how is ottens better then cox???

Remove this Banner Ad

jbuch9

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
last week the ruck men from collingwood played extremely well against cox and weren't dominated much at all by him then this week ottens destroyed both of them. how is this????

Cox was one of our best, it's just that our midfield without our three best players was r*ped by the Pies mids, they sharked all of Cox's hitouts.
Geelong's midfield didn't allow this, and Otten's dominance wasn't wasted.

Cox was one of our best, it's just that our midfield without our three best players was r*ped by the Pies mids, they sharked all of Cox's hitouts.
Geelong's midfield didn't allow this, and Otten's dominance wasn't wasted.

true but still ottens won the ball around the ground alot more then cox did

last week the ruck men from collingwood played extremely well against cox and weren't dominated much at all by him then this week ottens destroyed both of them. how is this????

From what I remember Cox had a pretty good game against the pies. Size was an issue for the pies ruckmen last night, Ottens is a monster. On his day, Ottens is as good as any... he isn't as consistent as Cox.

Cox/Sandilands conspiracy board.

Doesnt matter how athletic you are (Fraser/Cox) or how tall (Sandilands/Street), all that matters is how good.

When Ottens plays well, he plays well. I would have loved to see a battle between him and Cox this year, would have been good to see how they compare against each other. Cox is better, but Ottens can hold his own against most opponents. That, and he is an awesome mark and can go up forward and boot a couple of goals.

When Ottens plays well, he plays well. I would have loved to see a battle between him and Cox this year, would have been good to see how they compare against each other. Cox is better, but Ottens can hold his own against most opponents. That, and he is an awesome mark and can go up forward and boot a couple of goals.

We would have loved to have seen Cox V Ottens - THIS Saturday lol

Sigh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Computer says no.

computer.JPG

agree, Cox is just better.

But Ottens has been performing pretty well as a tap ruckman for the Cats for a couple of seasons now - his performances up forward have been very patchy, but when thrown onto the ball he's consistently given Geelong it's fair use of the pill. Overtook King as our #1 ruckman some time ago.

Cox's worse is still bloody good, and he's always got an appetite for the contest.

Ottens on the other hand has a heart the size of a pea, and his worst is deplorable.

Ottens can be very effective, while Cox can be absolutely dominant. How anyone could believe Ottens is better than Cox is a mystery wrapped in a giant ****.

Cox > Ottens....
Cox is way more consistant in form....
Not taking anything away from Ottens, he's had a good year... but Cox has been very good for many years - consistantly. Ottens hasn't.

Geelong are a bloody great side but I think even the most die hard Cat supporter would know that trying rating Ottens over Cox would make them look like a ******ed fool :rolleyes:

Geelong are a bloody great side but I think even the most die hard Cat supporter would know that trying rating Ottens over Cox would make them look like a ******ed fool :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha!

Exactly.

Ottens was over rated and useless when he came to the Cats. THat he is finally living up to a portion of that by no means indicated he is anywhere near Cox.

It pains me to say that they both are still far and away better than our stocks, and both were at a time linked to us.

Let's hope Ottens has a huge match next week and has the 07 medal around his neck.

There is no doubt that cox is a freak, but Otto is a huge lump of a man, This year he has added a fair bit of ground work to his game and has improved in his tackling etc. He also has really good hands and can take a decent pack mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

how is ottens better then cox???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back