Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Which of these teams have the worst premiership winning list in AFL history?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah so you would prefer to ignore all the home finals Geelong have played at the MCG for the sake of your weak and pathetic argument.

Speaking of weak and pathetic

a9c320c35f61b2131272a836107e2fec
Geelong never had a problem winning finals at the MCG. NEVER. Go back to the early nineties and you’ll see them flogging sides there non stop.

No your kidding. Mods should set a standard and you lower it. You put a pic of a bloke who assed a gold medal by his opponents falling over.

The tigers smashed 1st 2nd and 3rd placed sides in finals where the caliber of a side is questioned and did it not with just a dower defence but with a blistering offense.

Yet you put up a pic to get bites like a common troll.

Its great we can clearly see the two diffrent rule sets applied when it comes to disrespecting the tigers.

Bravo
Can’t remember if I quoted this already, but this is an elite response. Get yourself a ****ing Brownlow you black and yellow campaigner.

Here,s hoping for a Tigers vs Doggies GF this year,Just too shut some of these salty opposition supporters up.:thumbsu:
If you finish higher than the dogs good luck to you

If you finish lower you have an unfair advantage and your premiership will be marked down as a result.

That's interesting....Geelong have Selwood, Danger and Gablett, the rest are a bunch of good ordinary footballers. Can Scott discover a couple more A graders so Geelong don't fall at the prelim stage again?
Cats fans won't agree, but I reckon the Cats are 50/50 to make the 8. I can't leave them out just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they came a complete cropper this year!
Wouldn't expect anything less than that from a current Tigers supporter...i just won a bet with myself! I thought i was being generous to the Tigers? Gee, there is no doubt the Bulldogs supporters were far more humble in victory and much more tolerable the year before with their unexpected win.

They like to play home games at the MCG against big clubs for the gate receipts. They specifically requested to play one of their MCG home games against us.

But suddenly that ground isn’t good enough come finals (when gate receipts aren’t involved).

Talk about wanting to have your cake and eat it too.
You are whining about playing an extra home game a year.

You are right in one sense

Kardinia is their home ground - either they play all finals there - or none

Not cherry picked

Wouldn't expect anything less than that from a current Tigers supporter...i just won a bet with myself! I thought i was being generous to the Tigers? Gee, there is no doubt the Bulldogs supporters were far more humble in victory and much more tolerable the year before with their unexpected win.
So, you can shitcan our list, but when it comes back, you don't like it? Cry me a river....

And if your list assessment of the Tiges is so spot on, please tell me where I'm wrong with Geelong, I'd love to hear it!!

It’s probably because your supporters have potted them non stop since they beat you in the QF. You know the game that was supposed to be played at KP? Not the ground that you won 3 flags at and probably over a dozen finals since the early nineties? But hey, don’t let a good excuse get in the way of reality will you?

It’s threads like this that stir up crap and promote trolling and bitter arguing that smacks of jealousy.

Or good management?
I must have been dreaming about Vlas being out for 9 weeks...and Jack missing games (which we won), and Caddy being out, and Griffiths, our starting CHF, playing 2 games for the year, and Conca, who started the season on fire, being out again.

All a dream, carry on....

Not cherry picked
KP has only started to be used for finals since about 2012. Geelong always played there but finals at the G. What am I missing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are shit

Not cherry picked

Not whining at all - making a point of the Geelong double standards. Make KP a genuine HG and play all your games there - don’t cherry pick and cry foul when a game isn’t hosted where you prefer when circumstances shift.

I know we get more than just our 11 home games at the MCG - the reality of multiple tenants.

I at least accept the trade off is that we lose most of our HGA during the regular season given most our home games are against co-tenants.

KP has only started to be used for finals since about 2012. Geelong always played there but finals at the G. What am I missing?

Never really ‘started’ being used as a finals venue.

Was used once in 2013 purely out of necessity due to circumstance. Teams 1,2,5 & 6 on the ladder were Melbourne teams, the AFL couldn’t play 4 games at the MCG (afternoon/nighttime double header impossible logistically) - one team was going to get shafted to Etihad but Geelong put their hand up to have their game played at KP.

It was purely a back up option due to circumstances.

Geelong have been a superb side for a dozen years, no one can argue that. They won 3 flags, and deserved them. Could've/should've had 4 with '08 in the mix. They've been a mega success.

Which is why I cannot understand the salt. Someone please explain it to me. It's the only reason to start this thread, and many similar threads, purely designed to shit on the last two years.

Is it a sense of entitlement? An expectation that they just turn up and win (especially v Tiges, and who could blame them), so that when they actually lost the QF, to the Tiges, of all teams, the universe broke?

Maybe the OP and all his cohorts should be discussing how Scott was given a premiership team (which he duly won with, and well done) and watched them fall short for the ensuing 6 years. Maybe they can spend time debating how they can fix it, and just let us enjoy a rare success.

Must take into account the injury run Richmond has. They hardly had an injured player on their entire list the majority of the year. Incredible luck on the injury front

Sorry but this is absolute horse raddish pal.

Premiership players who missed games through injury (probably missing a few too):
  • Edwards
  • Broad
  • Riewoldt
  • Caddy
  • Prestia
  • Houli
Other notable injuries:
  • Griffiths - would have been an automatic selection if not for the concussion issues. The absence of a second key forward forced us to play 1 tall for most of the season which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Despite that, Riewoldt missed a few games through injury and we were forced to play Nankervis (ruck) as the key forward.
  • Hampson - perhaps dubious for opposition supporters but he had a career best season in 2016 (by his fairly meh standards) and probably went into 2017 as our best ruck. Nankervis was very raw (only 12 games when he crossed over IIRC) and Soldo was a project ruck. Hampson missing the season meant a lot was forced onto Nankervis perhaps earlier than he should and Soldo getting a few games too to help lessen the considerable workload on Nank. Thankfully both seemed to thrive on the responsibility.
  • Conca - reinvented himself off the half back just like Ellis and was very good early in the season. Unfortunately, his injury woes struck again and he missed the rest of the season.

September is where reputations are made, and there will never be a better finals series by one club than the Dogs in 2016 - 2 magnificent away wins in hostile territory, 1 win against the 3-peat juggernaut and 1 win against the best team of the year who had comfortably more talent on paper. And all done with serious injury issues and loss of key personnel throughout the season.

It was and will remain one of the most remarkable premierships in VFL/AFL history.

The Dogs winning was the stuff of fairy tales
The Tigers winning is becoming the stuff of nightmares (mainly thanks to their fans)

Because we respond to troll threads started by pissants?

Notice the thread has now been overrun by Richmond supporters. Good to see people who dish out crap can handle when it comes back the other way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Back