Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Which of these teams have the worst premiership winning list in AFL history?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but this is absolute horse raddish pal.

Premiership players who missed games through injury (probably missing a few too):
  • Edwards
  • Broad
  • Riewoldt
  • Caddy
  • Prestia
  • Houli
Other notable injuries:
  • Griffiths - would have been an automatic selection if not for the concussion issues. The absence of a second key forward forced us to play 1 tall for most of the season which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Despite that, Riewoldt missed a few games through injury and we were forced to play Nankervis (ruck) as the key forward.
  • Hampson - perhaps dubious for opposition supporters but he had a career best season in 2016 (by his fairly meh standards) and probably went into 2017 as our best ruck. Nankervis was very raw (only 12 games when he crossed over IIRC) and Soldo was a project ruck. Hampson missing the season meant a lot was forced onto Nankervis perhaps earlier than he should and Soldo getting a few games too to help lessen the considerable workload on Nank. Thankfully both seemed to thrive on the responsibility.
  • Conca - reinvented himself off the half back just like Ellis and was very good early in the season. Unfortunately, his injury woes struck again and he missed the rest of the season.

OK seriously?? Richmond deserved their premiership and I won't use luck as an excuse but that is a paltry injury list compared to other clubs.

Against Sydney we were missing Gawn/Viney/Watts/Tyson/Jones/Garlett and Hogan. I won't use our injuries as an excuse but you couldn't seriously argue Richmonds list wasn't primed all season.

You must've missed the two 50m gifts handed to Adelaide in the second half that led to goals or the free to Walker in the last qtr that also led to a goal, did you see the arm chop to Riewoldt in the 3rd that was called play on, i guess not...looks like all you saw were these so called missed frees to the crows...
Betts was held, Betts was held, Betts was ******* held, sorry BT the umpires couldn't hear you :D That was the only one the umps got wrong but Jacks missed arm chop in the 3rd evens it out hey. ;)
They watch that laughable video of supposed umpiring errors many of which were correct anyway and winge that they were hard done by, Ive seen the game enough times to know that video was selective bullshit that failed to show the decisions that went against us and the terrible panicked play by their own players when inder pressure, if yhe club believes the umpires cost them the game then I see them slipping down the ladder it was our pressure and hard work and playing as a team that won us the flag.

And how did other teams go when traveling against 'half decent' teams?

Also worth noting that Richmond played fewer games at their home ground during H&A than Adelaide did.

We also played more games out of Melbourne (7) than we had out of town teams play us in Melbourne (5).
Yeah they also finished above you on the ladder but didn’t get rewarded for it.

You also had a easy draw playing Brisbane, Carlton, Freo and St Kilda twice which helped you get up there.

Adelaide had top 2 sewn up with 2 rounds left to play while you guys were still battling it out for top 4.

OK seriously?? Richmond deserved their premiership and I won't use luck as an excuse but that is a paltry injury list compared to other clubs.

Against Sydney we were missing Gawn/Viney/Watts/Tyson/Jones/Garlett and Hogan. I won't use our injuries as an excuse but you couldn't seriously argue Richmonds list wasn't primed all season.
Yet most were back from injury when Melbourne failed to take the massive opportunity to make the finals, from there who knows how far you may have gone.

Dogs did play great! I don't begrudge them at all. Found Richmond winning much more upsetting but the Dogs team really was not very good. Doubt we'll see Richmond fall down into a hole like the Dogs did after their high. Why's that? Because the competition got better and they were relying on poor players hitting good form not the star power the Tigers have.
Teams that are really not that good and have poor players in them are teams like North, Gold Coast, Carlton, Brisbane. They are not that good, therefore they dont win many games. Teams that are good are teams that play finals and if they make it to the Grand Final, they are very good. If they win the Grand Final, they are outstanding. Whether or not it is a strong year, a weak year, or any type a year you say it is. All the premiership team can do is beat who it plays and the Bulldogs and Richmond did that, in September. So the Bulldogs and Richmond were outstanding teams the year they won the flag. The teams that were really not that good and had poor players in them, are teams like yours, North Melbourne.

Hah!! Primed all season. Our starting CHF doesn't play more than two games, and off that list, he left Vlastuin, who missed 9 games. Caddy pinged a string with just games to go.

Injuries definitely play a part. I think if the Dees had a better run, they'd have gone close to top 4. And will again this year.

Yeah they also finished above you on the ladder but didn’t get rewarded for it.

You also had a easy draw playing Brisbane, Carlton, Freo and St Kilda twice which helped you get up there.

Adelaide had top 2 sewn up with 2 rounds left to play while you guys were still battling it out for top 4.
Is that the same Freo who beat us at the MCG and the same Saints who creamed us by 67, yeah real helpful.

BS we lost to GWS at Spotless by 3 points with the last kick of the day, lost to the Dogs at ES by 5 points and Geelong by 14 at gobbledeygook stadium.

We won against Port at AO, we won our only game at Domain, at Metricon and the Gabba and twice at ES, we only lost 2 games by more than 14 points and missed top spot by half a game.

Try bringing some facts next time
You beat the bottom five and port away from the g.

Hows that for a fact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh boy...

Welcome to The Bay.

Let me summarise... They are probably the two worst Premiers of the last 30 years and were both manufactured by the AFL.

Any other Premiership team from the last 30 years (and most Runners Up) would comfortably knock off these two teams.

Oh boy...

Welcome to The Bay.

Let me summarise... They are probably the two worst Premiers of the last 30 years and were both manufactured by the AFL.

Any other Premiership team from the last 30 years (and most Runners Up) would comfortably knock off these two teams.

so many Ifs and buts.

The language of losing that only fans of teams coached by a Scott can truly grasp.

Hah!! Primed all season. Our starting CHF doesn't play more than two games, and off that list, he left Vlastuin, who missed 9 games. Caddy pinged a string with just games to go.

Injuries definitely play a part. I think if the Dees had a better run, they'd have gone close to top 4. And will again this year.

Every team has injuries. Richmonds were certainly minor compared to other sides. As for Griffiths the last 2 sides to win a flag haven't even had a CHF so it's not that important. Saying Richmond had a great run doesn't diminish the flag at all. Melbourne had a blessed run with injury in 16 yet we were a much better side in 17 even with a stack of injuries.

Oh boy...

Welcome to The Bay.

Richmond lead 8-2 head to head in finals and lead 11-9 flags overall with 11 less years.............run along run along.

Just keep sucking on the AFL's teet Geelong, it's the only thing your good at.

Both the Dogs and Tigers were terrible premiership teams, they devalued the premiership flag and history of the AFL.
tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Back