How do the Bulldogs beat St Kilda next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

saints never win big.. cant remember many games where they have won by 30+ pts this yr
Saints won 7 by 30+
2 of those by 90+ - agianst north and port at Etihad

% never came into if as long as u keep winning and finish top four thats all that matters.

And for finals you just need to win.

Robert Murphy to start forward and stay forward.

Yes, Murphy needs to setup in attack.

Barry Hall to kick 5+ goals.

Obvious, but needs space and decent delivery.

Brad Johnson and Hooper to be dropped for Moles and Everitt. I would even consider dropping Tom Williams for an extra runner and asking Ryan Hargrave or Everitt to play on Kosi. Lake will obviously get Riewoldt.

No bad call, Johnson played a decent game and was marking strong tonight, just a few bad kicks let him down. Moles butchered the ball in the VFL today and Everitt kicked 3 but was missing for huge chunks of game. Everitt and Hargrave would make Kosi look like a star again as they are not key defenders, Morris/Williams will take Riewodlt and Lake will obviously get Kosi as even full fitness he couldn't keep up with Riewoldt so definately not in shape he is in now.

Hopefully there is a miracle and Morris can get back, he seems like the kind of player who can play injured and still contribute.

Doesn't quite need a miracle as he trained this week, I expect him to probably play.

Harbrow needs to really have a great game running from defence
Griffen needs to break Jones Tag
Hudson needs to dominate ruck
Grant needs to touch the footy (he has clean hands after last 2 games)
Giansiracusa needs to kick multiple goals
Minson needs to clunk some marks and not give away frees
Eagleton needs to own the wings
Gilbee/Hargrave need to find form in a week
Wood needs to shut down Milne
Picken needs to shut down Dal Santo

There are a lot of "needs to happen" to win

Hey?? I didn't think we were that good.

200386.jpg

Take nothing for granted. Saints need to work hard to win here.

We play like we did last prelim but take our chances and hopefully there is less impact from forces we can't control. Will be very difficult though as we haven't played to that standard for a long time

Yes, Murphy needs to setup in attack.

Obvious, but needs space and decent delivery.

No bad call, Johnson played a decent game and was marking strong tonight, just a few bad kicks let him down. Moles butchered the ball in the VFL today and Everitt kicked 3 but was missing for huge chunks of game. Everitt and Hargrave would make Kosi look like a star again as they are not key defenders, Morris/Williams will take Riewodlt and Lake will obviously get Kosi as even full fitness he couldn't keep up with Riewoldt so definately not in shape he is in now.

Doesn't quite need a miracle as he trained this week, I expect him to probably play.

Harbrow needs to really have a great game running from defence
Griffen needs to break Jones Tag
Hudson needs to dominate ruck
Grant needs to touch the footy (he has clean hands after last 2 games)
Giansiracusa needs to kick multiple goals
Minson needs to clunk some marks and not give away frees
Eagleton needs to own the wings
Gilbee/Hargrave need to find form in a week
Wood needs to shut down Milne
Picken needs to shut down Dal Santo

There are a lot of "needs to happen" to win

Ridiculous.

Johnson turned the ball over at will and looks unable to apply any kind of forward pressure. Marked strongly? When was this? I saw him take a few good marks on the lead but he has always been good at that. His kicking was terrible, and at times he was a real liability. I can't believe Dogs fans can't see this. You need forward pressure and in a big finals match, against the absolute cream, those who aren't 100 percent fit, and can't throw their body's into packs and tackles are a tremendous weakness.

I'll pose this one for you dogs fans. How would you feel with Sam Gilbert matched up to Brad Johnson on the big open spaces of the MCG? Gilbert would massacre him like nobody has ever done before. Tonight it seemed young Smith was running with Johnson and despite Smith being a good performer this season, he is not Gilbert.
Gilbert can run through tackles from the very best, and Brad Johnson is somehow going to quell his and Sam Fisher's run from the half backline? I would much prefer someone like Everitt on the half forward line.

I do hope Lake goes to Riewoldt, even if he zones off when Nick goes further up the ground. And absolutely inspirational performance from Lake in defense is the only way I can see the Saints being troubled even slightly.

A forward line of Johnson, Giansiracusa, Grant, Hall, Hooper and Hahn/Murphy looks incredibly fragile and weak, despite the efforts of Hall and Murphy.

Of course all this is moot, because Johnson will most definitely play, and the Saints will most definitely win...by plenty.

Ridiculous.

Johnson turned the ball over at will and looks unable to apply any kind of forward pressure. Marked strongly? When was this? I saw him take a few good marks on the lead but he has always been good at that. His kicking was terrible, and at times he was a real liability. I can't believe Dogs fans can't see this. You need forward pressure and in a big finals match, against the absolute cream, those who aren't 100 percent fit, and can't throw their body's into packs and tackles are a tremendous weakness.

I'll pose this one for you dogs fans. How would you feel with Sam Gilbert matched up to Brad Johnson on the big open spaces of the MCG? Gilbert would massacre him like nobody has ever done before. Tonight it seemed young Smith was running with Johnson and despite Smith being a good performer this season, he is not Gilbert.
Gilbert can run through tackles from the very best, and Brad Johnson is somehow going to quell his and Sam Fisher's run from the half backline? I would much prefer someone like Everitt on the half forward line.

I do hope Lake goes to Riewoldt, even if he zones off when Nick goes further up the ground. And absolutely inspirational performance from Lake in defense is the only way I can see the Saints being troubled even slightly.

A forward line of Johnson, Giansiracusa, Grant, Hall, Hooper and Hahn/Murphy looks incredibly fragile and weak, despite the efforts of Hall and Murphy.

Of course all this is moot, because Johnson will most definitely play, and the Saints will most definitely win...by plenty.

Dogs will probably lose..but so will collingwood. Enjoy as big a wasted season as the dogs champ:)

Dogs will probably lose..but so will collingwood. Enjoy as big a wasted season as the dogs champ:)

Wow, and people wonder what years and years of defeat does to supporters. You almost sound happy to be out of the finals if the Pies are as well. For what it's worth, I would have loved to have seen the Dogs win the premiership this season (if the Pies didn't), but it has all gone off the rails, it doesn't take a genius to see that. Collingwood may lose, yes, but I don't see this season as a waste at all. There have been tremendous improvements to our young players and I think even the most anti Collingwood person would suggest our list should have us competing deep into September for many more seasons to come. I can't wait to see the development of Beams, Sidebottom, Wellingham, Pendlebury, Thomas, Blair, Dawes, MaCaffer and Reid. Though I'd love to think otherwise, I doubt the Dogs have as much to be excited about.

Wow, and people wonder what years and years of defeat does to supporters. You almost sound happy to be out of the finals if the Pies are as well. For what it's worth, I would have loved to have seen the Dogs win the premiership this season (if the Pies didn't), but it has all gone off the rails, it doesn't take a genius to see that. Collingwood may lose, yes, but I don't see this season as a waste at all. There have been tremendous improvements to our young players and I think even the most anti Collingwood person would suggest our list should have us competing deep into September for many more seasons to come. I can't wait to see the development of Beams, Sidebottom, Wellingham, Pendlebury, Thomas, Blair, Dawes, MaCaffer and Reid. Though I'd love to think otherwise, I doubt the Dogs have as much to be excited about.

It's called being a realist.. Injuries have destroyed the dogs in the past 4-5 weeks.. None of us expect to win, that's life.

If you think the dogs have no quality kids... Fail:rolleyes:

Oh and it is a wasted season by every team but the premiers.. Noone gives a toss collingwood are developing some good kids.. So is every team..

It would still be a wasted season, so enjoy it like every other team bar one

It's called being a realist.. Injuries have destroyed the dogs in the past 4-5 weeks.. None of us expect to win, that's life.

If you think the dogs have no quality kids... Fail:rolleyes:

Roughead and Grant are Ok, not sure if they are quality yet, but they definitely could be. I thought Ward was quality but he and Higgins have been extremely disappointing this season.

Can't see too many quality young midfielders coming through for the dogs atm. I would say Eade would do very well to keep his job over the next 3 years.
Where does the Dogs improvement come from? Certainly not Hall, Cooney, Boyd, Cross, Lake and Hudson. They have all been great and with the exception of Cooney are more likely to decrease input rather than increase.
With the loss of Harbrow, Eagleton, prob Hahn, Johnson the expected retirement of Hall over the next couple of seasons, it puts guys like Boyd (28), Hargrave (29), Gilbee (29), Giansiracusa (28), Murphy (28), Lake (28) into the position of being too old come the next premiership chance.
I like the look of Wood and you do get the father son picks this draft which should be a big bonus, but I can't see it happening for the dogs in the next couple of years.

Oh and it is a wasted season by every team but the premiers.. Noone gives a toss collingwood are developing some good kids.. So is every team..

It would still be a wasted season, so enjoy it like every other team bar one

Life must really suck with such pessimism in your heart. I have fully enjoyed this season, and no matter how it ends, I always will. It has been an enjoyable ride, losing to a great team in Geelong, or a very good side in St.Kilda will not provide me any shame whatsoever.

What a great philosophy on life, something is only worth doing if you are able to win it, or else it is just a waste of time. Enjoy misery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughead and Grant are Ok, not sure if they are quality yet, but they definitely could be. I thought Ward was quality but he and Higgins have been extremely disappointing this season.

Can't see too many quality young midfielders coming through for the dogs atm. I would say Eade would do very well to keep his job over the next 3 years.
Where does the Dogs improvement come from? Certainly not Hall, Cooney, Boyd, Cross, Lake and Hudson. They have all been great and with the exception of Cooney are more likely to decrease input rather than increase.
With the loss of Harbrow, Eagleton, prob Hahn, Johnson the expected retirement of Hall over the next couple of seasons, it puts guys like Boyd (28), Hargrave (29), Gilbee (29), Giansiracusa (28), Murphy (28), Lake (28) into the position of being too old come the next premiership chance.
I like the look of Wood and you do get the father son picks this draft which should be a big bonus, but I can't see it happening for the dogs in the next couple of years.

You are right... Higgins and ward are shit.. Higgins has thyroid issues and has been carrying leg injuries all year... Ward has had op all year.. Well done champ.. Your club has had no injuries all year, the big reason for a big season.

The following players are also shit, but happen to be young:

- cordy
- Tom Liberatore
- mitch wallis
- ward
- hooper
- jones
- Reid
- grant
- roughead
- moles
- picken
- everitt

Also have f/s in 2012 and 2013 who are rated in the top few at this stage

What a failure of a future:footy:

Life must really suck with such pessimism in your heart. I have fully enjoyed this season, and no matter how it ends, I always will. It has been an enjoyable ride, losing to a great team in Geelong, or a very good side in St.Kilda will not provide me any shame whatsoever.

What a great philosophy on life, something is only worth doing if you are able to win it, or else it is just a waste of time. Enjoy misery.

My god you toothless brainless shit.

Clubs exist to win premierships.. Noone gives a toss collingwood were minor premiers.. If you don't get it done in september you have achieved what 14 other clubs have.. If you think otherwise you're a moron.. But I expect that from toothless morons like yourself

Clubs exist to win premierships.. Noone gives a toss collingwood were minor premiers.. If you don't get it done in september you have achieved what 14 other clubs have.. If you think otherwise you're a moron.. But I expect that from toothless morons like yourself

What does my lack of teeth have to do with anything?

I will guarantee you one thing buddy, I am far from the one looking brainless right now.
How would you know anything about clubs existing to win premierships? Were you alive in 54? Does that mean that the Bulldogs existence for the past 56 years has been worthless? Doug Hawkins, Chris Grant, Brad Johnson, Scott West, have they all been worthless to you?
Have you ever cheered at a game when the Dogs were out of finals contention? Why bother, that's pointless too.
It's the journey that makes it all worthwhile buddy, and not every journey will turn out perfect, but that doesn't mean we can't look back on it with fond memories.

You sound angry, do you feel angry?

You are right... Higgins and ward are shit.. Higgins has thyroid issues and has been carrying leg injuries all year... Ward has had op all year.. Well done champ.. Your club has had no injuries all year, the big reason for a big season.

The following players are also shit, but happen to be young:

- cordy
- Tom Liberatore
- mitch wallis
- ward
- hooper
- jones
- Reid
- grant
- roughead
- moles
- picken
- everitt

Also have f/s in 2012 and 2013 who are rated in the top few at this stage

What a failure of a future:footy:

Is the same age as Cooney and Heath Shaw.

Also if you speak about a player and then say these players are 'also' shit, there is no point in listing them twice. I'll let you work out who I'm talking about.
Apart from the two father sons, who are complete unknowns (but have very good reports) players such as Cordy, Reid, Jones, Hooper and even Everitt have not proven that they are consistent league footballers yet. Do you honestly expect every one of the players you listed to be at the Bulldogs in 5 seasons?

And just lastly, I love sarcasm, but leave it to the experts ok? It's not safe in amateur hands.

What does my lack of teeth have to do with anything?

I will guarantee you one thing buddy, I am far from the one looking brainless right now.
How would you know anything about clubs existing to win premierships? Were you alive in 54? Does that mean that the Bulldogs existence for the past 56 years has been worthless? Doug Hawkins, Chris Grant, Brad Johnson, Scott West, have they all been worthless to you?
Have you ever cheered at a game when the Dogs were out of finals contention? Why bother, that's pointless too.
It's the journey that makes it all worthwhile buddy, and not every journey will turn out perfect, but that doesn't mean we can't look back on it with fond memories.

You sound angry, do you feel angry?

You're right.. The aim of each club is not to win the premiership each year... In fact, if a team finishes minor premiers, they consider it a successful season when they don't win the premiership, despite a dominant season... You're also right about the dog's crap future with no decent kids...:rolleyes:

Is the same age as Cooney and Heath Shaw.

Also if you speak about a player and then say these players are 'also' shit, there is no point in listing them twice. I'll let you work out who I'm talking about.
Apart from the two father sons, who are complete unknowns (but have very good reports) players such as Cordy, Reid, Jones, Hooper and even Everitt have not proven that they are consistent league footballers yet. Do you honestly expect every one of the players you listed to be at the Bulldogs in 5 seasons?

And just lastly, I love sarcasm, but leave it to the experts ok? It's not safe in amateur hands.

I see you list macaffer and Blair as those you think are wonderful.. I won't get into a debate about that, but how many games has Blair played? A handful at best.. Hardly 'consistent footballers yet'.. In fact a number of your so called wonderful young players are not consistent league footballers yet

You're right.. The aim of each club is not to win the premiership each year... In fact, if a team finishes minor premiers, they consider it a successful season when they don't win the premiership, despite a dominant season... You're also right about the dog's crap future with no decent kids...:rolleyes:

Please quote where I said it isn't the clubs goal to win a premiership.
Please quote where I said that finishing minor premiers = a successful season.

Whether I enjoy the season or not has nothing to do with it being successful, however even in unsuccessful seasons there are plenty of positives that can be taken, which is how I would see the Magpies year if they were to fail this week.

I see you list macaffer and Blair as those you think are wonderful.. I won't get into a debate about that, but how many games has Blair played? A handful at best.. Hardly 'consistent footballers yet'.. In fact a number of your so called wonderful young players are not consistent league footballers yet

Again, I never said these guys were wonderful, just that I am looking forward to seeing them improve in the future, because I, and that's just me the supporter I don't care what anyone else thinks, because I see great potential in the players I listed. Though I'm pretty sure most footy fans who have watched Blair would say he has been ultra consistent since he stepped into the side, and that he looks to be very promising. As for MaCaffer, I would think he would be rated lower, but I like what I've seen of him. As for the other guys I mentioned, guys like Pendlebury, Thomas, Wellingham, Sidebottom, Reid and Beams, should I even try to defend that they are consistent league footballers? Perhaps Dawes is a query, but the others have proven themselves at this level (not superstardom, just at AFL level) consistently already.

gary-coleman-video.jpg

Ease up turbo :rolleyes:

You need to STFU or piss off.

Your attitude is pathetic and your abuse is totally OTT and uncalled for.

And if you are going to throw some abuse around, try something half original....toothless, how completely boring and unoriginal.

That was the only thing you could come up with (twice) LOL

You're a joke and a stain on the mattress of life!

Never having seen your team win a flag has turned you into a bitter nasty person and by the looks of your club ATM, i expect this to be a good example of you in the future

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

How do the Bulldogs beat St Kilda next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back