How will the ODI line-up look by the end of summer?

Remove this Banner Ad

eddiesmith said:
Gilchrist
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Watson
White
Lee
Tait
McGrath

3 genuine quick bowlers, 3 all rounders, 3 part timers. Bats down to 9

Those whingeing about Watson, get over it, he has to pay his dues down the order like those you want him to replace did
Have the performances in NZ given you any cause for reconsideration?

eddiesmith said:
Jaques in for Katich with Lewis replacing Tait due to injury
Do you reckon the selectors will have the balls to drop Katich?

You don't reckon Martyn will be back in the side?

Surely Bracken and Clark will command spots ahead of Lewis.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Do you reckon the selectors will have the balls to drop Katich?

Surely Bracken and Clark will command spots ahead of Lewis.

Lewis is better than those 2 NSW hacks, if Ponting could catch he would have been the match winner 2 games in a row

If they dont drop Katich then they are just keepingt another NSW player out of the team

Personally would prefer Katich in the side, he is more of a threat than Jaques to Victoria:D

YOTC said:
Lee/Cullen/Casson
Cullen/Casson

Super Sub - Ronchi

Ronchi is a great timer of the ball, got like 65 off 28 balls against that Great Victorian bowling line up that consited of Warne, White and Lewis.

Cullen or Casson to be the spinner.

I haven't read any further down, but I hope someone else has picked this pathetic piece of writing to pieces.

Firstly, Lee/Cullen/Casson. Lee is one of the best ODI bowlers in the world, his place isn't under threat to anybody. His record speaks for itself.

Cullen/Casson. You WA bias idiotic fruitloop.

Casson is older.
Compare there stats in the ING Cup this year.
Cullen already has a contract.
Cullen's bigged up, Casson isn't (except by WA fruit-loops ie; you)

WHEN CASSON HAS DONE SOMETHING (he's garbage so he won't anyway), continue this gay love obsession. But he can barely make the WA team and you have him in the Aussie ODI side by the end of the summer. You criticise Victorians frequently but you'd have to be the most idiotic biased fruit-loop frequenting this site.

Then again you have the same two bowler fighting for Bracken's spot. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE MR.CAT, Cullen isn't far away from national selection in ODI's his record this season speaks for itself, and with Warne retired and MacGill not seen as a one-day player and Cullen is seen as the third best spin bowler in the country, very young too, which is only to add to his chances will be the next cab of the ranks. Casson is the length of the Olympic Marathon behind Cullen in anything, suggesting there fighting for the same ODI spot is RIDICULOUS AND BIASED. And PATHETIC.

And the last bit I'm not even going to touch, ...... well maybe briefly. Why play a wicket-keeper batsman as the super-sub? And more importantly why play someone who hasn't acheived anything, and is to this stage nothing more than a hit and miss slogger. Lets reward him with national selection for doing nothing, or are we working by the Mitchell Johnson/YOTC biased idiot theory?

So by YOTC's work, I'll name all the SA players that'll be in the Aussie ODI side by the end of the summer.

Lehmann
Blewett
Borgas
Cosgrove
Cullen
Tait
Rofe
Gillespie

******** we're going to have a few players. Because if Casson and Ronchi 'should be playing' then I'd say about every state could argue about 10 of there players worthy.

YOTC, you disgust me.

Now that we've seen the squad for the VB series, how do people expect our best 12 to look by summer's end?

I reckon Katich is the guy under the most pressure.

Jaques and Hayden are out of the team, so Katich desperately needs some big scores if he wants it to stay that way.

Quite frankly, I don't rate Katich. I don't think he's the best option to open, and I don't expect him to be there at the end of summer.

James Hopes is another guy who needs to perform. He's got a golden opportunity to cement a spot at #8. He could really make a name for himself this summer. Huge series for this guy.

I have some serious doubts about Brad Hogg. I know he's performed over a long period, but is this guy really the best spinner in the country? Is he still going to be in the frame 18 months from now?

The other spots up for grabs are the 3rd and 4th pace spots. At this stage Stuart Clark and Bracken are probably next in line after McGrath and Lee. That could change if Dorey carves it up, and I expect a paceman to be included as the 12th man/super-sub for most of our games.

It should be an interesting summer of cricket, and I think we'll have a better idea of which players won't be at the 2007 WC by the end of it.

For the people who have Tait and lee in the same ODI team don't you think that they will be leaking runs? Australia can't afford to have both lee and tait in a ODI team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miss Taits first over today? 5 wides, Australia cant afford those 2 giving away 40 wides and no balls an innings

I did actully, was in a cementary. Listened to it on radio though, sounded painful. Important thing to note is first over.

Talented lad. He'll come good.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
You're an idiot.

Maybe so but that'd be a brillant side eh?

Bentleigh said:
I did actully, was in a cementary. Listened to it on radio though, sounded painful. Important thing to note is first over.

Talented lad. He'll come good.

Maybe so but that'd be a brillant side eh?
But what happens when he starts doing it for the first over of each spell? 3 overs of about 15 runs each, very expensive

Gilchrist
Jaques/Hayden*
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Hopes
Hogg (will be replaced when Warne returns)
Lee
Bracken

McGrath*

* To be swapped as super-subs depending on whether we bat or bowl first.

Lock it in.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Gilchrist
Jaques/Hayden*
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Hopes
Lee
Bracken

McGrath*

Lock it in.

Looks decent.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Gilchrist
Jaques/Hayden*
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Hopes
Lee
Bracken

McGrath*

Lock it in.

I'd have grave concerns for the state of International cricket if that team won every match

eddiesmith said:
I'd have grave concerns for the state of International cricket if that team won every match
If only we had players of the same calibre as Vikram Solanki, Matthew Prior, Ian Blackwell and Shaun Udal.

If only...

It'll look:

1. Gilchrist
2. Jaques
3. Ponting
4. Martyn
5. Symonds
6. Clarke
7. Hussey
8. Hopes
9. Lee
10. Bracken
11. McGrath

SuperSub: Tait/Hayden*

*Assuming they change the rules so you pick your supersub after the toss

Remove this Banner Ad

How will the ODI line-up look by the end of summer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back