How has Brisbane and Leppitsch escaped scruitny?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think those players are elite enough to drive your club above its current position, I have a lovely timeshare I'd like to interest you in.

When was Stefan Martin All-Australian? Beams I will agree is probably top-20 (just), but Hanley is nowhere near that (yet - great start to the year, though) and, at the minute, neither is Rockliff. Your tall defenders aren't great, your forward line is equal-worst in the competition along with Carlton. Rich hasn't pulled out anywhere near enough near-BOG performances to be considered elite, not even on his day.

Compare and contrast with another side on the way up after a few dismal years - Melbourne. Martin is good, but Gawn is better. Schache is good but raw - Hogan is the best young key forward around, and Watts is finally showing something. Melbourne certainly has a far better experienced core of players as well - Vince, Garlett, Lumumba, Jones... Brisbane has Merrett, that's it.

Brisbane will be ok, they played well on the weekend and are on the way up. But considering what Leppa inherited, he's ok to lose a few in the meantime.

I'd say Hanley is close. And I'd say Rocky is certainly elite. Hanley had lingering injuries last year and Rockliff had broken ribs, twice. Rocky didn't complete pre season and carried a calf through this year. He's got excuses for his poor form.

Martin was not AA and Rich is not elite, on his day he is fantastic and seriously damaging, but those days are too few and far in between.

Fair argument at the time of the exodus that they were. I think slash hope that with Aish gone, that's the last of it in terms of players who don't want to be there. Won't stop every club in the land from being in Schache's ear, mind.

To be honest, we're better off without Aish. Got way more than what he was worth, a C-grader who will never amount to anything more than a honest foot soldier. No idea how the drafting department got it so wrong with him. Schache will be a Lion for life, huge contract extension is about to be finalised in the next month.

1458080266949.jpg
Would prefer Hogan because while Cameron's the better goalkicker, Hogan is the better mark and is two years younger. You can build a forward line around Hogan due to his ability to always create a contest, Cameron not so easily.

Yeah, and you were definitely going to break up with your ex anyway, she only beat you to it by a month or so :rolleyes:

Well we're not missing the 12 disposals a game from him at the moment.

You'd hope for his sake he improves at some point, he's got so much talent so I don't know why he's regressed since his first season, already been dropped from a seriously under performing pies side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very few people care about Brisbane, I'd assume most people forget they even exist until they play them....and then forget about them straight away. That's why they escape attention.

How's aisho going?

Leppo still smiling about Aisho trade.

Lions got pick 26 in 2015 draft and Saints 2016 second rounder.

Lions on traded pick 26 and pick 17 for:

Basto.

Picks 38 and 40 in 2015 draft that eventually proved crucial in landing Matho at pick 39 in last year's draft (a coup) and North's 2016 third rounder.

Those second and third round picks are likely to be handy fodder for points to match bids for Academy players in the National Draft this year.

Leppo still smiling about Aisho trade.

Lions got pick 26 in 2015 draft and Saints 2016 second rounder.

Lions on traded pick 26 and pick 17 for:

Basto.

Picks 38 and 40 in 2015 draft that eventually proved crucial in landing Matho at pick 39 in last year's draft (a coup) and North's 2016 third rounder.

Those second and third round picks are likely to be handy fodder for points to match bids for Academy players in the National Draft this year.

Jacobo Allisono in addition to our first round picko!

For all of the bluster about Lyon, Hardwick, Buckley and even Hinkley in terms of their performance as coaches, surely Leppa needs to be grouped in the group too.

Brisbane's performances, yesterday notwithstanding, haven't exactly set the world on fire with Leppa at the helm. In fact, I would hazard a guess that his winning percentage would be incredibly low.
To busy feasting on the Buckley, Hardwick, Hinkley carcasses

I enjoy the fact that this post was within 24 hours of us almost beating the Swans (A genuine premiership contender). We more than held our own for the first half against the Roos and Cats too. The growth between this season and last has been quite visible and the off-field hassles seem to be improving too. The OP is either a troll or a dim campaigner.

Remove this Banner Ad

How has Brisbane and Leppitsch escaped scruitny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back