hmm Adelaide vs Port plim final on the cards ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks have nothing to lose...we weren't expected to make finals this year so playing in one is a bonus! After the Crows recent finals performance, I would've thought you had plenty to lose!

Hawks by 15 points :thumbsu:

How do you work that one out. A few weeks ago, Hawthorn looked a definite top 4 chance and we looked like missing the finals altogether. Gee you know your football don't you mate.

Blasphamy

But its true, i cant beleive how much luck Port have had this year, it actually makes me sick

I think you make your own luck. We've had a crap run with injuries this year, but when games were there for the winning, we didn't turn up. Port have made the most of their opportunities. We haven't - up until now! Whole new ball-game in the finals.

I agree a Port PF is our best shot at the flag but i reckon if we make the PF our form would dictate we would account for an injury decimated WC even in Perth. All week my head said 'it's best if Port win' but as soon as the game started i was going for WC (even though i hate them also!).

As for luck, Port have surely used up their full allowance. If not, give them the cup now. Every team they play loses their vital players before or during the game...Bartel, Ling, Kerr and the moment that decided last nights match...Cousins. His hamstring instantaneously ripped apart WC 07 season and gave Port the match. The fact they only just won is a poor effort on their behalf but they did win. If they bring that type of performance in the PF, the Kangaroos or Crows (cannot see Hawks winning next 2) will kill them. Having said that, if we make it Rutten, Goodwin and Hudson will probably get injured and Port will win by a point:rolleyes::mad:.

Hate to burst your bubble guys (talking about Prelim tickets!!!) but there's a game on today in MELBOURNE. The Hawks are a better side and have been all year and that's why we finished 5th and you 8th. If you look at the games we've been humbled in this year we've bounced back the next week in impressive fashion so it's definitely not a forgone conclusion. We've got very good form at the dome too of late and if we can kick 5-6 goals for the game then we should get over the line - because that's the sort of game you guys will reduce it to.

They may as well give Port the cup now, it's almost a forgone conclusion. I can't remember the last time a GF win has been setup so nicely for a club.
Port will win their 2nd premiership this year and they won't have to wait too much longer for their 3rd.

Three major factors in this are:
1. How much our kids take from their first final.
2. Whether the WC can get Fletcher and Cousins back.
3. Whether Adelaide make the prelim (there is no doubt that your game plan is our achilles heel atm)

Only one club thinks the premiership is a cakewalk, and how well have they done since 1990 ;)

How do you work that one out. A few weeks ago, Hawthorn looked a definite top 4 chance and we looked like missing the finals altogether. Gee you know your football don't you mate.

Yeah i do, thanks for pointing it out!

Tell me, who are the favourites?
Tell me, how many Crows supporters are talking about the Prelim final?
Just about everyone has picked the Crows today...so tell me, who's got nothing to lose? :rolleyes:

Yeah i do, thanks for pointing it out!

Tell me, who are the favourites?
Tell me, how many Crows supporters are talking about the Prelim final?
Just about everyone has picked the Crows today...so tell me, who's got nothing to lose? :rolleyes:

We finished well below you, have been performing well below the standard you've been performing at this year and the players have been given a 4am wake up call by one of your desperate, sad supporters.

You'd better win otherwise it's gonna look mighty embarrassing.

Three major factors in this are:
1. How much our kids take from their first final.
2. Whether the WC can get Fletcher and Cousins back.
3. Whether Adelaide make the prelim (there is no doubt that your game plan is our achilles heel atm)

Only one club thinks the premiership is a cakewalk, and how well have they done since 1990 ;)

Fair call but I honestly can't see anyone challenging you. Hawks, Pies and Kangas may win a couple of finals, but they are too young/inexperienced to be genuine challengers at this stage. West Coast have fallen in a hole due to injury, as we did last year. Geelong being Geelong, will likely stumble at the last hurdle. The loss of Egan is a huge blow. Your only real GENUINE contenders Sydney and AFC finished 7th and 8th so would need a miracle to even make it to the prelim let alone the GF. Not too mention the injuries both sides have to key players - Hall, Kennelly, Roo, Burton Bassett etc.

If I had to put my house on it, I would bet a Port GF win without a moment of hessitation.

Hawks have nothing to lose...we weren't expected to make finals this year so playing in one is a bonus! After the Crows recent finals performance, I would've thought you had plenty to lose!

Hawks by 15 points :thumbsu:
Crap. The Hawks have everything to lose, as do the Crows. Whoever loses will be gutted along with all their supporters. I just hope its you and not us.

Crap. The Hawks have everything to lose, as do the Crows. Whoever loses will be gutted along with all their supporters. I just hope its you and not us.

Well said...I think that sums it up for all of us! :thumbsu:

I was gutted last week, that game exposed us and I think the Crows will exploit it :(

Did you watch the football show? And Clarkos comments in the media this whole season? This whole season Clarko has played down our year, the boys aimed for a certain ammount of wins and over achieved, they are happy to play finals but dont realistically think theyll go deep in them.

Crawf on the football show was saying how finishing top 4 wasnt as much of an issue as we have achieved alot just making the finals. The boys are just happy where they are right now.

Now I know all the fans want to play the mental games where they try comfort the potential loss, but you guys are so ****ing arogant. You guys have the wood on us, and its obvious you guys have the upper hand when it comes to finals experience and your the deserved favourite and were last in the odds to win the premiership. But no matter what in finals anything can happen, good luck in your game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We finished well below you, have been performing well below the standard you've been performing at this year and the players have been given a 4am wake up call by one of your desperate, sad supporters.

You'd better win otherwise it's gonna look mighty embarrassing.

Short memory...remember our 4am wake up call .... AND...the fact we were given a phone that didn't work???

I would've been confident had we not been smashed last week :thumbsdown: Kinda ruined our great season.

Short memory...remember our 4am wake up call .... AND...the fact we were given a phone that didn't work???

I would've been confident had we not been smashed last week :thumbsdown: Kinda ruined our great season.

I just hope the players aren't as confident/arrogant as some of the fans on this board. Some are treating this game as just a minor step on the road to a prelim final. They maybe in for a rude shock considering our up and down form this year.

I just hope the players aren't as confident/arrogant as some of the fans on this board. Some are treating this game as just a minor step on the road to a prelim final. They maybe in for a rude shock considering our up and down form this year.

Indeed. We are up against a unit of quality runners today. Will be a tough match for us.

They are happy to play finals but dont realistically think theyll go deep in them.

QUOTE]

This seems to be the general line of thinking for most Vicorian teams over the last few years - "just happy to play finals" or "as long as we win one final". Talk about a losing culture. The Hawks have the fire power (if fit) to go all the way. In fact, IMO, you are only two players ( a quality/experienced key backman and ruckman ) from possibly being one of the competitions super teams.

They are happy to play finals but dont realistically think theyll go deep in them.

QUOTE]

This seems to be the general line of thinking for most Vicorian teams over the last few years - "just happy to play finals" or "as long as we win one final". Talk about a losing culture. The Hawks have the fire power (if fit) to go all the way. In fact, IMO, you are only two players ( a quality/experienced key backman and ruckman ) from possibly being one of the competitions super teams.

I think the difference between the other Victorian teams and Hawthorn is that the coaching staff and managers have set a long term plan out for the restructuring of the club. When you consider our top 3 goals scorers are light on experience, we still dont have a genuine full back, and we have two solid rucks with out being amazing the club still has some positions to fill. I think next season the aims will obviously extend to going deep in the finals. I actually believe some of the players have the defeatist attitude now and are happy to be where they are and maybe that hunger is gone because of this? Clarko would joke all year about where we were on the ladder (especially when we were 2nd) and always reitterated how anything could make us drop, so I dont think he believed we would of been so close to contend for the top 4 position.

Either way I obviously hope we win but I am not confident, but hope the game is an exciting one :thumbsu: good luck to your boys and lets hope for no injuries, well maybe a tore hammy for the umps but besides that no injuries.

Fair call but I honestly can't see anyone challenging you. Hawks, Pies and Kangas may win a couple of finals, but they are too young/inexperienced to be genuine challengers at this stage. West Coast have fallen in a hole due to injury, as we did last year. Geelong being Geelong, will likely stumble at the last hurdle. The loss of Egan is a huge blow. Your only real GENUINE contenders Sydney and AFC finished 7th and 8th so would need a miracle to even make it to the prelim let alone the GF. Not too mention the injuries both sides have to key players - Hall, Kennelly, Roo, Burton Bassett etc.

If I had to put my house on it, I would bet a Port GF win without a moment of hessitation.

Wish I was that confident. My gut feeling is we will either lose to Adelaide in the prelim or to WC in the GF. I dont think we're ready yet.

i reckon both Port and the crows should just be worrying about winning this week (and next week for you guys) before anyone should be thinking about prelims
Hawthorn and West Coast wont be easy
see this is what happens when people get ahead of themselves
both games decided by 3 points
could have been alot different... we progress however and Adelaide miss out
its an old cliche but "take things one game at a time" has never been a more true statement

i got the feeling that most crows supporters just expected Adelaide to win this game and didnt give Hawthorn anywhere near the respect they deserved.

see this is what happens when people get ahead of themselves
both games decided by 3 points
could have been alot different... we progress however and Adelaide miss out
its an old cliche but "take things one game at a time" has never been a more true statement

i got the feeling that most crows supporters just expected Adelaide to win this game and didnt give Hawthorn anywhere near the respect they deserved.

how does **** off sound

seriously what a moronic post, FFS if you haven't noticed no-one here plays for the crows ?, whats wrong with a bit of looking forward from a fans perspective

seriously mods lock this bloody thread.

how does **** off sound

seriously what a moronic post, FFS if you haven't noticed no-one here plays for the crows ?, whats wrong with a bit of looking forward from a fans perspective

seriously mods lock this bloody thread.

LOL you want it locked because you lost. I bet you were one of those cocky supporters that thought this would be a thrashing.

Enjoy the rest of september :p

Remove this Banner Ad

hmm Adelaide vs Port plim final on the cards ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back