How far can Essendon go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Total Package said:
they should enjoy next weeks final.. because it will be the last final Essendon plays for 5 years with that squad.

You should enjoy tonight, last time you'll see your side for a good 6 months. Today was one more finals win than the Eagles have had in the last 5 years... sad isn't it?

They'll beat Geelong next week if the cats lose and then be pummelled by bris up there.

or if they have to go to port they'll lose next week.

My tip is an unexpected prelim appearance, as will, I think West coast.

sp-mac said:
They'll beat Geelong next week if the cats lose and then be pummelled by bris up there.

If Geelong lose tommorow, Brisbane actually have to play their Preliminary Final at the MCG against the winner of the Cats and Essendon - I agree though, Brisbane would still win pretty easily down here against either opponant.

They can't win the flag, but if Port win tomorrow, Essendon will have a realistic chance of making a preliminary final.

They won't beat Port at AAMI, but a game against Geelong at the G is close to a 50/50 game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon wont win next week.
Nor should they.
When you finish 8th you really should be eliminated in the first week.
Especially when playing a side that only 4 weeks ago was top and had their supporters claiming the premiership.

Just a reminder to the competition that when Essendon have rebuilt look out !

Right at the minute I am not sure too many Essendon supporters care.... We're just wrapped to have won what was a bloody exciting game of footy for the supporters of both clubs.

And you do have to be in it to win it....

Neither side today looked particularly good. Don't expect Essendon to win next week. Would be a nice deja vu if Geelong beats Port and Port picks up its third finals win with another victory over the Bombers!! :)

In a round about way it balances back the 99 prelim loss is about what it means at this stage. How far is not the question until the ball bounces next week.

Depends who they play next week.

If Geelong, they will exit the finals with a 50 point defeat.

If Port Adelaide, it will go close to 100+.

Remove this Banner Ad

How far can Essendon go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back