MRP / Trib. How many weeks for Gaff? LIVE Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a freak punch in. If he had hit him in the chest which possibly he intended nobody would be carrying on like they are. He has played 174 games and never done anything like this. He is a slight guy who has been bashed from pillar to post including being knocked out in a cowardly blow by the thug Jonas who had form in crashing into players from behind. A brain snap from someone who has never done anything like this. Interesting question as to why he did it.

He just made a massive mistake and the circumstances of positioning etc made it worse. Gaffy should not be throwing his fists around at all but I do not think the intent was there to knock him in the mouth. 4-6 is the punishment, not sure a good record factors into it. Either way this might be his last game for us. It's a pity that such a mistake will follow him for the rest of his career.

So disappointing on so many levels. He's let down the Eagles too. I think he needs to do the time to think about the consequences of his actions. All the best to Brayshaw with a speedy recovery. Haven't given up hope though, we're more than one player.
These days its all about playing a role.

Bring in Ah Chee and tell him these next few weeks are your last chance buddy.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gaffs arm started down the side of his body, and struck similar to how players gut/chest punch. Brayshaw also bent his knees meaning he copped the fist to the jaw instead. Gaff also has probably the cleanest record in the game and showed great remorse. Those four things should be taken into account. It was stupid from Gaff, but those saying he intentially punched Brayshaw in the face can gtfo.
3D0E3510-CD3F-46EF-A6A7-905ACF99E228.jpeg
05B1F4FE-605A-4209-8098-4EA95C442C1E.jpeg

Haha. Cheering the guy who performed a dog act before crying on the bench rather than face the music.
Imagine if he did that in community football? Softcok of the highest order
I cheered, didn't know what had happened till late in the game, just thought the Dockers were being their normal grubby selves. I suspect I wasn't the only one who missed it, it wasn't mentioned around us.

Freo fans ready to string him up. I mean, what he did was wrong, but the hate is kind of frightening as well. And the general vitriol against West Coast as a club due to this is uncalled for. Honestly some Freo fans disappoint me lol.

Freo fans ready to string him up. I mean, what he did was wrong, but the hate is kind of frightening as well. And the general vitriol against West Coast as a club due to this is uncalled for. Honestly some Freo fans disappoint me lol.

There are some that are also associating the act by an individual player with the supporter base in general. The large majority of WCE supporters have rightly called it out for what it was and think that there will be a sizable punishment. Some of the comments flying around has been pretty scary but not surprising.

That’s the most dissatisfied I’ve felt after bending Fremantle over. Why Andrew???

Hopefully Brayshaw comes back okay from this. Getting hit like that can do more long term physiological damage rather than physical sometimes.

Agreed. The win doesn't matter. Just so disappointed in Gaff's action and Brayshaw's injury.

It is so against what Gaff stands for and what the club stands for. We just don't do that sort of thing. Its something you expect from the Freo flogs not a model clubman like Gaff.

Gaff needs to fall on his sword, apologise, go see Brayshaw in hospital and cop his punishment.

How a one second brain snap could ruin our year is just dumbfounding.

Agreed. The win doesn't matter. Just so disappointed in Gaff's action and Brayshaw's injury.

It is so against what Gaff stands for and what the club stands for. We just don't do that sort of thing. Its something you expect from the Freo flogs not a model clubman like Gaff.

Gaff needs to fall on his sword, apologise, go see Brayshaw in hospital and cop his punishment.

How a one second brain snap could ruin our year is just dumbfounding.

He has already apologized on air after the game. I'm sure Gaff will get around the family, he is that sorta bloke. He is hurting big time.

They’ll jump at any opportunity to claim moral high ground. It’s their lifeblood

Edit - and to be fair, I would be too in this case if it were one of our 18 year olds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are some that are also associating the act by an individual player with the supporter base in general. The large majority of WCE supporters have rightly called it out for what it was and think that there will be a sizable punishment. Some of the comments flying around has been pretty scary but not surprising.

Someone in the Freo board said the majority of us condone it, which is so untrue. I mean there's no love loss and Derbies are heated affairs, but I've no time for getting off on anger or revenge. Gaff will get penalised, and we'll move on. I do think there should be zero tolerance for striking though.

Feel for Brayshaw and am sure his family are pretty distraught right now....

In answering the thread title, I think Gaff will end up with 3 weeks... Just my opinion, but I hope (probably stupid of me to do so) that as time passes and the calls to have him charged by the police calm down, that the lawyers do what they are paid to do and walk through what happened with out the media and fan emotions attached... But who knows, sometimes the opposite happens and the media manage to ramp it up to point he gets compared to Charles Manson.

I guess whatever eventuates, we will get the answer of what our team looks like without Gaff in the side, and who can step up..

Dockers straight out with unseemling haste with "confirmation" of a broken jaw. Does Lying have a case for bring the game into disrepute? In the ear of his attack dogs for all the world to see. Obvious incitement carried out. Fkuc i hate freo

Freo has been so disappointing that this issue is now their grand final. They hold so much negative energy about their club performance over several years they will channel all this into Gaff hate and Eagles hate.

Expect the fearful Vic media flogs to jump on board as well.

That one second action will have big ramifications.

I wish hell get three but I think they're gonna give him six. Was poor from on his end but he was extremely remorseful

I was at the game and I can assure you people weren't cheering him for his hit but was supporting him for the cheap shots freo were hitting him with.

Feel for Brayshaw and am sure his family are pretty distraught right now....

In answering the thread title, I think Gaff will end up with 3 weeks... Just my opinion, but I hope (probably stupid of me to do so) that as time passes and the calls to have him charged by the police calm down, that the lawyers do what they are paid to do and walk through what happened with out the media and fan emotions attached... But who knows, sometimes the opposite happens and the media manage to ramp it up to point he gets compared to Charles Manson.

I guess whatever eventuates, we will get the answer of what our team looks like without Gaff in the side, and who can step up..
Yeah it looks like he swung to hit his arm/chest and the kid ran into his fist.

Serious

Yeah it looks like he swung to hit his arm/chest and the kid ran into his fist.

Serious

I'm not condoning his actions, he shouldn't have done it but that's how I read it, no way was there intent to knock him in the mouth. Doesn't really matter, he will go down for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back