Hird to have his say

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assume he was prepared to take the risk of not being caught. His job as a consultant was dependent on getting noticeable results - this was weighed up against what he thought was a narrow chance for bad fallout.

TBH, this is my main reason for supporting the continuation of the WADA code in team sports. There will always be people who do a risk assessment and decide to operate a drugs regime in a highly lucrative industry with the idea that if there isn't a test for it, it's worth the risk.

He would have also worked in full knowledge that there was no test for what he was giving the players, and if you can't test for TB4, you can't get caught for it, until those pesky Feds got involved :mad:

you think other AFL coaches double check what substances their sports science team are using?

No but i would think a coach that knows Dank was being supplied by Shane Charter would:

http://cached.newslookup.com/cached.php?ref_id=108&siteid=2101&id=1462408&t=1361365642

ESSENDON coach James Hird was questioned by police in 2004 about a biochemist - known as Dr Ageless - who was later jailed for major drug offences and has been linked to the club's supplements program.

Fairfax Media can reveal that Hird and fellow Brownlow Medallist Shane Woewodin and other stars, including Bulldogs Luke Darcy, Scott West and Simon Garlick, were listed as prosecution witnesses for Shane Charter's trial in 2006.

It is believed the players' evidence was needed to rebut Charter's possible explanation that money seized, including more than $500,000 cash, came from legitimate work as a personal trainer and dietary adviser.

art-353-hird-300x0.jpg

James Hird. Photo: Getty Images

They were not ultimately called because Charter later pleaded guilty to charges of importing pseudoephedrine - with an estimated street-level value of between $13 million and $30 million - and ephedrine, trafficking a commercial quantity of pseudoephedrine and trafficking mostly steroid agents including testosterone and nandrolone.

Advertisement
He also agreed to become a Crown witness.

Does Hird realise the people tuning in aren't doing so for the truth anymore, but rather to see what porky he says next so they can laugh about it with workmates?
Indeed. It's almost impossible to believe a word Hird says, so there's only the comedic value now.

my view is he coached, and just assumed Dank was doing what he was instructed to do. I dont think Dank deliberately doped the players. I think he didnt realise TB4 was banned, as he revealed to McKenzie

The main problem with this defence is the bombers and Hird have never used it.

It is a PR gold nugget yet not once have they even alluded to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would have also worked in full knowledge that there was no test for what he was giving the players, and if you can't test for TB4, you can't get caught for it, until those pesky Feds got involved :mad:

stop looking at the forest and focus on the trees.

if asada could have used the acc intelligence would have been long over but much much worse

stop looking at the forest and focus on the trees.

if asada could have used the acc intelligence would have been long over but much much worse

Absolutely, the full truth,if it ever got to the busy public would have buried the EFC for its 2012 regime all the way to China.

Had to laugh at Slobbo last night not jigging to the enormity of what Vlad was trying to tell him about backing the wrong horse in Hird.

Vlad: "I know a lot more than you do".

Vlad had read the unredacted ACC Report.

Does Hird realise the people tuning in aren't doing so for the truth anymore, but rather to see what porky he says next so they can laugh about it with workmates?

The football world has waited 3 years to hear from Hird, and instead he has chosen to hide behind lawyers when not sojourning overseas. Nothing he says now holds any consequence to this case whatsoever. He's just wasting his breath and proving to the football world what a fool he has been. He had me fooled. When he played, I thought he was the rarest of gems, an intelligent footballer. His actions have proven me wrong.

Absolutely, the full truth,if it ever got to the busy public would have buried the EFC for its 2012 regime all the way to China.

Had to laugh at Slobbo last night not jigging to the enormity of what Vlad was trying to tell him about backing the wrong horse in Hird.

For Robbo not to realise Vlad is a lot smarter than he is, well he's even dumber than I thought.

I hope that if he once again states other clubs were doing the same and breaching the wada that either the clubs (if named) or the afl sue him.

Time to take the gloves off with this campaigner. He has massive legal bills and is bleeding cash so another law suit or two will just increase the haemorrhage.

You know that things are about to get a lot worse as a heap of mud is about to thrown everywhere.

you think other AFL coaches double check what substances their sports science team are using?

Do you think other AFL coaches do their due diligence on who they hire, especially their sports science teams?
Or do you think that has nothing to do with them?

Plenty believe he knew what they were about, especially their expertise and methodology. He knew, he hired them, they delivered.
The players were complicit by not checking personally with Doc Reid, by not admitting to supplements on their disclosure forms (they knew they were being administered via their consent forms), by not taking the time and effort to check for themselves (club doctor/ASADA) as per their annual education seminars.

Last edited:

he fits in well at that paper though. lol when he went on about how for the first 3mths the story was led by fairfax then they made an editorial decision to present the other side.

news limited treated this as a sports story and relied on the likes of robbo to report the official statements and what ever crumbs were strategically leaked from sport sources.

fairfax recognised it for what it was, a crime story that crossed over into sport. they teamed up b&m with 4 corners and squeezed stories from their copper contacts.

absolutely owned them for that first 3 months.

Do you think other AFL coaches do their due diligence on who they hire, especially their sports science teams?
Or do you think that has nothing to do with them?

I would say the management trusted Bomber's opinion of Robinson, and Robinson's opinion of Dank.

What about Hird. I doubt Bomber was the man who hired him. Did Hird do his due diligence or just go along with it?
Given Dank and Robinson were injecting Hird, Goodwin and staff members (Xavier Campbell?) wouldn't they have some idea what was going on?

I doubt other AFL coaches and staff were getting injections from the sports science department without consulting either their own doctor or even the club doctor.

What about Hird. I doubt Bomber was the man who hired him. Did Hird do his due diligence or just go along with it?
Given Dank and Robinson were injecting Hird, Goodwin and staff members (Xavier Campbell?) wouldn't they have some idea what was going on?

I doubt other AFL coaches and staff were getting injections from the sports science department without consulting either their own doctor or even the club doctor.
they probably hired him as a group, but Bomber worked extensively with Robinson at the cats so its only logical that his say would have been strongly considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back