Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Which of these teams have the worst premiership winning list in AFL history?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tigers have Martin, Cotchin and Rance in the upper echelon, the rest are a bunch of good ordinary footballers. Can Hardwick discover a couple more A graders and ensure the Tigers don't fall like the Dogs? Richmond fans won't agree, but I reckon the Tigers are 50/50 to make the 8. I can't leave them out just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they came a complete cropper this year!
That's interesting....Geelong have Selwood, Danger and Gablett, the rest are a bunch of good ordinary footballers. Can Scott discover a couple more A graders so Geelong don't fall at the prelim stage again?
Cats fans won't agree, but I reckon the Cats are 50/50 to make the 8. I can't leave them out just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they came a complete cropper this year!

A little like this:

6d13b81bd02d39b7e85948f741797fc9
Is this the bay oh no its the main board.

When you win 3 finals in a row by over 5 goals in each and produce the 5th best finals campaign by winning percentage ever, then I hardly think its a Bradbury, the fact is no one fell over in front of us we just shoved them out of the way.

Honestly your post is pathetic:$

supporters of teams with recent premiership or multi premierships within short periods of time are not coping with the new AFL order! They've been blessed, but just can't deal with the change. Imagine Geelong supporters if the next 10 years is a mix of premierships just from Richmond bulldogs and demons or saints while they are bottom 4 or spooners for a while. Threads will be unreadable and chief will force Bigfooty closed

Seemed to have touched a nerve. Obviously the clear home ground advantage they get during the H&A season (as opposed to teams that have home grounds with multiple tenants) regularly finds them falling short when the whips are cracking in the real stuff.

Inferiority complex maybe?
Vs clear away disadvantage for the other half of the games.

Coupled with travel burden

Dont forget that

Haha, still cant believe with the shit you blue mods get away with. Every post that is about the tigers you blatantly troll. You say we were flaky, yet we only lost 7 games, 4 of which by under a kick. We consistently went on 3-4 game winning runs before drooping the odd game. The crows and cats only lost one less game then us for the whole year.

Only a idiot would honestly believe you fluke a flag, yet by your pic to obviously again troll us, you prove that point lol
Well said brother.No surprise considering who the boss goes for.;)

Everybody knows this.

The bloke asked why you specified "top 3 priority picks."
It was simple goal post shifting to strengthen an argument.

But isn’t everything anyone puts forward in an argument an attempt to strengthen it?

Top 3 priority draft picks hold a hell of a lot more value than a second round priority pick where kids are generally hit and miss.

That’s why it’s included, top 3 are like diamonds (varying degrees of quality, but generally always valuable), second round picks are like pocket change (sometimes you find a pineapple, sometimes you find 20c- more likely the latter).

Is this the bay oh no its the main board.

When you win 3 finals in a row by over 5 goals in each and produce the 5th best finals campaign by winning percentage ever, then I hardly think its a Bradbury, the fact is no one fell over in front of us we just shoved them out of the way.

Honestly your post is pathetic:$

He can cry into his elimination final cup

Manic teams which bought into the game plan and delivered. Also good for football to see some battlers step up after a fair time away from the podium.

Be good if the Tigers don't do a Bulldogs 17 or Hawthorn 09 and back up this year. Bulldogs v Tigers GF would be a ripper.

We are playing Geelong twice in 2018 both at the MCG. What’s going on there ??

They like to play home games at the MCG against big clubs for the gate receipts. They specifically requested to play one of their MCG home games against us.

But suddenly that ground isn’t good enough come finals (when gate receipts aren’t involved).

Talk about wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be good if the Tigers don't do a Bulldogs 17 or Hawthorn 09 and back up this year. Bulldogs v Tigers GF would be a ripper.
I think the Tigers will do better this year than the 2017 Bulldogs. The third man up rule masked a weakness in our ruck stocks, that was changed for the 2017 season and we didn't cope very well. Tigers won't have that issue with a change of rule that masks a weakness.

That's interesting....Geelong have Selwood, Danger and Gablett, the rest are a bunch of good ordinary footballers. Can Scott discover a couple more A graders so Geelong don't fall at the prelim stage again?
Cats fans won't agree, but I reckon the Cats are 50/50 to make the 8. I can't leave them out just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they came a complete cropper this year!
Ha ha.

Great thread - another example of those blasted Richmond fans making the off-season unbearable. When are they going to stop creating these BS threads?!?!

Cool your jets.

You blokes we're flaky last year before getting a dream run in the finals. You got 3 x non melbourne based teams in a row, all at your home ground, making them effectively home grounds for you. You cant ask for much more than that unless you're Collingwood. Adelaide were the better team all year, but you were the better team on the day. Kudos.

I was actually barracking for you.

Still; I cant really see you blokes becoming a dominant side for the next few years like Geelong and the Hawks.

The Dogs got through their finals to win it from the bottom of the eight on grit alone (and some very favorable umpiring). Boyd played the game of his life in the GF (despite doing nothing before - or since - of note), and again they were the better side on the day. Kudos to them.

I dont see anything in either side that makes me go 'they look unbeatable'. Certainly in each sides respective premiership years neither side looked like worldbeaters, untill it eventually turned out they were.

Th Dogs dropped back down the year after winning it, and I wouldnt be surprised if the Tigers dont this year also.

Dogs actually had beaten Syd in Syd the previous two games. So maybe they were just the better side.

Bradbury comparison just reeks of jealousy from a fan who has never seen their club win anything legitimately.

As a guide the best team (champion players or not) usually wins the big dance.
cheers everyone
Best on the day or best all year? Two distinct concepts. Goes without saying best team on the day "usually wins"

Anybody else like to start up a thread designed to pot the last two premiers? Anyone?

Surely there's SOMEONE that hasn't had a go yet. I mean, c'mon, it's still 5 weeks till next season.
I think you should hand back your cup, I mean it’s just tainted mate. BF has spoken. You’re just not worthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Back