How far can Essendon go?

Remove this Banner Ad

marcuz said:
Spot on...we may have a few bomber haters diving off the west gate if we arse a premiership this year. It would clean up bigfooty 100%.
No, they're preparing their excuses already with Brisbane playing at the MCG , Hird's 20K, etc etc etc. And some of them may have to dive off bridges in Perth and Sydney. Don't detect that much vitriol coming out of Adelaide or Brisbane though.

Reality says we're 50/1 to win it....but a hell of a lot better odds than 10 other clubs.

But...I'd take it, with a wry smile on my face.

With this man in your team ... anything can happen ...

Hirdy1.jpg

Should frame this for Tragic (or perhaps he has jumped off the West Gate already) :)

i'm just happy the bombers are playing finals.. the only thing better than supporting the bombers in a final at the MCG, is supporting the bombers in two finals at the MCG!

who do you think the lions would prefer to play?

Total Package said:
they should enjoy next weeks final.. because it will be the last final Essendon plays for 5 years with that squad.

Funny, one of your mob said that two years ago just before we wiped the floor with yours. Again.

Finals wins since this comment
West Coast - 14
Essendon - 0

How the wheel has turned and how sweet it is.

I went to a high school that was 70% Essendon "supporters". They were a powerhouse at the time (I graduated in '01) and everyone was a bandwagoner, happy to laugh at Hawthorn at the time. The 10 wins in a row and the '01 prelim was particularly annoying. The OP (2004) was Hawthorn's lowest point and Essendon's last time as a strong club.

Since then:

Hawthorn: 14 finals wins and 4 flags
Essendon: 0 finals wins.

The contrasting fortunes has been very enjoyable against our biggest rival.

Oh I haven't read the entire thread and maybe I'm reading it incorrectly, as someone who suffered under General B Scott for far to many years, I reading this as a negative.

I'd suggest he can match Voyager 2 and send the Bombers into a blackhole, so I suppose the sky is the limit as we darn well say !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the wheel has turned and how sweet it is.

I went to a high school that was 70% Essendon "supporters". They were a powerhouse at the time (I graduated in '01) and everyone was a bandwagoner, happy to laugh at Hawthorn at the time. The 10 wins in a row and the '01 prelim was particularly annoying. The OP (2004) was Hawthorn's lowest point and Essendon's last time as a strong club.

Since then:

Hawthorn: 14 finals wins and 4 flags
Essendon: 0 finals wins.

The contrasting fortunes has been very enjoyable against our biggest rival.
You weren't the other Hawks supporter in my whole year level were you :p

Remove this Banner Ad

How far can Essendon go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back