How do you pass the time waiting for September?

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like no Curnow or McKay this week. Might have to go a full on mosquito fleet forward line next few weeks

Do we have any left?

NameInjuryReturn
Jordan BoydCorked legTBA
Matt CarrollGroinIndefinite
Adam CerraHamstringTBA
Matthew CottrellShoulderSeason
Charlie CurnowAnkleTBA
David CuninghamShoulderSeason
Tom De KoningFoot3-5 weeks
Sam DochertyACLSeason
Corey DurdinShoulderTBA
Sam DurdinCalf2-4 weeks
Orazio FantasiaCalf1-2 weeks
Lachie FogartyCollarboneTBA
Caleb MarchbankConcussion1 week
Jack MartinHamstringTBA
Hudson O’KeeffeHamstring2-3 weeks
Jack SilvagniKneeSeason
Latest Update: August 12

This is why the term May/June/July Premiers was invented. I get that the blue baggers have been starved of success for a very long time but given that their track record in the past couple of decades has been botchy to say the least, I think it would be wise for their supporters to wait for their team to be a mathematical certainty before they get ahead of themselves and spout this sort of hubris.
Geelong fans act like their team wasn’t absolute garbage in the 70s/80s/90s/early 2000s as well, I think you lot take your recent success for granted, won’t last forever.

Geelong fans act like their team wasn’t absolute garbage in the 70s/80s/90s/early 2000s as well, I think you lot take your recent success for granted, won’t last forever.
Our team was alright from 89 to about 97.

When your team is dominating, clearly the best in the business, a lock for a dream September run, and all the games between now and September feel like dead rubbers, how do you stay interested in footy?

I'm feeling like one of my hobbies has been taken away. Football just seems a touch boring. It's all just so predictable. Doesn't seem to matter who, what or where, the results just all seem to go the same way.

I'd like to hear from the Geelong fans about how they felt in their premiership window. Richmond fans too. And maybe Essendon fans if they can remember what it was like in 2000. How did you guys cope?

Collingwood fans need not reply.
As a Cats fan, 2008 GF taught us a lot, always nervous, nothing guaranteed and wouldn’t be silly enough to write stuff like this in July.

When did this happen?
we made 3 grand finals in the 1990s and it’s been over 50 years since we’ve had less than 7 wins in the regular season. In the early 2000s we had 12 wins in 2000, 11 in 2002, then made a preliminary final in 2004.

Carlton have had less than 7 wins in a regular season eight times this century alone.

Forgive us if we find it a bit funny that a supporter of that team, who has been giving it to everyone else all season long, has had to watch his team completely fall in a heap once more.

When did this happen?
we made 3 grand finals in the 1990s and it’s been over 50 years since we’ve had less than 7 wins in the regular season. In the early 2000s we had 12 wins in 2000, 11 in 2002, then made a preliminary final in 2004.

Carlton have had less than 7 wins in a regular season eight times this century alone.

Forgive us if we find it a bit funny that a supporter of that team, who has been giving it to everyone else all season long, has had to watch his team completely fall in a heap once more.
It's similar when they compare Collingwood's 1959 to 1989 with Carlton's 2000 to current...

Ah, no.

Collingwood during that time won more games than they lost, and played in 8 Grand Finals and 13 other finals series in that 31 year period, only once 'winning' the wooden spoon.

Carlton since 2000 have not contended for a premiership and 'won' 5 wooden spoons...

There is no comparison.

OK poindexter!
The again advising the blue beggars to show restraint and humility when their team is finally playing well would deprive Big Footy of the hilarity that has ensued and the opportunity to clown and troll the blues mercilessly. My bad, carry on I have no idea what I was thinking uttering such advice.

Where did I boast about Geelong's success? And your claims are dubious as some posters have already pointed out. My comments aren't directed specifically to the blues, it's applicable to other clubs supporters as well but at least clubs like Geelong have had some success to back up such bravado and it's not entirely delusional. Club's like the blues... not so much hence why it's bitten them on the arse with interest.

Locked up top spot on a Friday night with a round and then a bye, three whole weeks before the next game that matters. Taking all recommendations, unfortunately trolling bombers fans got tired sooner than I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holding Mel Gibson GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

No disrespect to the saints, but the fact a club that has one flag in its history and had nothing to play for finished the job of ending the Blues season, started by the Hawks, sums up how irrelevant the Blues have become.

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you pass the time waiting for September?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back