Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at their draw, honestly none of them are 100% locks:

• Brisbane Lions (h) - 50/50, probable Brisbane win on current form.
  • Adelaide (a) - Adelaide did win that fixture last year, it's certainly a game that would give headaches for Melbourne.
  • Geelong (a) - Geelong probable favourites on current form.
  • Port Adelaide (n) - most likely a win but the NT plays into Port's hands more than Melbourne's.
  • Western Bulldogs (a) - at Marvel it's 50/50-ish
  • Fremantle (a) - they beat Melbourne in Melbourne, Freo should be favourites at home.
  • Collingwood (n) - Collingwood just beat them....
  • Carlton (h) - on current form it's no better than 50/50.
  • Brisbane Lions (a) - Brisbane should be favourites at home.

There's only two that I'd feel confident in saying that Melbourne would win and they're both banana skins. Genuine chance of pulling an Essendon 2012/North 2016.

If they beat Brisbane they're probably fine, but if not I think they could be in serious trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordinary football side. I called it a few weeks ago and got shot down for it. One of the worst premiership sides of all time. Gawn, Oliver, Petracca and May then a bunch of seriously average players.
A lot of players out of form including some of those players you mentioned. I don’t think I’d call them ordinary they are just role players which is applicable to most premiership sides

Played with a lot of bravado last year, but unless they play with ridiculous belief they are just a good side with a few A+ stars.

Their method is bad.

So many battlers running around.

Culture is cooked.

Things are not looking well, to say the least.

Genuinely outplayed by Freo.

Swans and Pies both good sides but we shouldn't have lost to either after getting good starts. Goodwin has completely screwed our attacking rythm.

We're in a major rut now but there's value with the bookies as they are still pricing Melbourne way too short (and will continue to) if you're into the odd punt.

Seem to be struggling against top 8 sides and in cruise control against bottom ones. I think they'll flick the switch pretty easy after the bye. But it's a different feeling being the hunted.

Why is that. May will stop goals, but they still won't kick winning scores!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back