MRP / Trib. How many weeks for Gaff? LIVE Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo has been so disappointing that this issue is now their grand final. They hold so much negative energy about their club performance over several years they will channel all this into Gaff hate and Eagles hate.

Expect the fearful Vic media flogs to jump on board as well.

That one second action will have big ramifications.

It is their grand final lol. And yeah, pretty standard for them. Plus all the Vics who hate us. Honestly though, I think the media always blows up things in general. The club just needs to focus on playing well. Despite what some hateful people say it doesn't reflect on the club or players.

What's with all the trolls thinking anyone is happy about what Gaff did? I don't even get where that is coming from? Weird.

They hope to make a scenario where you can't disaggregate what he did which was stupid and thoughtless from his character. Implying there was a high level of malice or intent to harm means Gaff is a thug of the highest order and we're all guilty by association.

I'm thinking they will make an example of him, they are trying to stamp out punching. I think he will get 4 or 5 which he probably deserves, isnt acceptable at any level. Recently returning amatuer footy myself, one of my biggest concerns is some knob head is going to punch my lights out for the sake of it. By all means play hard footy but that was just terrible.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Before we proceed any further, everyone, west coast and opposition supporters alike, need to be very careful about what you post in this thread, in particular, and on opposition boards, in general. Thankyou. ;)

Do you guys think the pressure just got to him. He seems like a model afl players, and the pressure of his contract has taken its toll.

In this day and age of footy, I don't think any player intentionally hits another player in the face let alone intentionally break their jaw. This is just a nasty unfortunate incident and gaff will rightfully get suspended for a fair few weeks.

Do you guys think the pressure just got to him. He seems like a model afl players, and the pressure of his contract has taken its toll.
Quite possibly, still doesn't excuse what he did but stress does funny things to your mind.
Can't see him getting less than 6 weeks and I think this will be the final straw that sends him back east

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He
Quite possibly, still doesn't excuse what he did but stress does funny things to your mind.
Can't see him getting less than 6 weeks and I think this will be the final straw that sends him back east
had a presser where he said the decision was causing him not to sleep
Family want him home, girlfriend wa girl

I think it’s not easy for him

It will be 5-7. No doubt. You can’t give 4 weeks for that. At end of the day he chose to swing the arm and intentionally or not, he did a lot of damage. Think of the force required to do what he did.

IMO it was a jumper punch that has gone terribly wrong.

Gaff would never have thought that would be the outcome. I hope that the injuries sustained by Brayshaw don't dictate the penalty alone.

Feel bad for Brayshaw really bad as injury maybe nasty but Gaff would have never thought that would be even a remote outcome.

Shit situation that the media will have a frenzy on.

IMO it was a jumper punch that has gone terribly wrong.
Gaff would never have thought that would be the outcome. I hope that the injuries sustained by Brayshaw don't dictate the penalty alone.
Feel bad for Brayshaw really bad as injury maybe nasty but Gaff would have never thought that would be even a remote outcome.
Shit situation that the media will have a frenzy on.
Will be very tough for Brayshaw, yeah.
I don't think Gaff meant to connect with the jaw either, and Brayshaw will be hearing that a lot too, as well as hearing about Gaff's clean history, as well as hearing about his remorse, and presumably also talking a call from him too. All of which I imagine would be very hard to accept when you've just had your face smashed and your season ended, even if it is all true.

I'm incredibly disappointed with Gaff. Completely out of character, but that doesn't excuse the fact he's sent an 18 year old kid to hospital.

That said, I don't believe one mistake should define a person. Up to this point in time he's been a solid citizen, ball first never go the man. Shouldn't be crucified for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back