How much credibility do bigfooty posters have?

Remove this Banner Ad

There are only about 3-4 posters from each team who have an opinion worth hearing.

Probably true, but your post leads me to think I shouldn't take any notice of it.:)

Once you've been on here a while you get a good idea of whose credible and who's not, also, often reasonable opinions are beat down because:
1. A poster can't stand said player or club.
2. Some posters find it a weakness to agree or give credit.
3. It's fun.
4. Payback for a previous comment.

As far as BF having credibility though, yeah naah.

look at each opinion as it comes and base your conclusions on your own analysis. you can't say, globally, that bf posters do or do not have credibility. some are smart cookies and others are as thick as a plank...

Generally most of the regulars are capable of holding an intelligent debate. I'd say the credibility is reasonably high within the parameters of it being "only a game" where bias is part of the territory.

Two exceptions however:
  • Inconsistent and biased moderation at times
  • I make it a rule to never pass on rumours I have read on BF until I have actually seen it confirmed on a news website. 99% of them are complete fabrications. The other 1% are fabrications which just happen to be right.

How much credibility would you say you generally give posters on this website?
I mean majority of threads have disagreements and alot of the time posters abuse others for merely forming an opinion, but at the end of the day you have to be a fairly passionate supporter with a half decent love for the game to know about this website and to sign up and post on it.

The main reason for this is that i find myself constantly using peoples opinons on this site as back up for my own opinions when football arguing people that don't know about or use this website. Most of the time i'll get the "what would them di&kheads know"

But when you actually think about it, it definitly is a valid point to say- well people on bigfooty think............

Outside this site?. Nil mate, nil.

I've found that some posters put up some very good inside information. And some of these guys have built good cred by doing so repeatedly.

I've also found that most other posters are lying out of their asses in relation to inside information and "late mail."

It doesn't take very long to sort the wheat from the chaff though.

You can trust my posts mate.

I am credible and have credible history and have some sources close to AFL clubs.

Hahaha....i lol'd :D

Seriously, it's not about credibility in the main, but having an opinion. As long as that opinion isn't going to get you in trouble with the law or is abuse, why not express it. Thats why i enjoy BF. There are some very good posters on this site, whom opinions i very much enjoy reading. Which makes BF even better.

Unfortunately Big Footy has a bad reputation with some higher profile people within the Footy Industry, that will take time to change if it ever does. In Collingwood circles the Pies BB is considered the equal of any of the Pies BB's but the main Big Footy forum is more known as somewhere to steer clear of taking some threads with a grain of salt.

Remove this Banner Ad

How much credibility do bigfooty posters have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back