Hird to have his say

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick is not part of the "Oz Stable". He's a strange fit at the Oz. Always has been. But he is established and carries his own sort of cred. He is also a beautiful writer, which adds cred to a "paper of importance" like the Oz.

Sport is only a small part of the Oz, unlike the Hun.

1 writer got the fulltime brief.

Chip was dogged, prolific and bang on message with every article....damage the government institution ASADA...paint Hird as innocent and wronged....push Essendon as innocent and wronged.

It was a classic attempt by the Oz of attempted narrative setting.

I could list a lot of reasons for my thoughts on this...but it is really a side issue and can't really be bothered starting a detailed argument that i would inevitably have to argue. And people on a footy forum probably aren't interested.

..... Go on

I do. Im very interested in his answers

I have read far more than I have posted over the last few years even though I have taken a real interest in this saga. Well done to mxett as I understand it must be tough now as a Bombers supporter but what most of us wanted is exactly that, what happened? Hird knows, do I think he will tell us? Not likely....so we will have to keep searching welcome aboard.

hope not. JH has said he wants to tell his side. Now's his chance. Even if it's BS it will be interesting to see his perspective
James Hird is protecting "Brand Hird". He is still under the delusion that he can come out of this smelling like roses. The only interesting thing will be how many others he points fingers at and puts the blame on.

Patrick is not part of the "Oz Stable". He's a strange fit at the Oz. Always has been. But he is established and carries his own sort of cred. He is also a beautiful writer, which adds cred to a "paper of importance" like the Oz.

Sport is only a small part of the Oz, unlike the Hun.

1 writer got the fulltime brief.

Chip was dogged, prolific and bang on message with every article....damage the government institution ASADA...paint Hird as innocent and wronged....push Essendon as innocent and wronged.

It was a classic attempt by the Oz of attempted narrative setting.

I could list a lot of reasons for my thoughts on this...but it is really a side issue and can't really be bothered starting a detailed argument that i would inevitably have to argue. And people on a footy forum probably aren't interested.

from Oz editor letter to opi

I assure you The Australian newspaper will use every journalistic and legal measure available to pursue what can only be described as an outrageous fabrication... should our concerns not be addressed.

they have form

want to guess who led the attack?

I doubt they all do, but I'm pretty sure that when their long time club doctor writes them a damning letter in regard to him being kept in the dark on the new injection regime and his repeated requests for info being ignored, that they would respond by immediately shutting the whole thing down rather than sending messages organising some united nations skills to deal with the old fool.
Especially when JH texts Corcoran "Reidy wants to shut everything down!"

Hird's blind assumption that what Dank was giving them was legal, and Gill's statements on Tuesday regarding culture shows that drug education in this sport is so far from working.

Also comes across as a very absent coach to me....

Although you may think 'blind' and 'absent' are strong criticisms of him, they are exactly what he wants you to think.

He wasn't blind or absent regarding the program, he was up to his golden locks in it.

James Hird is protecting "Brand Hird". He is still under the delusion that he can come out of this smelling like roses. The only interesting thing will be how many others he points fingers at and puts the blame on.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

A tour guide at the Globe told us there is a less lovey interpretation of this quote. It was Shakespeare's dig at the then competing Rose Theatre.

The Rose was built near a sewer and the stench sometimes meant the audience were overwhelmed and left.

May James smell as sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raised the Geelong link a couple of times. 'We needed big bodies like Geelong' 'Robinson had proven himself at Geelong and Manly', etc.

He sure is trying to paint Thompson and Robinson as the instigators.

I like the sliding doors moment where Hird says his preference was the premier league guy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I want to put on size and mass, I'm not looking to the premier league :confused:

d5f3fc7151ebb712bbbbf9cd96f96e2c

Great org chart on Page 9 in today's article. Hird is as geographically far away from Dank as possible. Very symbolic.

The rewriting of history has begun.

No but i would think a coach that knows Dank was being supplied by Shane Charter would:

http://cached.newslookup.com/cached.php?ref_id=108&siteid=2101&id=1462408&t=1361365642

ESSENDON coach James Hird was questioned by police in 2004 about a biochemist - known as Dr Ageless - who was later jailed for major drug offences and has been linked to the club's supplements program.

Fairfax Media can reveal that Hird and fellow Brownlow Medallist Shane Woewodin and other stars, including Bulldogs Luke Darcy, Scott West and Simon Garlick, were listed as prosecution witnesses for Shane Charter's trial in 2006.

It is believed the players' evidence was needed to rebut Charter's possible explanation that money seized, including more than $500,000 cash, came from legitimate work as a personal trainer and dietary adviser.

art-353-hird-300x0.jpg

James Hird. Photo: Getty Images

They were not ultimately called because Charter later pleaded guilty to charges of importing pseudoephedrine - with an estimated street-level value of between $13 million and $30 million - and ephedrine, trafficking a commercial quantity of pseudoephedrine and trafficking mostly steroid agents including testosterone and nandrolone.

Advertisement
He also agreed to become a Crown witness.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt there links to one C.Williams and the latest 'it's a Misti ad'? Which were floating around everywhere early 2000s

I guess by now it was always going to be a slim chance that Hird would actually have a bomb to drop. His article today seems and exercise in passing the buck and the most notable thing about it is the absence of any mention of Shane Carter. Be interesting to see if he turns up in Part 2.

how is it rewriting history? Were you at Essendon in 2012?

It's the visual message that Hird and Dank were so far apart that they would hardly have spoken, it would all have gone through Robson/Hamilton/Robinson - when what really happened in practice was that Hird and Dank met and exchanged texts regularly about the program.

I guess by now it was always going to be a slim chance that Hird would actually have a bomb to drop. His article today seems and exercise in passing the buck and the most notable thing about it is the absence of any mention of Shane Carter. Be interesting to see if he turns up in Part 2.

Since the start Hird has said there was truth to come out. With the wall of facts now available, he needs to have something better than the "it wasn't my fault" stuff he has trotted out so far.

Since the start Hird has said there was truth to come out. With the wall of facts now available, he needs to have something better than the "it wasn't my fault" stuff he has trotted out so far.

Cue part 2 - it was the AFL's fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back