How good are Sydney in 2014 (incl. Buddy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great team of firsts, but anyone goes down and they have 0 depth.

The depth based on the above 22 is:

Rampe
Roberts-Thomson
Cunningham
Biggs
McGlynn
Jack
Lamb

Listing players with AFL experience only.

What are peoples opinion on Sydney of 2014?

Stole this team off the swans board
FB: Smith, Richards, Shaw
HB: Malceski, Grundy, Rampe
C: Hannebery, McVeigh, Jack
HF: O'Keefe, Franklin, Rohan
F: Goodes, Tippett, Bird
R: Pyke, Kennedy, Parker
Int: Roberts-Thomson, Everitt, Jetta, Mitchell

IMO looks better than this year.. just need to hope improvement from Buddy and development of Mitchell, Rampe etc outweighs deterioration of Goodes, O'keefe etc

Depth could be a worry especially with mummy, bolton, white, maybe reid going. Would leave cunningham, walsh, armstrong, johnson as depth players.. and nfi would could replace Pyke.

Should still be there abouts however need to hope for minimal injuries.

Hawthorn board!

If either Pyke or Tippett get injured who would be the ruck duo Sydney fans?

Naismith would be our ruck in the ressies, not sure how he'd go at senior level next year, could also pick up another ruck during trade week, plenty of 3rd line ruckmen around who aren't currently getting a game. (Have listed some options in another thread)

Firm flag favourites at this stage. If they don't win it then they will have underrachieved on face value.

More money, poach one of their direct rivals best players and all on top of having a quality side to begin with. Obviously this could change if they suffer significant injuries, or if Fremantle/Hawthorn recruit/trade well. But they won't be able to avoid being flag favourites.

I hope we beat them 3 times throughout the season again.

Irrespective of Buddy I would have thought they'd be right back up there if they had a smoother run with injury. I'd still have them in the top four but I think it will take them a year to figure out how to use Buddy to their advantage. It sounds glossy on paper but they will have to make huge structural changes to their gameplan. Everyone thought the midfield strong Dogs of '09 would be hard to beat the next year with Barry Hall. Turned out a big adjustment for the side. He kicked a heap of goals but they didn't live up to expectations.

Irrespective of Buddy I would have thought they'd be right back up there if they had a smoother run with injury. I'd still have them in the top four but I think it will take them a year to figure out how to use Buddy to their advantage. It sounds glossy on paper but they will have to make huge structural changes to their gameplan. Everyone thought the midfield strong Dogs of '09 would be hard to beat the next year with Barry Hall. Turned out a big adjustment for the side. He kicked a heap of goals but they didn't live up to expectations.

Good post, I'd have to agree. Also hinges on Tippet pinching in the ruck which is a big if, and Reid shifting to the HB.

Remove this Banner Ad

How good are Sydney in 2014 (incl. Buddy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back