.

PICK 9 - WEST COAST EAGLES

STEELE SIDEBOTTOM

A classy midfielder, has class written all over him, will really compliment the Eagles in and under type players.

PICK 10 - WEST COAST EAGLES

MITCH ROBINSON

May surprise a few people here, but has all the attributes the Eagles are looking for.

PICK 11 - WEST COAST EAGLES

LEWIS JOHNSTON

Dont let the long locks and foolish attitude lead you own, this kid can play, has great hands and is a great contested mark, a perfect fit for the Eagles style of play, kick it long, use it well.

PICK 12 - WEST COAST EAGLES

DAVID ZAHARAKIS

A strong hard at it midfielder, perfectly suited to the Eagles style of play, and is every thing they stand for, teamwork, play for each other.

PICK 13 - WEST COAST EAGLES

AARON CORNELIUS

Will be looking to bolster their young forward stocks and Cornelius fits this, is a really good strong, smart forward.

PICK 14 - WEST COAST EAGLES

TYRONE VICKERY

Will be a slider (Albeit half a dozen spots) to the Eagles here, nobody will bid on Cordy so they will take a ruckmen cum forward in Vickery, the best all round ruck in the draft and is a steal at 14.

PICK 15 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JORDAN LISLE

May surprise a few here, but are in need of some tall timber down back and Lisle is that, will release Glass to play a roaming role, and Embley to play more through the midfield.

PICK 16 - WEST COAST EAGLES

NICK SUBAN

A hard at it, no frills defender. With the pending retirement of Braun coming on, will be looking to bolster their small defenders.

PICK 17 - WEST COAST EAGLES - PRIORITY PICK

MATT DEBOER

A hard at it inside midfield ball magnet, can win the hard ball, and that is what the Eagles are in need of.

PICK 18 - WEST COAST EAGLE - PRIORITY PICK

STEPHEN HILL

A hard running midfield utility type player, is a superb athlete and will be a steal at around 18 IMO.

PICK 19 - WEST COAST EAGLES

TOM SWIFT

A real chance here, they make take a punt on Swift, will be a steal too IMO, as he was touted as a potential first round pick before injuries struck him down.

PICK 20 - WEST COAST EAGLES

NEVILLE JETTA

Are looking for a small forward and here is their man, may be a bolter, but are what the Eagles are looking for.

PICK 21 - WEST COAST EAGLES

SHAUN MCKERNAN

Will be looking to bolster their aging ruck stocks, and this is where McKernan fits in, is a sperb player around the ground.

PICK 22 - WEST COAST EAGLES

CLANCEE PEARCE

A small defender/midfielder, would not look out of place at the Eagles, although IMO, they may go after some more genuine midfielders.

PICK 23 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JORDAN ROUGHEAD

Have a feeling, we may go for height here, and with Roughead still available, also allows us to get a KPP too.

PICK 24 - WEST COAST EAGLES

TOM ROCKLIFF

A small crumbing forward, would be a handy inlcusion for the Eagles here.

PICK 25 - WEST COAST EAGLES

SAM BLEASE

One to slide here, the Eagles will be likcing their lips when they recieve Blease here, will really help their midfield, lack some genuine pace, apart from Masten and Rich.

PICK 26 - WEST COAST EAGLES

RHYS O'KEEFE

A really good steal here for the Eagles, a player with X Factor, someone that runs and carries the ball. will be a great accuisition.

PICK 27 - WEST COAST EAGLES

NIC HEYNE

One of my other players to slide here, he may well go higher, but I see him falling into this middle of round 2 area, West Coast should be happy.

PICK 28 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JAMIE SHEEHAN

May suprise some people here, but I was really impressed with the way Jamie went with his business and will be a risk with his height, a good player none the less.

PICK 29 - WEST COAST EAGLES

RYAN SCHOENMAKERS

A playuer that really impressed people was Schoenmakers. Will become a very handy third tall for them

PICK 30 - WEST COAST EAGLES

PAUL CAHILL

One that may slide a little, Cahill has the right size to play as a KPP inthe AFL, and would be a great asset to the Eagles in 09.

PICK 31 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JAY SHANNON

A real hard at it, tough in and under type player that Worsfold loves.

PICK 32 - WEST COAST EAGLES

AYCE CORDY

Will use this pick on their father son pick, Cordy will help boost their tall stocks at Subiaco Oval

PICK 33 - WEST COAST EAGLES

MATTHEW BROADBENT

A no frills defender who runs straight lines. a really good goes and one the Eagles will look closely at IMO

PICK 34 - WEST COAST EAGLES

RORY SLOANE

A small defender cum midfielder, has KP covered so looking for more smalls to cover the losses of some older mids.

Just some thoughts on this guys, is a little rushed, so if I missed some big name players (which I think I did) let me know. but that looks ok for now. havent really sat down and gone through it 2-3 times.

Your 2nd attempt looks a bit better but Melbourne won't take 2 in and under midfielders.
DeBoer is far from in and under, loves running riot from half back and loves the uncontested footy, where he can use his pace and run.

Or if you follow every news article written this year, west coast will be involved in the most complex 16-way trade ever, that sees us trade daniel kerr to every club, for every pick in the draft. the draft will therefore look like this:

That would have taken you way too long, and you didn't even get a laugh.

Where is somebody with a humorous fail picture?

PICK 1 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

JACK WATTS

Will take the tall forward, as they have some very nice developing rucks, and are in need of a tall forward.

PICK 2 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

DANIEL RICH

Am set that WCE will take Rich to further bolster their young, up and coming midfield as their Key Positions are set, plenty of rucks available for later rounds.

PICK 3 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

HAMISH HARTLETT

They are set at both ends of the ground, and will complement their in and under hard ball players by being that outside ball carrier.

PICK 4 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

NICHOLAS NAITANUI

Will take best available and for mine it is big NicNat, they are in doubt about losing seaby so would fill that whole left by big Mark Seaby

PICk 5 - WEST COAST EAGLES -

MICHAEL HURLEY

Got their man here, they were hoping for and got their man. will fill the whole that Glass and Hunter will leave.

PICK 6 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JACK ZIEBELL

Best available here, and for mine, that is Ziebell, will really complement the young Eagles mids, have most other areas covered ok, except for the midfield.

PICK 7 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JACKSON TRENGROVE

May surprise a few people here, will be this years Joel Selwood, injuries will not deter the Eagles from taking this defender cum ****men.

PICK 8 - WEST COAST EAGLES

CHRIS YARREN

May surprise a few people here also, are looking out for some small crumbing forwards, and that is Yarren, is a classy mover who can have his turn in the midfield, just what the Eagles are after.

PICK 9 - WEST COAST EAGLES

STEELE SIDEBOTTOM

A classy midfielder, has class written all over him, will really compliment the Eagles in and under type players.

PICK 10 - WEST COAST EAGLES

MITCH ROBINSON

May surprise a few people here, but has all the attributes the Eagles are looking for.

PICK 11 - WEST COAST EAGLES

LEWIS JOHNSTON

Dont let the long locks and foolish attitude lead you own, this kid can play, has great hands and is a great contested mark, a perfect fit for the Eagles style of play, kick it long, use it well.

PICK 12 - WEST COAST EAGLES

DAVID ZAHARAKIS

A strong hard at it midfielder, perfectly suited to the Eagles style of play, and is every thing they stand for, teamwork, play for each other.

PICK 13 - WEST COAST EAGLES

AARON CORNELIUS

Will be looking to bolster their young forward stocks and Cornelius fits this, is a really good strong, smart forward.

PICK 14 - WEST COAST EAGLES

TYRONE VICKERY

Will be a slider (Albeit half a dozen spots) to the Eagles here, nobody will bid on Cordy so they will take a ruckmen cum forward in Vickery, the best all round ruck in the draft and is a steal at 14.

PICK 15 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JORDAN LISLE

May surprise a few here, but are in need of some tall timber down back and Lisle is that, will release Glass to play a roaming role, and Embley to play more through the midfield.

PICK 16 - WEST COAST EAGLES

NICK SUBAN

A hard at it, no frills defender. With the pending retirement of Braun coming on, will be looking to bolster their small defenders.

PICK 17 - WEST COAST EAGLES - PRIORITY PICK

MATT DEBOER

A hard at it inside midfield ball magnet, can win the hard ball, and that is what the Eagles are in need of.

PICK 18 - WEST COAST EAGLE - PRIORITY PICK

STEPHEN HILL

A hard running midfield utility type player, is a superb athlete and will be a steal at around 18 IMO.

PICK 19 - WEST COAST EAGLES

TOM SWIFT

A real chance here, they make take a punt on Swift, will be a steal too IMO, as he was touted as a potential first round pick before injuries struck him down.

PICK 20 - WEST COAST EAGLES

NEVILLE JETTA

Are looking for a small forward and here is their man, may be a bolter, but are what the Eagles are looking for.

PICK 21 - WEST COAST EAGLES

SHAUN MCKERNAN

Will be looking to bolster their aging ruck stocks, and this is where McKernan fits in, is a sperb player around the ground.

PICK 22 - WEST COAST EAGLES

CLANCEE PEARCE

A small defender/midfielder, would not look out of place at the Eagles, although IMO, they may go after some more genuine midfielders.

PICK 23 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JORDAN ROUGHEAD

Have a feeling, we may go for height here, and with Roughead still available, also allows us to get a KPP too.

PICK 24 - WEST COAST EAGLES

TOM ROCKLIFF

A small crumbing forward, would be a handy inlcusion for the Eagles here.

PICK 25 - WEST COAST EAGLES

SAM BLEASE

One to slide here, the Eagles will be likcing their lips when they recieve Blease here, will really help their midfield, lack some genuine pace, apart from Masten and Rich.

PICK 26 - WEST COAST EAGLES

RHYS O'KEEFE

A really good steal here for the Eagles, a player with X Factor, someone that runs and carries the ball. will be a great accuisition.

PICK 27 - WEST COAST EAGLES

NIC HEYNE

One of my other players to slide here, he may well go higher, but I see him falling into this middle of round 2 area, West Coast should be happy.

PICK 28 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JAMIE SHEEHAN

May suprise some people here, but I was really impressed with the way Jamie went with his business and will be a risk with his height, a good player none the less.

PICK 29 - WEST COAST EAGLES

RYAN SCHOENMAKERS

A playuer that really impressed people was Schoenmakers. Will become a very handy third tall for them

PICK 30 - WEST COAST EAGLES

PAUL CAHILL

One that may slide a little, Cahill has the right size to play as a KPP inthe AFL, and would be a great asset to the Eagles in 09.

PICK 31 - WEST COAST EAGLES

JAY SHANNON

A real hard at it, tough in and under type player that Worsfold loves.

PICK 32 - WEST COAST EAGLES

AYCE CORDY

Will use this pick on their father son pick, Cordy will help boost their tall stocks at Subiaco Oval

PICK 33 - WEST COAST EAGLES

MATTHEW BROADBENT

A no frills defender who runs straight lines. a really good goes and one the Eagles will look closely at IMO

PICK 34 - WEST COAST EAGLES

RORY SLOANE

A small defender cum midfielder, has KP covered so looking for more smalls to cover the losses of some older mids.

Just some thoughts on this guys, is a little rushed, so if I missed some big name players (which I think I did) let me know. but that looks ok for now. havent really sat down and gone through it 2-3 times.

That is just Stupid Mock Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hff_07 Phantom Draft - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back