Toast How can this Hawthorn side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Scrimshaw is another who isn't getting the credit yet for the season he has put together. If he backs it up next year I think alot more people might start to take notice. He is finally looking like he could become the player we all thought he could be when he was drafted.

Hardwick is really underrated has been for his whole career he is the glue down back that lets everything else unfold. Without him I doubt we could score so much from turnovers.

Could make the case for many players
Can't really think of many others, might be some young up and coming but too early to tell. Saad and Salem are really good defensively as well but Hardwick is quite a bit stronger than both so can play on more types, they are more the rebounding distributing types anyway.

If your picking one of these guys for Toby Greene your going with Hardwick.

Can't really think of many others, might be some young up and coming but too early to tell. Saad and Salem are really good defensively as well but Hardwick is quite a bit stronger than both so can play on more types, they are more the rebounding distributing types anyway.

If your picking one of these guys for Toby Greene your going with Hardwick.
I'd take Noodles any day.

Anyway, I'm not going to dig much deeper on this as its a bit pointless imo. Hardwick is a good lockdown player but provides very little compared to others offensively. He may be 10% better here and there re spoils or tackles etc but he's miles behind the top half backs in the game for impact offensively.

Anyway, I'm not going to dig much deeper on this as its a bit pointless imo. Hardwick is a good lockdown player but provides very little compared to others offensively. He may be 10% better here and there re spoils or tackles etc but he's miles behind the top half backs in the game for impact offensively.
Hardwick isn't the best small defender in the game IMV.

If we sort for all defenders, we can. Look at both Hardwick and Sicily compared to competition.

Idun, Quaynor, Stewart all clearly better at 1v1 loss rate. Hardwick comparable to Henry, McGrath, Uwland. All of which are good defensive players but hardly rated as "best". Sicily is further back with the likes of O'Donnell, Melican and Butts. Which is probably why he has not many AA jumpers, he's your A- player for his role and those selected are usually A+. Just a step off the very best

They don't need to be stopped, if the teams above them keep winning Hawthorn will have no business in finals. Will probably drop a game anyway vs GWS/Carlton.

Last edited:
From 0-5 to knocking the door on a finals berth at the end of July. How far do you think they can go?
They deserve to play finals, when they do it’s like a free hit. Next year they will improve a lot more.

Only Victorian side I would be going for come finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong 5th vs Hawks 8th now that would be good 👍 come week1
Geelong has a very soft draw for the rest of the year. Cats should finish top 4 easily

Bottom 10 opponents for the rest of the year

Carlton: 4
Gold Coast: 4
Geelong: 3
Sydney: 3
Brisbane: 3
Bulldogs: 3
Hawthorn: 2
Melbourne: 2
Port: 2
Giants: 1
Fremantle: 1
Collingwood: 1
Essendon: 1

One of the few finals aspirants I'd be supremely confident against.

Hmm
Hmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Your Achilles heel is the MCG and that's the only venue you'd be playing Hawthorn at in a final!!!!!!!

Hawthorn can easily win every game from here
They can also go on another xx game losing streak

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Key Back: Sam Frost
Key Forwards: Mabior Chol, Calsher Dear

This side will get ironed out by a good team in finals if they make it. Not good enough in the key positions.

They are now at a stage where they should be targeting areas of need through trade and free agency.

Yes this team in embarrasing other teams without last years preferred KPF and KPB both injured

True, I just feel like Carlton are getting some losses out of the way and Hawthorn are due for one, as nonsensical as it sounds.

GWS is the toughest fixture for us. It will be a tight result

If hawks did make finals much rather v carlton than freo.
I only saw freo a couple of times recently, I’d guess they are a stronger team than around 2010, although it is hard to judge as that team was Ross Lyon coached

Geelong has a very soft draw for the rest of the year. Cats should finish top 4 easily

Bottom 10 opponents for the rest of the year

Carlton: 4
Gold Coast: 4
Geelong: 3
Sydney: 3
Brisbane: 3
Bulldogs: 3
Hawthorn: 2
Melbourne: 2
Port: 2
Giants: 1
Fremantle: 1
Collingwood: 1
Essendon: 1
We need to beat Freo away, which is very unlikely.

I could see us losing to St Kilda at Marvel as well.

Hardwick isn't the best small defender in the game IMV.

If we sort for all defenders, we can. Look at both Hardwick and Sicily compared to competition.

Idun, Quaynor, Stewart all clearly better at 1v1 loss rate. Hardwick comparable to Henry, McGrath, Uwland. All of which are good defensive players but hardly rated as "best". Sicily is further back with the likes of O'Donnell, Melican and Butts. Which is probably why he has not many AA jumpers, he's your A- player for his role and those selected are usually A+. Just a step off the very best

Needs more Darcy Wilmot. Keidean Coleman too but he's out injured at the moment.

Yes this team in embarrasing other teams without last years preferred KPF and KPB both injured
What other teams? Adelaide? Collingwood?

Hawthorn are on a good run now, but I predict your team will get ironed out in finals, and that's only if you make it.

Just accept that not every opposition fan isn't going to be filled with the same optimism about your team's chances as you do.

Stratton,
What other teams? Adelaide? Collingwood?

Hawthorn are on a good run now, but I predict your team will get ironed out in finals, and that's only if you make it.

Just accept that not every opposition fan isn't going to be filled with the same optimism about your team's chances as you do.

An easy prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast How can this Hawthorn side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back