Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The missing 6 minutes that will explain everything.

After Nat Cabinet convened on 1pm Fri March 26, Graham Ashton texts AFP Commissioner Reece Kershaw at 1.16pm with "Mate. Question. Why wouldn't AFP Guard people at the hotels."

6 minutes later at 1.22pm after texts between Ashton and Eccles asking who should do the job, Ashton after having no idea 6 minutes earlier, told Eccles its OK private security will do the job, then imedietly informed the Victorian committee its been agreed private security will do the job.

So who had enough power in just 6 minutes to make such a decision?

It's a good move that Andrews cheif of staff be called as for some unexplained reason she wasn't the first time, and Ashtons "incoming" phone logs must be accessed.

View attachment 978537

I can tell you that VicPol said no ADF were to be allowed in hotel security. The real question is why the premier did not tell VicPol to GAGF. But that is politics.

But to be honest it is not even at the heart of the issue. Even if it was ADF there was still not a full and proper infection control plan or infection control training.

We are all looking at the wrong thing. The ADF are not some sort of panacea. Without a plan and without proper training the exact same thing would have happened anyway.

I can tell you that PicPol said no ADF were to be allowed in hotel security. The real question is why the premier did not tell VicPol to GAGF. But that is politics.

But to be honest it is not even at the heart of the issue. Even if it was ADF there was still not a full and proper infection control plan or infection control training.

We are all looking at the wrong thing. The ADF are not some sort of panacea. Without a plan and without proper training the exact same thing would have happened anyway.

picpol?

any word on where the 15 are from? heavy for aged care, or more for the chaddy cluster?
One is in Kilmore in regional Victoria linked to the Chaddy cluster.

People can forget about the lifting of restrictions on the 19th. Ain’t happening. Have had almost half of the allowed 70 cases in the first 3 days of the period.

Going to have to hope for the end October now.

One is in Kilmore in regional Victoria linked to the Chaddy cluster.

People can forget about the lifting of restrictions on the 19th. Ain’t happening. Have had almost half of the allowed 70 cases in the first 3 days of the period.

Going to have to hope for the end October now.

i really want it over "now", but i also dont want to half arse this and stop to early

i was always worried about chaddy biting us on the arse (even though many here were adamant you cannot get covid in a shopping centre)

I can tell you that VicPol said no ADF were to be allowed in hotel security. The real question is why the premier did not tell VicPol to GAGF. But that is politics.

Did you give that evidence at the inquiry?

The 14 day rolling average of 5 may have been a pipedream, but if the target is any less stringent I think we get another wave based on the daily numbers of cases under investigation.

For me to be confident we have it under control, we need to be replicating not only NSW new case numbers during July-September when they never reallly got above 20, but also their "cases under investigation" numbers which were never above five. This is proof of their superior contact tracing, which is vital.

Do we have any faith that they can get tracing right even with small No's, i don't think they do themselves that is why they set the target so low.

Do we have any faith that they can get tracing right even with small No's, i don't think they do themselves that is why they set the target so low.

i keep repeating this, but we have no choice. you want to leave vic, we need to get other states to let us in. thats not happening with 10-20 a day

qld in particular has been very clear - zero community transmission

The cult of Dan on here is mind boggling. Its like the cult of Trump and the cult of Hird. There's no convincing some people of the failures of their idols.. regardless of how obvious they are and how much damage they've done.

From my own perspective, Dan's mob has 3 more weeks to open things up properly and about 2 months after that to show they can contact trace as well as NSW. Otherwise I am moving interstate for atleast 12 months. The problem is you just know we'll be the first to close down again if there's outbreaks (and there will be) and we'll stay in it the longest because Dan's personal guilt will continue to drive all his decision making and for good reason, he doesn't trust anyone else in government. And who wants to live like this? There's no future in a place where you feel lucky if your children are allowed to go to school and your not sure how long they will be able to stay. I'm just lucky i still have a job and you can now do it from anywhere. Others aren't so lucky.

Hopefully Victoria bounces back at some point but we all know right now we're completely f&$ked and the damage will take years to repair.

The cult behind any politician is frightening. You can understand part of it behind elite / champion footballers or footy teams ...but the barracking for any political team and their “leaders” is sad. What is elite about them? Their ability to scheme ?
Just hold them all to account. They take us for mugs bc we mostly let them.

i keep repeating this, but we have no choice. you want to leave vic, we need to get other states to let us in. thats not happening with 10-20 a day

What if it takes another 6 months to get to that level?

NSW got from 20 daily cases to 10 consecutive days of no community transmission without a curfew or 5km limit on travel.

It's either this or contact tracing, and the current Victorian one comes with all sorts of other associated problems with civil disobedience and mental health.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Industrial relations is a federal issue and you're tilting at windmills if you think they're interested in doing anything.
Would love to know the percentage of how many here in Victoria are casuals compared to other states. With a large multicultural population here in vic it has to be the highest in Australia if i was to hazzard a guess.

What if it takes another 6 months to get to that level?

the locked borders are unbelievably popular in qld and wa

they would hold

remember its not how we feel about being locked out, its how they feel about locking us out.

NSW got from 20 daily cases to 10 consecutive days of no community transmission without a curfew or 5km limit on travel.

It's either this or contact tracing, and the current Victorian one comes with all sorts of other associated problems with civil disobedience and mental health.

unlike nsw our outbreaks post rydges have been mostly within the community because it blew out to 700+

when you know the origin its much easier to ringfence and trace, and most nsw outbreaks have had an obvious origin

the only reason we have the hard lockdown is because it blew out to 700+.

Would love to know the percentage of how many here in Victoria are casuals compared to other states. With a large multicultural population here in vic it has to be the highest in Australia if i was to hazzard a guess.

victoria being a manufacturing state means we will have more casuals/contract workers

unlike nsw our outbreaks post rydges have been mostly within the community because it blew out to 700+

when you know the origin its much easier to ringfence and trace, and most nsw outbreaks have had an obvious origin

the only reason we have the hard lockdown is because it blew out to 700+.

And the hard lockdown is the only strategy that has worked in Victoria (with all its associated side effects), and it appears that current restrictions (a slightly less onerous lockdown) can't get us below 10-15 per day, despite less onerous restrictions working in NSW.

The point I am making is the Victorian Government has a choice - improve contact tracing or keep Melbourne in lockdown. It is pretty much that simple.

the locked borders are unbelievably popular in qld and wa

they would hold

remember its not how we feel about being locked out, its how they feel about locking us out.
Of course they will hold, just need the opinion poll in Queensland to see what it has done to their government.

Do you think though that people will put up with another 3-6 months of the current lockdown or even the next step if the numbers can't be controlled?

And the hard lockdown is the only strategy that has worked in Victoria (with all its associated side effects), and it appears that current restrictions (a slightly less onerous lockdown) can't get us below 10-15 per day, despite less onerous restrictions working in NSW.

The point I am making is the Victorian Government has a choice - improve contact tracing or keep Melbourne in lockdown. It is pretty much that simple.

we have improved contact tracing - what was in place in june isnt what we have now

the issue is we are still dealing with the legacy of june, which is the virus in the community

nsw luckily didnt have that

we need to nuke the numbers down so we can rely of contact tracing to do its job once community transmission has been eliminated as much as possible

and contract tracing changes have worked. here are the unknown comm transmission cases for vic:

1601944305574.png

last month for better legibility:
1601944363970.png

in comparison, here are the known numbers:
1601944431580.png

Of course they will hold, just need the opinion poll in Queensland to see what it has done to their government.

Do you think though that people will put up with another 3-6 months of the current lockdown or even the next step if the numbers can't be controlled?

if we accept status quo, thats fine. it means Victoria will remain locked off from the rest of the country until either they have a mass outbreak or a vaccine is available. and this could remain in place for another year.

that means you will see businesses basically move away from victoria, the ausopen/F1/AFL/etc abandon the state for at least 2021, and it will create a massive cultural change in this country - we will be effectively non-Australians

i really want it over "now", but i also dont want to half arse this and stop to early

i was always worried about chaddy biting us on the arse (even though many here were adamant you cannot get covid in a shopping centre)
The majority of cases because of Chaddy are workers and their family. Three were customers.

Of course you can get COVID in shopping centres. But you can also get COVID from any other shop in the world if someone is infected. So should we shut every pharmacy, bank, grocer, butcher, etc then?

The majority of cases because of Chaddy are workers and their family. Three were customers.

Of course you can get COVID in shopping centres. But you can also get COVID from any other shop in the world if someone is infected. So should we shut every pharmacy, bank, grocer, butcher, etc then?

did i say chadstone should be shut? dont be a dick and make shit up

chadstone is my local, my complaints during stage 2/3 were 1) zero social distancing and 2) virtually no mask wearing. the view many have here (that you cannot get covid outdoors or in "open" indoor environments) was order of the day, and there was a fair bit of trumpian blowing it off as a non issue.

the fact three customers got it at this butcher, which has a massive glass fridge between patrons and staff, is a wake up call to all retailers that they have to take this shit seriously, esp when we reopen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back